Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: BEST PART OF STATE TO LIVE IN
NORTH OF CONCORD 186 58.13%
CONCORD AND SOUTH 134 41.88%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:56 PM

105 posts, read 208,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFWIC View Post
PERFECT !!!! Spot on observation. If you are visiting New Hampshire, you are my guest because I live here. When you are someone's guest, you should act accordingly.
The problem is that most of these visitor's think they own the place and WE, should be grateful.

You don't get it, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 06:00 PM

120 posts, read 785,217 times
Default Yeah, okay!

Quote:
I wasn't calling YOU anything. I never even read your post.
Don't take it personal, I wasn't refering to anyone on this forum.
Or was I?
As my daughter would say, whatever. It isn't even worth it. Aren't you the same person who thinks the government is stealing steel from bridge projects to build tanks? Yeah, okay!

Just tell me the name of your town and I'll nominate it for worst place for me to live in NH.

Last edited by LACarole; 08-16-2008 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: more

Old 08-16-2008, 06:34 PM

103 posts, read 316,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LACarole View Post
As my daughter would say, whatever. It isn't even worth it. Aren't you the same person who thinks the government is stealing steel from bridge projects to build tanks? Yeah, okay!

Just tell me the name of your town and I'll nominate it for worst place for me to live in NH.
Wouldn't do any good...You can't get here anyway, there is no Bridge.
Gov. confiscated the steel to build tanks.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:54 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,000,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colebrook View Post
Gee, some of my best friends are tree cutters.

I'm sorry! I just couldn't resist!!!

Old 08-16-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatt View Post

Anyhow, I'd say that attitudes such as yours are far less welcome in NH than you seem to think.
I will bet you they are not !

Man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. [Paul Simon]

YouTube - The Boxer

Old 08-16-2008, 08:54 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,442,648 times
SUZET!!!! Save us!!!!
LACarole, I am sorry you were pushed to the point of justifying who you are here!
Wanna, you continue to crack me up.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACarole View Post
Whoa! I'm not sure what exactly I said, but obviously it was not the right thing. My husband tells me to just ignore the post but to be honest, it's 'stuck in my craw'. FYI, I am very few of the names you called me. I am a 38 year old stay at home mom who homeschools my 15 year old and is married to a 27 year veteran cop who makes less money than a school bus driver. I go to Walmart or a coop for my groceries AND clothes, have my hair cut at a beauty school and clip coupons to save money, don't have nails to file because I chew them to the quick worrying that every bill will get paid each month, and can barely operate a dvd player, much less an ipod. I have planted many more trees than I've even thought of cutting down, since I've never cut one down. I use a Brita water filter pitcher for my 'special' water and won't even let my daughter throw an apple core or piece of gum out of the window of my 6 year old used minivan, much less something non-biodegradable. I do yell sometimes, I must admit, especially when someone treats me like they are smarter or better than me without giving me the chance to show who and what I am. Luckily for me, I've never had a problem with a wood stove and really don't mind layering my clothes. I'm really not trying to be mean, but you need to pick up some clues about tolerance. Haven't you ever heard that you can't judge a book by its cover, especially when you haven't seen its cover? We just want to move somewhere that we can enjoy God's gifts to this world and not die of heat exhaustion doing it. We don't want to bother anyone and certainly don't want to irritate anyone. I'm sorry that you chose my well-intentioned attempts to encourage another human being and make a new friend to mean that I was any of the things you accused me of being. You should be ashamed.
LACAROLE: I have just read your complete post for the first time.
I don't know where you got the impression that I was pointing my finger at you. I AM NOT!
The fact is that you actually sound like a real person to me. Not one of those plastic people types living on plastic and acting like Gods gift to me.

I moved to NH in 83-84 after 4 years in the military. Actually grew up in CT. on farm land. milked more cows and planted more corn at the age of 14 then most kids these day's that visit McDonalds and supersize their fries.

Those types think that they are living a real life. HA! HA! HA!
They are sheep for the banks to lead to the debt house for slaughter.

I'm not ashamed at all LaCarole. I am amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9147zPzXfx0

Last edited by MFWIC; 08-17-2008 at 05:54 AM.. Reason: bad link

Old 08-17-2008, 07:19 AM

106 posts, read 453,288 times
Quote:
Please People..If your going to move here don't bring that materialistc, capitalistc, ipod wearing, cell phone zombie, tree cutting, water bottle out the car window throwing, yelling, screaming, nail fileing, yahooing, additude with you.

It's getting bad enough really fast up here. My only hope is that oil prices will go through the roof and all the pretty people who can't deal with a smelly wood stove and wearing 3 sweaters in the house 6 months out of the year will stay away...I can only pray.
Its those darn teenagers!...well, except for maybe the tree cutting thing. But it wouldnt surprise me if they are doing that too. First hangin at the mall, gravestone and cow tipping...now tree cutting! Its probably that modern rock n' roll music they listen to like the Rolling Who, Guns n Pansies and John Tesh.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:16 AM

215 posts, read 582,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedg View Post
Its those darn teenagers!...well, except for maybe the tree cutting thing. But it wouldnt surprise me if they are doing that too. First hangin at the mall, gravestone and cow tipping...now tree cutting! Its probably that modern rock n' roll music they listen to like the Rolling Who, Guns n Pansies and John Tesh.
That,s exactly right. lol

Old 08-17-2008, 09:17 AM

14 posts, read 43,904 times
To MFWIC
I have to respond to your post, I do understand your feeling about outsiders coming and trying to change things. But I and LaCAROLE are not like that. My husband and I have voted for Ronald Reagan I have worked for him here in Chicago and I have voted republician since I turn voting age. I come from a long line of republicians,and I think Ronald Reagan is the best pres. we could ever had. I have three kids my oldest is thirty and divorced with two little kids. She is a surgical tech, and I have two who are autistic. My husband and I have worked hard to send my oldest to private schools. I jugged work and taking care of my handicapped children which I many times wanted to run down the street screaming. I have my daughter and grandkids which are 5 and 4 living with us too. I have to take them out of the city just to go to the park because the parks here are not safe. I don't even walk down the main street where some of the stores here because of the robberies. I have to go out of the city for shopping for food or shopping and we are talking miles here. There is no place to go. We are not bad people we are good people who believe in values, family, faith. We drink city water and we have a old car too not that we can't afford a new one we can. We think the price of one is way out of line and after four years they fall apart surprise right after you pay it off. We are clean people so there that sums it up, anymore comments about us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire