Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 03:38 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,530,995 times

Advertisements

I got a little depressed reading the paper..first there was the Pelham fire chief ..moaning aboout banning fireworks ( he realizes banning them all would be asking to much..poor baby )

Then the woman in Bedford that agrees with him.. must be from teh same limited gene pool

then the " Reverend " Who thinks companies should pay for abortion pills and to give them the right not to equals discrimination..

But as stated thankfully the large majority of New Hampshirites are not of this sad pathetic ilk...

most of us understand about rights and consequences and that sweeping bans do nothing but deny all because of the idiocy of a few..oh and that if folks want to kill their unborn they should pay for it themselves.. because thinking folks know that both the media and a certain political party lied like banshees about that particular case..just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 04:54 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,512,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
I got a little depressed reading the paper..first there was the Pelham fire chief ..moaning aboout banning fireworks ( he realizes banning them all would be asking to much..poor baby )

Then the woman in Bedford that agrees with him.. must be from teh same limited gene pool

then the " Reverend " Who thinks companies should pay for abortion pills and to give them the right not to equals discrimination..

But as stated thankfully the large majority of New Hampshirites are not of this sad pathetic ilk...

most of us understand about rights and consequences and that sweeping bans do nothing but deny all because of the idiocy of a few..oh and that if folks want to kill their unborn they should pay for it themselves.. because thinking folks know that both the media and a certain political party lied like banshees about that particular case..just saying.
posts like yours makes me like NH even more than I already do!

I can't stand these NANNY STATES that want to police everyone's everything.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:57 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,056,684 times
I understand the Pelham fire chief's concern. His department and other fire departments would have to respond to any fires started by fireworks set off in dry conditions. So yes, he would rather not have to worry if any idiots set off their fireworks in a stupid fashion.

But yes, go ahead and play with fireworks anytime you feel like it. Just don't cry if you accidentally burn down your house or yard if something goes awry. Shrug.

<--- Believes in personal freedom and Darwin removing the idiots from the gene pool.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:33 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,701,616 times
It's me again, to remind you all that local politics is ok here, general politics should be discussed in the politics forum. If you'd also like to fight over politics - the politics forum is the place to do it.
Yac.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:05 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,907,027 times
I think that the Pelham fire chief is responding to outcry (yes, much of it from former Mass residents who now live in and near town) because this is the 2nd fireworks-related injury in the town in two years. The episode in 2012 was much more serious, with 13 people (5 of them children) with varying injuries after a bottle rocket (or some sort of spinner) set off hundreds of reloadable mortar shells that were on the deck of a property. The homeowner now has a lawsuit pending from people who were injured, and while nobody could have foreseen the ACCIDENT that occurred (nothing was being lit from the deck where the fireworks were being stored) there were catastrophic results. This year's injury was limited to just the two who were loading and setting the charges.

FYI, we are planning a fireworks display this coming weekend, and guess what we WON'T be having--Reloadable Mortars. There are plenty of awesome kits and fireworks available to consumers, and no need for amateurs to be messing with setting up charges. My guess is that you get more bang for the buck with the reloads, but the risk just isn't worth it for this family!

Old 07-09-2014, 01:08 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,002,146 times
The morning after pill prevents the egg from implanting so the woman never gets pregnant. It doesn't cause an abortion since there is no embryo.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:28 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,530,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
The morning after pill prevents the egg from implanting so the woman never gets pregnant. It doesn't cause an abortion since there is no embryo.

Mmm you may have a point.. but the bigger point is Hobby Lobby only had an issue with four types of contraceptives..although that fact was not widely reported..now was it? Nope..what was ( falsely) reported was the "attack" on a womans rights.. in other words the sheeple were lied to by the lame stream media and bought the lie.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:33 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,715,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Mmm you may have a point.. but the bigger point is Hobby Lobby only had an issue with four types of contraceptives..although that fact was not widely reported..now was it? Nope..what was ( falsely) reported was the "attack" on a womans rights.. in other words the sheeple were lied to by the lame stream media and bought the lie.

I was aware of that and I don't have the same take on it as you. I'm not sheeple because I have a different viewpoint on this one than you.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:40 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,056,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
I was aware of that and I don't have the same take on it as you. I'm not sheeple because I have a different viewpoint on this one than you.
And I agree with this post.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:48 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,599,064 times
As far as I am concerned no Corporation has any Rights under the first Ten Amendments at all. Corporations are government sanctioned business arrangements created to limit investors liability. Neither the owners or the managers of these entities have any right to apply their personal beliefs on the Corporation. They may only do their jobs as the Incorporation Document describes. Cooperation only operate under the rules of Law and the dictates of Mammon.

Unfortunately our current SCOTUS does not see not only the separation of Church and State but the Separation of the Corporate from the personal. Complete separation of these three entities is essential to the proper functioning of each.

IMHO - Hobby Lobby forced to buy the complete health insurance package regardless of the personal desires of its partial owner and manager. If the majority owner wants complete control of the business dealings of the company he should convert it to a Sole Proprietorship with operations, profits and losses, to the full extent of all of his personal property, his own. If he wants to have complete control of the business he should have complete responsibility for the losses as well.

The "sheeple" in this debate are the deluded that believe corporations are people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire