Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: BEST PART OF STATE TO LIVE IN
NORTH OF CONCORD 186 58.13%
CONCORD AND SOUTH 134 41.88%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 06:26 AM

477 posts, read 899,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I often wondered why Liberal Massachusetts had all the high tech jobs and Conservative friendly NH did not?

Recent changes to NH's gun laws make us nearly as unrestrictive as Vermont. Aside from the Federal laws and Regulations any adult can carry a loaded firearm out in the open in this state. Concealed carry requires a permit from the town police chief.
Greg, are these two separate thoughts or are you trying to make a connection between the two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 06:28 AM

477 posts, read 899,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonYou'reMyHome View Post
Give me Massachusetts any day after living in the South for a year- I'd give a leg to be back home among the circumferential highways and people who can think for themselves......NH? Don't care....just a state to drive through on my way to the "Old" Vermont where I was raised.....would rather not live somewhere where people hide behind the Right to Bear Arms as a reason to stockpile assault weapons in rural towns....not what the Forefathers were envisioning, I imagine....but if it has to be, I'm not going to live there.....
That works for me. We're both happy with where you are living and it leaves more assault weapon buying opportunities for me.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:24 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I often wondered why Liberal Massachusetts had all the high tech jobs and Conservative friendly NH did not?

Recent changes to NH's gun laws make us nearly as unrestrictive as Vermont. Aside from the Federal laws and Regulations any adult can carry a loaded firearm out in the open in this state. Concealed carry requires a permit from the town police chief.
Mass was electrical tech long before it was liberal and got that draconian gun law BS. Mass used to be ok with gun law, which all changed in about 1976 oddly, maybe it was just as good a date 1974. After having fired the Shot heard Round the World, one would think Mass would be more gun friendly and less KING friendly huh?

But then Mass had the rotten SOB Gov Duke and his drunken sot wife Kitty, who wanted to write draconian gun law so he furloughed willey horten to a get out of jail card for free on a weekend to KILL. Willey was in prison for murder anyway. he killed using a knife, but that didn't stop Duke from writing more gun law.

The system is both broken and corrupt. That same broken is coming to NH because of sheer liberal stupidity. I also find it strange the Liberal is based on Liberty, but these so called liberals are a lot more like Nazi's that anything liberal at all.

That comment OLD Vermont is funny too. It's French for Green Mountains, and if the same old poly tics were not broken and corrupt Vt might still be French and part of Canada. At least VT has decent gun law.

The problem with good and bad places to live is based these days on the corrupt poly tics. The more corruption the more liberal the more liberal the worse it is to live there and people leave. The people that leave bring what ever the problems they left behind with them and so we have liberal NH USA

But don't worry these Libs have the same cure for every problem RAISE the BLOODY TAXES. Wasn't that Revolt about raising the taxes?

Old 06-10-2014, 05:06 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,630,500 times
Ouch. Painful but true. And I'm on the seacoast. Pains me to see the MA people screwing up traffic, pretending they own the place, driving up prices, then go back to MA and talk smack like we're a bunch of inbred hicks.

They want all the advantages but none of the responsibilities.

They do the same thing in Vermont too.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:44 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
I didn't like the poll choices. I'm pretty happy being between Concord and Portsmouth. It's above the southern NH line (Rte. 101) and close enough to urban amenities and easy access to the seacoast and Maine. I have no desire to live further north or in southern NH.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I consider the worst place in NH is Hampton Beach on a warm sunny Saturday in summer. One of the best places in NH is Hampton Beach on a cold blustery day in winter. Another good place is looking out over the pond from my condo's front door most any time of year. Even when the pond is frozen and a glacier wanna be covers the lawn.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:10 PM

433 posts, read 1,011,779 times
As a well traveled individual, I find this thread to be extremely comical. Just downright hilarious.

Old 04-03-2016, 04:37 AM

176 posts, read 298,823 times
Thank you, great learned scholar. Perhaps you will deign to tell us poor peasants of your travels to the lands where animals talk as humans do, and men have but one great face in the middle of their torso. Alas, we pathetic plebians do not have the knowledge of written word, and so will be unable to receive your pearls of wisdom.

Truly, we yearn to hear of your great travels to the land of Flo-Rid'a, which only the strongest of our octogenarians can endure, and your "dozens" of trips to the great mecca of Boston, where only the employed may tread after two hours of gruelling traffic every morning.

Old 04-03-2016, 04:09 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
My vote is for the nearly non-functional town of Stratford, south of Colebrook. I'm not exactly sure why people still stay in that area..

Old 04-09-2016, 02:14 PM

161 posts, read 167,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveBeenEverywhereMan View Post
I'm not from MA, but I've lived in the UK, France, Canada, California, Alabama and a few years in MA. Glad to see some Massachusans migrating. Comeon, you guys, how many of you work in MA and live in NH? I don't see anyone having less kids. So how can you complain about the population. People just love to reproduce. They think they deserve to multiply like rabbits.

When I moved here 10 years ago, you guys didn't even sell tortillas! It was sad. How much kraft cheese and wonderbread can a body stand? How many dirt bikes can you crash and burn? How many ducks can you shoot and eat? Okay, you can mow your lawn endlessly in your hummer of lawn mower.

A little culture is creeping in as well, but nobody's gonna acuse us of being the Vanguard. I'm feeling good! Hah Hah Bush is on the run! You go, New Hampshire. Get used to it, You Stand-Stillers. Nothing stands still. If it tries to stand still, it can't because it's moving backward.

It's simple physics.

Really, you are accusing NH people of "multiplying like rabbits"? LOL. Most people I know have small families. There are, perhaps, enough people having kids as to sustain the population, though I fail to see how that is bad. Where as in Europe the only population growth you see are from Muslim families, who really do multiply like rabbits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire