Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 10:19 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,945,596 times

Advertisements

Hi Birdbaths! Glad you were able to make it back to the NH forum to fill us in on things I wish you all the best at Eastman, and I'm sure that you'll enjoy life there.

Thanks for letting me know about the bobcats To be completely honest, I'm not a big fan of hybrids (either dog or cat) mainly because of the various instincts that most people just aren't aware of, or know how to deal with when they decide to bring such an animal into their home. Your description of Stormy is exactly the sort of temperment issues that are common, both with canine and feline hybrid, especially with high-percentage, 1st generation mixes.

I guess as long as somebody is prepared to live with this animal (and any of it's offspring) and deal with the problems that may come up, including their inherent defensive nature, it's up to them. I'm not a fan of legislation banning ownership of hybrids, but I do think it's important to take proper precautions, and that includes being sure that rabies vaccinations are approved for these hybrids!

Stepping off my soapbox, sorry for drifting off topic Thanks again for stopping by, and be sure to keep us informed as your "move to NH date" gets closer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 06:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,022 times
I lived in Eastman for 13 years and finally sold my house at a huge loss (took 5 years) and am so happy to be gone from Eastman...why??? because of the communist association there....they jack up the fees every year due to their reckless spending on project after project......look at the home values for the last 7 years.....they keep going down, down, down .....
having said that, if you are ok with others deciding what your expenses are going to be in any given year and ok with maybe being stuck there because your house won't sell, Eastman is a nice place to live...very safe and people there are very friendly........hard to find these days.....just buyer beware
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire