Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:35 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,524 times

Advertisements

She's at it again. Carol Shea-Porter, aka the dumbest person ever to have represented the state of NH in Washington, recently voted against a freeze on congressional pay until Congress passes a budget.

We all know Carol too well though and there's no way she she'd ever do the honorable thing take passing a budget seriously. All she's good for is wasting our money and regurgitating DNC talking points.

This woman is an embarassment and a disgrace to our state. 2014 can't come soon enough so we can get rid of her once and for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 07:28 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
She's at it again. Carol Shea-Porter, aka the dumbest person ever to have represented the state of NH in Washington, recently voted against a freeze on congressional pay until Congress passes a budget.

We all know Carol too well though and there's no way she she'd ever do the honorable thing take passing a budget seriously. All she's good for is wasting our money and regurgitating DNC talking points.

This woman is an embarassment and a disgrace to our state. 2014 can't come soon enough so we can get rid of her once and for all.
She's got a recent campaign to pay for, at our expense, as well as making up for
the two years she was out of office..........

Old 02-17-2013, 10:04 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
It is wrong that the congress has gone so long without a budget. Every organization has a budget: families, school systems, towns, cities, states, non-profits, etc. Only the Fed can operate without a budget and not balance the budget...

Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,524 times
Everything Shea-Porter does is wrong.

I hope the people of NH have the good sense to kick her out of office in 2014.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,939,617 times
I don't know, it's sort of worth a laugh that the voters of this haggard old blowhard's congressional district could undergo such a mind-boggling lapse in collective common sense. After democratically removing her from office in 2010, they promptly send her back to D.C. in 2012?

Cripes, Guinta was really that bad?

Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
The state of New Hampshire booted the Republicans out because they did nothing. Zip.

Take the position of not doing anything. Take the position of zero compromise. Then you are booted out. It's that simple.

If voters of NH do not like what this person does then in 2 years they can vote this one out.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
The state of New Hampshire booted the Republicans out because they did nothing. Zip.

Take the position of not doing anything. Take the position of zero compromise. Then you are booted out. It's that simple.

If voters of NH do not like what this person does then in 2 years they can vote this one out.
I'd much rather have my .gov at a stalemate than have them raising taxes, giving themselves pay raises, passing more laws, and taking more freedoms.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Default OP - You are wrong about Carol Shea-Porter

I have met and have had substantial conversations with Ms. Shea-Porter and I have never had the impression that she thinks she is better than her constituents. She is a very considerate and thoughtful Representative and is doing a very good job for New Hampshire.

By contrast Mr. Ginta is an arrogant self aggrandizing fool concerned first and foremost with the wealth and position of Mr. Ginta. He represents himself and a few major campaign contributors as well as any lobbyist willing to pay the ante for a few minutes with his vacant mind. In simpler words just another sleaze ball congress critter without the ability to think beyond his own wallet.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:58 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have met and have had substantial conversations with Ms. Shea-Porter and I have never had the impression that she thinks she is better than her constituents. She is a very considerate and thoughtful Representative and is doing a very good job for New Hampshire.

By contrast Mr. Ginta is an arrogant self aggrandizing fool concerned first and foremost with the wealth and position of Mr. Ginta. He represents himself and a few major campaign contributors as well as any lobbyist willing to pay the ante for a few minutes with his vacant mind. In simpler words just another sleaze ball congress critter without the ability to think beyond his own wallet.
She's a buffoon. This editorial is pretty accurate.

Clueless Carol: Shea-Porter on the economy | New Hampshire OPINION01

Absolutely clueless. However she is all for squeezing more money from the serfs for redistribution, so I know why you love her.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:02 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,383,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
She's a buffoon. This editorial is pretty accurate.

Clueless Carol: Shea-Porter on the economy | New Hampshire OPINION01

Absolutely clueless. However she is all for squeezing more money from the serfs for redistribution, so I know why you love her.
Shea-Porter, Guinta, whatever. All in Congress are guilty, whatever party they are from. They are both responsible for the mess that's about to happen with sequestration. All they're doing at this point is pointing the finger at each other and letting the hammer fall on Friday. As the beacon of democracy, we as a country are setting a very poor example for the rest of the free world. We can't pass a budget, we can't even talk across the aisle for the good of the country.

I can't legally say anything about the executive branch due to my employer.

I still vote in NH, and I intend to vote out every incumbent, regardless of party, when they are next up for re-election. Anyone that had a part in this mess - they do not get my vote.

Rant over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire