Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:55 AM

10,924 posts, read 21,914,758 times

Advertisements

That's cool Mac, how about whipping us up a time laps of one forming, that would be neat

No idea how much snow we have, I'm guessing 18" maybe, the drifts are up over the hood of my car, and the power is still on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,002,978 times
I'm in Nashua. Still snowing a bit. Need to head out and clean up. New says we got 24 inches, but I think it looks more like 18. I'll have to measure when I get out there. My doors are snowed shut though, so it's a good thing I have an attached garage!

Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 AM

147 posts, read 267,904 times
We have about 24" in Dover/Durham......maybe a few inches more or less

Old 02-09-2013, 10:21 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,002,978 times
okay, after clearing it, that's a crap load of snow. my arms are going to be sore tomorrow!

Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,179,747 times
Talking Please post your pics VAL, Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Gloom? What gloom?? Tis glorious white stuff, the stuff we've been waiting for since December. The downhill skiers can rely on fake snow--those who xcountry need the real thing! Going to try snowshoeing this weekend too And I can't wait to get out there in daylight to take some pictures!

Yeah, the news is non-stop, but in some area (particularly the MA coast) it's been pretty rough. The cape and south shore got walloped, even had some thundersnow, with lots of cloud to ground action (would LOVE to see pics/video of that!). Coastal flooding with the 10 am high tide (astronomical to boot). Many in NH are getting spared from the crazy amounts that were forecasted, and that's fine with me. It would have been fun to be 'historical' and have my kids remember/talk about THEIR "Blizzard of 78" but maybe next year It's still going to be a sizable storm in any case...

Gloom LOL! I know I agree with you VAL, all that snow seems like paradise

Old 02-09-2013, 11:31 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,932,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Gloom LOL! I know I agree with you VAL, all that snow seems like paradise
lol I think you guys are few and far between. Went to the beach today and saw LOTS of people from NH and Mass. Talked to a couple down from Sunapee said they won't even go back to visit their grandkiddies in the winter months cause they can't take the grey... I dunno looking at the weather it just seemed better to be lounging on the beach as opposed to shoveling out 24 inches of snow... Besides where's all the snow gonna go? Its gotta melt at some point.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:41 AM

26,400 posts, read 46,347,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
lol I think you guys are few and far between. Went to the beach today and saw LOTS of people from NH and Mass. Talked to a couple down from Sunapee said they won't even go back to visit their grandkiddies in the winter months cause they can't take the grey... I dunno looking at the weather it just seemed better to be lounging on the beach as opposed to shoveling out 24 inches of snow... Besides where's all the snow gonna go? Its gotta melt at some point.
Summer lasts most of the year and Florida and the sun angle is brutal due to the latitude. That is what I can't tolerate. Florida latitude is further south than parts of the Middle East and Africa.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,230,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
If we didnt have all this snow to melt we wouldnt have all these crystal clear lakes and rivers. It would start to look like the lakes i remember when i lived down there. Some were bone dry.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:01 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,001,976 times
yep. that's a lot of snow. WMUR reports our area got around 25" but with all the drifting, it's very tough to tell. DH got the snowblower working, (after he dug his way to the garage!) but the snow was about as high as the shoot which made it kinda tough. He's nibbled away and got most of the driveway cleared - next door neighbor's son gave him some tips to make it easier. But.. while our snow was waist high, the guy across the street was snowblowing and his looked a bit less! prevailing wind in our direction, I guess.

While DH was working, a back neighbor stopped by to ask if we wanted our roof raked. He's been a roofer for 30+ years. I had no idea it was as high on the roof as it was - till he got some of it cleared off! poor guy had to climb through all the snow in the front yard to get there.

yep, you may not see them much normally, but when nature hits, they can be very helpful even when they don't know you.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,903,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
That's cool Mac, how about whipping us up a time laps of one forming, that would be neat

No idea how much snow we have, I'm guessing 18" maybe, the drifts are up over the hood of my car, and the power is still on.
I have a grand total of a measured 11.5 inches on my special weather table

I am kinda bummed out there wasn't in excess of 24 but 11 will do for now...

As to that ice circle, well I happen to be a ice circle virgin.....

My wife may have used the camera in movie mode, but i am not sure. If she did, I wouldn't know what to do with it to get it on line.

About that time and i am not sure on that either, she slipped and fell HARD...... She was in hard boots with driveway creepers, having a reluctance sometimes to wear what I say

Umm err ahh I would have no idea why.... err

After that fall and I was also in real hard plastic boots with out spikes we went a bit more, then we had lunch and that was when i learned how hard she had fallen. Out came the spikes and I wasn't taking NO for her answer anymore.

It is very safe to say that now she will use spikes when i say....

I will find out.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire