U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 06:52 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Wow. I live in Alaska and have been off work with an injury for the last week, semi snowed in (not that I have anywhere to go anyway), so I've been prowling through the other state forums. These photographs are incredible...beautiful state you've got.

We do have a beautiful state. Although I have never been to Alaska, I have seen tv shows and pictures and Alaska is a very beautiful state as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 07:13 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,961,475 times
Suzet- thanks for sharing the Getty pics! It's one of the beautiful places in SoCal I will miss. I don't want to sound as if I'm totally bashing the place-there are nice places there for sure. Have you been to the Getty Villa(i think it's in Malibu)? It's amazing, but I think it's only open for a short time each year, & tickets are pricey. Worth checking out if you get the chance before you move. Thanks again for the beautiful pictures!

Old 01-15-2008, 09:39 AM

2,375 posts, read 2,251,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Suzet- thanks for sharing the Getty pics! It's one of the beautiful places in SoCal I will miss. I don't want to sound as if I'm totally bashing the place-there are nice places there for sure. Have you been to the Getty Villa(i think it's in Malibu)? It's amazing, but I think it's only open for a short time each year, & tickets are pricey. Worth checking out if you get the chance before you move. Thanks again for the beautiful pictures!
Yes, thank you Suzet! It's been a long time since I went to the Getty Center. It's an amazing place. When I went you had to have a reserved time ticket....but I guess they don't do that there now, only at the Villa.

lisa g, I want to also check out the Getty Villa. I've looked into & it's actually free, parking is $8. You have to get a ticket in advance to be there at a specific time. I think it's the events that cost money though.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:02 PM

2,111 posts, read 6,216,159 times
You guys are welcome. I figured everyone in NH could do with just a bit of So Cali sunshine. I havent been the The Getty Villa yet. We will have to check it out. You dont need a reservation any more for the Getty, just pay for parking and there you go. It was packed, and we didnt get there till later on in the day. The view to the ocean was amazing, I am glad it was clear outside.

Lisa, I know what you mean, there are some beautiful spots in So Cali as well as through out the state.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:18 PM

4,541 posts, read 11,745,815 times
Suzet, thank you for sharing some of SoCal with us! My brother who lives in Palm Desert says that the Getty Museum is one of the places he wants to take us to when we go visit, probably next September or October. That's alota lanes on that highway LOL but from what I understand that's the norm. He feels a little clastrophobic when he visits New England

And Metlakatla, thank you for the compliments on the sights of NH. Coming from someone who lives in Alaska, that's high praise indeed! I visit the AK forum from time to time, and have been in awe of some of the pictures I've seen there. I believe it's Ranec who posts pictures quite often? Thanks for visiting

Old 01-15-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Suzet, thank you for sharing some of SoCal with us! My brother who lives in Palm Desert says that the Getty Museum is one of the places he wants to take us to when we go visit, probably next September or October. That's alota lanes on that highway LOL but from what I understand that's the norm. He feels a little clastrophobic when he visits New England

And Metlakatla, thank you for the compliments on the sights of NH. Coming from someone who lives in Alaska, that's high praise indeed! I visit the AK forum from time to time, and have been in awe of some of the pictures I've seen there. I believe it's Ranec who posts pictures quite often? Thanks for visiting
That freeway gets so congested it is scary. We caught it on a Sunday late afternoon, so there were no cars. All our freeways are big like this, 6 lanes, 8 lanes. I really dont like driving on them when busy, I dont like putting my trust in drivers who are going 80 mph and texting

When you visit The Getty, be prepared to walk a lot, the place is huge. I hope you catch it on a clear day, with no smog. The view to the ocean is awesome.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:23 PM

3,034 posts, read 7,800,714 times

Hampton Beach, mid Sept. 2007

Old 01-18-2008, 10:02 PM

10 posts, read 33,666 times
Well, my wife and I moved to New London from Cape Cod a few months ago and are currently sort of rennovating here and there. Most of my Pictures are more like photographs, but here is a couple.

Cindy and I are Porsche nuts so we thought this might be appropriate on top of Mt. Washington

Wife Cindy and daughter Cheryl

Since we're Porsche nuts here's our car on top of Mt. Washington

One of our daughter's 12 Puerto Rican Pacifinos on 'the Wilmot farm'
This is Angie

View from our back deck in New London

Annual Porsche Auto Show in New London near the town gazebo

When it's clear we can see Mt. Sunapee from our deck

Last rose of summer

Old 01-19-2008, 07:09 PM

buck naked, great pictures of the beach. I dont think there is such a thing as a bad picture of the beach. It always looks so relaxing to me.

doncapecod, welcome to the NH Forum, and thanks for the great pictures. Of course the Porsche on top of Mt Washington is a gorgeous shot.

Keep em coming everyone.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:28 PM

5,230 posts, read 7,319,821 times
Heres a few.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire