Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,649,522 times

Advertisements

I think this applies to just about every state...find the nearest university and go from there. You'll knock out most of your list then it's just a matter of narrowing down the remaining items on your list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 06:28 PM

489 posts, read 961,501 times
I like living in my corner of New Hampshire so far, but one thing I miss about living in the Pacific Northwest is people pay more attention to being green/sustainable.

-Mike

Old 05-17-2013, 07:08 AM

572 posts, read 1,314,655 times
I agree that the discription seems to fit just about any college town in NH. There are quite a few of them and most are very small with short (1 mile or less) main streets with shops and tiny restaurants.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:28 PM

14 posts, read 29,745 times
Default Monadnock region

We live in Peterborough and love it. If you want a larger town, Keene has a lot to recommend it and has a college, although taxes are high. Other, smaller towns in the area that are nice:
Jaffrey (esp Jaffrey Center)
Hancock
Harrisville

I do not recommend New Ipswich, dysfunctional and clannish. Dublin is nice but has class warfare (rich summer people vs locals). Rindge has problems. The SW corner (Hinsdale, Winchester) is fairly poor.

We retired to Jaffrey Center 15 years ago and have now downsized in Peterborough. The area is a great place to live and we've never regretted our move (from DC).

Old 05-31-2013, 09:03 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,007,236 times
Peterborough can be nice, but is more liberal - which is fine if you want that. NI isn't all that bad. Greenville is very blue collar with an awful lot more rentals than home owners, kinda depends on which street you are (some areas are nicer than others). Jaffrey is nice but very expensive. Keene.. seriously? if you like being surrounded by college kids and all that brings and removed from most of the rest of NH... go for it (if you're looking more towards VT, it might be fine).

Old 05-31-2013, 09:05 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,395,600 times
Progressive?

The last thing NH needs is more moonbats voting for leftist whackadoos like Kuster and Shea-Porter.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:25 AM

54 posts, read 84,842 times
Reading your lists seems a bit off to me. Anywhere lots of progressives voters live also has super high crime. Also the old type buildings you talk about are very hard to heat and anything except green without having a massively expensive renovation.

I heard Chicago has some progressive values you might like and it also has one of the highest murder capitals of the United States. Also I know that Detroit is very progressive seeing how an "evil" Republican hasn't been voted mayor in over 50 years. I know there is a lot of vacant property there along with roaming packs of stray dogs that kill people.

The deep part of New England where New Hampshire is at is full of white people and no crime. We don't give handouts to people because you consider them handicapped because of their skin color.

I see you also posted this post in Connecticut. Having lived in Connecticut for 9 years a few years ago you will find everything you are looking for but the crime rates in those "progressive havens" are much higher than a few hours to the north east.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:27 PM

686 posts, read 1,763,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timthegreat View Post
...Anywhere lots of progressives voters live also has super high crime....
This sounds interesting. I am genuinely curious to see results of a/the study.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timthegreat View Post
The deep part of New England where New Hampshire is at is full of white people and no crime. We don't give handouts to people because you consider them handicapped because of their skin color.
There seems to be a subtext here, but I wonder what it is?

Old 06-01-2013, 08:45 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,838,511 times
The description seems like Wilton, NH.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:59 PM

54 posts, read 84,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUR View Post
This sounds interesting. I am genuinely curious to see results of a/the study.
I know 93% of a certain minority vote for "progressive candidates" every single time. And this minority who consists of 13% of our countries population commits over 50% gun related crimes. Now this is where I get my progressive areas commit more crimes because this is simple math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUR View Post
There seems to be a subtext here, but I wonder what it is?
The 3 states with the highest percentage of white people in America are Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire. The 3 states with the lowest crime rates in America are Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire. No rocket science here.

I know this data isn't politically correct but I cant change the facts and make them seem more "progressive friendly".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire