Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:44 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,893,419 times

Advertisements

Many in southern New Hampshire will be happy to hear that Nashua will be home to the 1st Whole Foods store in the state. This was supposed to happen several years back, but now it's definite: the store will be just off Exit 7, in the former Market Basket location.

Whole Foods to open off Exit 7 in Nashua - New Hampshire Business Review - August 9 2013
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 07:42 PM

491 posts, read 1,367,606 times
A man told me this about a year ago. Said he was in construction and they had to get Market Basket out of there before WF could go in. At the time, there was no sign of MB going anywhere so I assumed he was just passing one of the many WF/Nashua rumors. Contrary to the spokesperson, I'm sure this store has been in the works for years.

Coming soon: higher grocery bills in my house as I'm sure this store will be very tempting.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:02 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,535,221 times
Now to get Trader Joe's to build another store in South Manchester. I hear thee is a Shaw's available.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 AM

489 posts, read 959,271 times
Awesome news!!!! Way awesome.

-Mike

Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 PM

3,712 posts, read 10,984,216 times
I wonder what will move in to Milford's Stop & Shop?

Old 08-15-2013, 12:09 AM

858 posts, read 1,796,041 times
Wow, that's the last place in Nashua where I'd picture a WF would be...

Old 08-16-2013, 10:07 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,392,764 times
I've never been to a whole foods but I hear they're terribly expensive. I'm all for eating healthy. iIm also for not going broke doing it.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:25 AM

29 posts, read 63,919 times
Whole Foods can be pricey, but if you work it right can be fairly well priced. Look under the organic produce bins for bagged organic produce at cheaper prices, and the 365 brand is always nicely priced.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:48 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,893,419 times
OK, so it's confession time: I've never been to a Whole Foods either... I have many friends who rave about how great it is, but I've never felt the urge to see it. I do visit Trader Joe's (now in Nashua) 4 or 5 times a year, to stock up on items that are well priced and good quality. I sometimes try new foods while I am there, but to be honest, they sell so many of the processed foods that I am trying to wean completely out of, and it doesn't help that most of it just tastes so good...

Instead of these national chains, I prefer to buy as local as possible, and what I can't pick from my backyard gardens, I visit a local farm stand. If I'm going someplace outside of my usual area, I try to look up what's there so that I can try different places--one thing that I've really enjoyed this year is visiting several town's Farmer's Market's--it's great that they're not all on Saturday mornings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
I've never been to a whole foods but I hear they're terribly expensive. I'm all for eating healthy. iIm also for not going broke doing it.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:45 AM

489 posts, read 959,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
I wouldn't target Whole Foods as a grocery store to shop to save money. However, the quality of the food is most excellent, and as pointed out already by AileenM, you can get good prices if you shop wisely. It may take you a few visits to learn the in's and out's of how it works in Whole Foods, but well worth it in the long run. The all-natural angle is the one that appeals to the wife and I.

Here is a blurb from their website about the quality standards they operate under: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/abou...gredients-food

-Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire