Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2007, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 4,900 times

Advertisements

I am hoping to get some advice and feedback on an issue I am currently having. My best friend and I are planning to move to NH. We both have friends in the area and absolutely love it up there. We currently live in NJ. We found a place in Manchester NH. It is called Countryside Village apartments. Neither one of us have ever been to the Manchester area but since we each have friends that live on different ends, it seemed to be the central location.

Recently we took a tour of Countryside Village and absolutely loved it. We have been searching for a place for months and this was the first one that we both actually agreed on. But now here is the problem, while we were on our tour, we had asked the leasing consultant about crime in the area. She hesitated in answering the question but then said that its a quiet and safe area but with any place, you always have your chance of crime. Because of the fact that she hesistated, the red flag started waving in my mind. Later that day I did some further research on the apartment complex and went on to several apartment rating sites. There was only one person that gave this place a good review and she had only been living there for a month. Most of the reviews were from the summer time and prior to that. A majority of the complaints were that maintence was slow, noise, and the new management that took over. But there were a few that mentioned crime in the complex. They said that there are teenagers that walk around, terrorizing young children as well as adults and you can't even take a walk around the area without them picking on you or shouting profanity at you for no reason. One person even spoke of a shooting that took place in the area.

I don't exactly remember how close to the actual city we were but I do remember that we had to jump back on the highway to get to this place. Based on the drive from the highway to the apartment complex, the area appeared to be safe. It did not look run down. It appeared to be well kept and so did the grounds for this apartment. My friend and I are both new to this moving business so anyone who knows about the area and in particular the apartment complex (Countryside village), your advice and opinions would be very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire