Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 08:24 AM

686 posts, read 1,767,208 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the update. It is great to know you have a satisfactory solution.

I take it $211.08 over two years includes equipment lease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 08:32 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times
It includes everything I have so far. My understanding is that the only possible additional charges that might crop up are if I go over the 1 hr international calling. There are also some upgrades to the features which can be purchased separately. There are so many features I have not had time to see what all is available. Also it is taking some time for me to enter the contacts from my address book so I have not had time to scope it out.

I do expect the price to go up after my initial two years are up, that is a given. Even so it would have to go up a LOT for me to be seriously dissatisfied.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 AM

1,370 posts, read 2,181,145 times
Glad to hear it worked out for you, FrugalYankee. Thanks to all for providing such detailed and valuable info in this thread, I'm sure it will help many.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,549 times
Smile Wilson Electronics - DT - Cell Phone Signal Booster

I have a house in Sunapee, NH. Cell signal is really bad. Goes on and off, mostly off. I bought a Wilson Cellular Amplifier and it is crazy good. I now have a constant 5 bars. You mount an antena outside where you get the best signal (mine is mounted where my cell sometimes looses signal, but this antena must be much better as it never looses signal) and run a wire inside to a box. Box has an antena. I bought what is called the desktop version so you do need to be within about 6 feet from the antena, but I now have a super signal all the time that I even use to connect to the internet by tethering my cell phone. I bought on Amazon. Here is the link Amazon.com: Wilson Electronics - DT - Cell Phone Signal Booster for Small Home or Office: Cell Phones & Accessories

Old 04-17-2013, 08:32 AM

PSA for those interested in economical VOIP alternatives: Costco is currently selling the following three options of Ooma device and service. All three options include a forever-free phone number and forever-free US calls. The device works with any land-line phone and includes an answering machine.

FYI, I am currently trying out the first of these options. The experience so far has been good. I will provide an update if things change.

1. At warehouse, Ooma Telo for $129.99: Connect Telo to Internet using Ethernet cable; connect phone to Telo.

2. Online, Ooma Telo + WiFi for $169.99: Connect Telo to Internet using either an Ethernet cable or using WiFi; connect phone to Telo.

3. Online, Ooma Telo + Linx for $149.99: Connect Telo to Internet using Ethernet cable; connect phone to Telo; plug Linx to power and pair with Telo; connect phone to Linx. Telo and Linx communicate using DECT, the standard cordless phones use to support multiple handsets.

A few notes:

* For those using Google Voice: You can forward Google Voice number to the Ooma number. (Google Voice does not support all VOIP numbers.)

* The basic service includes free calls to USA. Other calls cost extra and rates are published.

* Telecommunication taxes and franchise fees apply (by federal and state laws) as with any other VOIP service. The fees come to $3+ for NH.

* Premier service includes call forwarding, second line, and other features for about $10 a month.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:33 AM

18 posts, read 31,409 times
I used the following solution in for poor reception in the apartment we were in last winter, it requires an Android smartphone, high-speed internet and home wifi, though:

Get set up with Google Voice (free) and choose your number. Then go to the Android Play Store and download the GrooveIp app. Link the app to your GoogleVoice account, then get your phone set up on your home wifi network. Now, when you want to make a call choose the GrooveIP app rather than your phone's calling app, and GrooveIP will act as a VoIP client, sending all your calls through the internet. Worked great for me until we moved to a house in N Nashua a couple of months ago, since we already had wifi and smartphones the total cost of the solution was $5.99 for the GrooveIP app. One downside is you will be calling from the Google Voice number, and people will have to call you on it, so you need to let your contacts know to call the Google Voice number if they are trying to get you at home.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuncle View Post
Get set up with Google Voice (free) and choose your number...
Thanks for confirming this solution. BTW, this solution was discussed early on in this thread.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:29 AM

18 posts, read 31,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUR View Post
Thanks for confirming this solution. BTW, this solution was discussed early on in this thread.

Last edited by carbuncle; 06-04-2013 at 11:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire