Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: BEST PART OF STATE TO LIVE IN
NORTH OF CONCORD 186 58.13%
CONCORD AND SOUTH 134 41.88%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 5,737 times

Advertisements

Derry is the worst place in S. New Hampshire. Their property taxes are out of control. They keep building apartment buildings so the schools are over crowded and the ones who pay for it are home owners. And it's really dumpy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2007, 08:39 PM

562 posts, read 660,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
we don't ask to stand still we ask to leave our laws our taxes and our freedoms alone. we don't mind if ppl move here but don't come here and change it into the state you left remember you left it for a reason. Ya we ride dirt bikes and snow machines and quads we hunt alot too goes with the right to bare arms. and we have fun doing it we don't like the mass ppl alot because they try and change things like upping our taxes and crime. if they want to come here fine but live like we live earn a living work hard play hard and have fun don't move here and say you want more welfare and goverment hand outs we don't do that.granted our motto is LIVE FREE OR DIE but that don't mean live free off the tax payers earn a living and let us be as I said they came here to get away from what they had don't be foolish and turn it into what they where trying to get away from.

I couldn't agree more with what you're saying. I plan to move to New Hampshire in the next 3 years, and I don't want it changed at all. I can sympathize with people running across your border, trying to get stuff for free, not contributing to the society in general etc. We have it worse here in Texas, as the people who run across our border are illegals, and don't go back across. They take what they can for free, and cry discrimination if anyone says anything about it. I aint about Hand Outs, and I wish our government would do something like get rid of welfare and other nonsense such as this. Also giving illegal border jumpers citizenship like what Bush was trying to do to me is an atrocity. Give em a 1 way ticket back to mexico on a train in handcuffs I say. After we charge the government of Mexico a penalty for them coming across illegally in the first place.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLove View Post
New Hampshire is beautiful Americana.

But lets be honest, do you guys think it's going to stay good with the flood of illegals and other "diversity" hitting cities such as Manchester? 30 years ago we had no crime, now we have stabbings, shootings, etc and the surnames are almost always Spanish.

Why do we put up with this?
You shouldn't put up with it. Get rid of them. If you see illegals, call the Immigration and Naturalization office and report it. If they do nothing, take it to the news and tell them you reported it and nothing was done. The people have to start getting involved if they want to clean up their areas of ILLEGAL immigrants.

I live in a city where 80% of the people who live here are hispanic. Who knows what percentage of those are illegals, or are harbored illegals - legal mexicans bringing illegal family members over etc. Part of my problem with living here is I am a white man and tired of living in a sea of brown. I'm moving back to the north east to get away from this, and live among white people again. The border jumpers are low class dirty people who do nothing but make the town you live in trashy, and it will remain that way unless you get busy and sweep up the mess. Take it from me, don't let this which has happened to Texas, happen to YOUR state.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:49 AM

59 posts, read 277,772 times
Quote:
You shouldn't put up with it. Get rid of them. If you see illegals, call the Immigration and Naturalization office and report it. If they do nothing, take it to the news and tell them you reported it and nothing was done.
Can't remember exactly how long ago but, within the past couple years this did happen in NH. A van full of illegals was stopped by a town cop for a driving violation. The officer called INS and was told to let them go because INS didn't have time to take care of it!! The story was all over the news, but again, I can't remember the final outcome. I don't think they were deported since the officer was told to let them go.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:52 AM

I think I would have called CNN.............!

I was in Houston going to school, when an illegal alien ran his car in front of me in an intersection causing me to crash into the side of the car he was driving. The car wasn't his, he had no lisence, and he tried to show the police a PHOTOCOPY of an ID card, which was from Mexico by the way. There was no insurance, so my car was totalled and I never saw enough money to replace the car out of the insurance settlement. The cop was going to let the guy go. No insurance is illegal here, and he was an illegal. I made a big argument out of it, insisting he was written up and arrested. I told the police I was a tax paying citizen, I was in full compliance with the law and this person was the cause of the accident and DEMANDED he was taken to jail. After calling Houston PD, apparently he was told they had better do their job because I could cause them a lot of trouble. Which I would have. I don't take kindly to this sort of thing, and a police officer not doing his job, well that is inexcusable.

If INS will not do their job, maybe the people should have a good old fashioned lynching and round em up and go to the news demanding they be deported.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:56 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Default Might as well get used to it

As it pertains to the illegals flooding into our country from Mexico (and not just from Mexico, either), it definitely changes the culture and way of life, and costs the taxpayer plenty. But, might as well get used to it, because it appears clearly that the feds don't really want to do anything about it -- it furthers the long term goal of making North America and South America into one country - like the European Union.The six lane or however many lane super highway from Mexico to Canada is already well under way. Not sure of the construction has actually started, but if it hasn't, it's about to.

But, while it's very interesting, that's all off topic. What is interesting, back on topic, is the comment about Derry. We've watched the town of Derry for some 20 years, and have seen it go from a pleasant, rural community to the state it's in now. I hear people are having trouble selling their homes. Taxes are sky high, and crime is on the rise (lots of it spilling off Rt. 93 from across the southern border). A few years ago I remember reading that the town was in such dire financial trouble that it was facing bankruptcy. I don't know what they did to avoid it, but I wouldn't recommend anyone live there.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:28 PM

Have the People of New Hampshire thought to make Mobile Homes, and Apartment dwellings illegal? In order to preserve the ambiance of a state, I feel measures like that should be put in place.

In New Mexico, the city of Santa Fe there is a limit on the height of buildings, and they cannot vary too far from the 'theme' of the area. In otherwords, they cannot vary too much on the architectural flavor of the city. I agree with that.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:33 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,036,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlynnsoucy View Post
Can't remember exactly how long ago but, within the past couple years this did happen in NH. A van full of illegals was stopped by a town cop for a driving violation. The officer called INS and was told to let them go because INS didn't have time to take care of it!! The story was all over the news, but again, I can't remember the final outcome. I don't think they were deported since the officer was told to let them go.
I don't know about a van full of illegals, but it was all over the news a while back because the police chief in New Ipswich (yeah!) stopped a guy who was making a cell phone call - and showed him a fake MA drivers license (admitted it was fake), he was in Rindge or Jaffrey working construction. So... the police chief took him in since he was illegal and holding forged gov't documents and called INS. INS said that if he hadn't committed a crime, they had no time to do anything and to let him go. this really bugged the cop, so he decided that if the illegal was in the country illegally, he was in the town illegally and charged him with criminal trespass! And then encouraged other towns to do the same. Hudson gave it a try, I believe.

Unfortunately, when it came up to trial the judge declared that it was a nice try, but not what 'criminal trespass' was about and the case was dismissed. <sigh> but yes, the New Ipswich police chief did tell the media, even down here in MD I heard about it - loved that it was New Ipswich.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:31 AM

78 posts, read 223,166 times
Default Worst places in NH

I've lived in NH for 40 yrs. You don't need to move north to get the advantages of that area. There are many drawbacks to living in the north. Look closely. There are small towns around Concord that are still frugally yankee. It's a wonderful state. Sadly it has changed. I lived in Merrimack when there were only a few farms on 101A. It's a disaster now. I think other areas have learned from that mistake. When I lived in Merrimack the residents fought to keep it serene but the town moderator told us we were a small town with a small town mentally!!! He was probably from Mass. Once you hit Concord and north of Concord life slows down and life is simpler. Some towns really are controlling growth. You just need to look.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:39 AM

Kateg, how about Keene and the surrounding little towns there? Do you know about that area? I'm trying to stay away from places that have grown so much they have lost that country atmosphere, and sure don't want to live in an area littered with mobile homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire