U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2013, 08:46 PM

4,541 posts, read 11,745,815 times

Advertisements

The high point of the Kancamagus is near Mount Kancamagus, and is closer to the Lincoln side than the North Conway side. Most of the 34 mile road is twisting & turning, stunning views out every window, and plenty of places to pull off the road and take pictures. There are steep hills & short hikes, water falls & rocky rivers, foot bridges to cross, and beautiful craggy mountains. There are no restaurants, hotels, gas stations or conveniences of any sort. We typically pack coolers with sandwiches, chips, fruits & drinks and chose a comfy rock on the Swift River (Conway side of the Kanc). Rocky Gorge can get really crowded during summer weekends and Columbus Day Weekend, but there are PLENTY of other spots. Careful not to slip on wet rocks--it's easy to misjudge just how much force the water travels at, and people have been pulled downriver with severe injury and worse... Enjoy, and remember that old saying "Take only pictures and leave only footprints"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldragon View Post
Just asked someone at here work and they told me that the high spot in on mt. Kangamangus near Lincoln.. Idk if that means anything to you guys but idk where mt. Kangamagus is but I guess I'll start by Lincoln then after that hight point I guess is all down hill from there.

Thx for the input..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 07:01 PM

497 posts, read 805,408 times
Big and middle

Old 09-26-2013, 10:57 PM

705 posts, read 1,419,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
The high point of the Kancamagus is near Mount Kancamagus, and is closer to the Lincoln side than the North Conway side. Most of the 34 mile road is twisting & turning, stunning views out every window, and plenty of places to pull off the road and take pictures. There are steep hills & short hikes, water falls & rocky rivers, foot bridges to cross, and beautiful craggy mountains. There are no restaurants, hotels, gas stations or conveniences of any sort. We typically pack coolers with sandwiches, chips, fruits & drinks and chose a comfy rock on the Swift River (Conway side of the Kanc). Rocky Gorge can get really crowded during summer weekends and Columbus Day Weekend, but there are PLENTY of other spots. Careful not to slip on wet rocks--it's easy to misjudge just how much force the water travels at, and people have been pulled downriver with severe injury and worse... Enjoy, and remember that old saying "Take only pictures and leave only footprints"
i appreciate the info Valerie Thank you!!

Old 09-28-2013, 09:14 PM

6 posts, read 25,822 times
Default Nashua, N.H.

The carousel at FunWorld, an arcade in a castle-shaped building in Nashua, N.H. that has a wide variety of games. There's anything from Pacman, air hockey, four-player racing, and Dance Dance Revolution. There's a free two-level parking garage right next to it and the prices aren't too bad. Basically, it's a great place for families with younger kids.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture Thread for NH-nh-img_0183-sm-copy.jpg  

Old 09-29-2013, 03:29 PM

Scenic areas at Kancamangus Hwy in NH

Old 09-29-2013, 04:25 PM

47 posts, read 90,114 times
Beauiful. Especially love the lighting in the last photo.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:05 AM

2 pic stitch

Old 09-30-2013, 10:41 AM

Hope you don't mind, but this is my new background on my PC.....stunning!!!

Old 09-30-2013, 10:43 AM

eldragon,

Where in NH was this taken? Is it this year's foliage?

Old 09-30-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopper View Post
Hope you don't mind, but this is my new background on my PC.....stunning!!!
not at all.. hope its big enough.. if not ill inbox u the original.. this was at the Kancamangus highway near Lincoln.. just after what i believe was the highest point of the highway.. and yes its this years foliage but it is not at peak.. its only 40% according to a website i checked.. friends told me that peak time its very crowded up there.. this is the first time i went which was this past weekend

Last edited by eldragon; 09-30-2013 at 11:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire