Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 07:45 AM

240 posts, read 470,584 times

Advertisements

An odd thing that happened to me was in the 70's on rte 16 in Ossippee. There were four of us in the car on our way to the Pizza Barn. I was riding in the backseat behind the driver. One of my friends(who was in the front on the passengers side) was not feeling well and was ready to heave. We were all focused on her and I was trying to get something out of my pocketbook and turned looking out the back window. I swear this is the truth, I saw (don't laugh) an object hovering over rt 16. It was in the air not moving and (don't laugh) colored lights around the outer edge. The lights actually moved around the outer edges chasing each other. I starting telling them to look at it. Only one friend, which was in the backseat could see it and could not believe what we were seeing out the back window of the car. The driver was too busy
trying to keep the friend from throwing up. I watched that object all the way down route 16. I have only told a few people this story, because I know it sounds unbelievable, but I witnessed this. I am not saying that this was a ufo, my friend and I both saw this and it was real. Route 16 was pitch black and this was directly over it and did not move left, right, back or forward. We eventaully last view of it as we kept gng north on the rte 16. I will never forget that and wish I had some rational explanation as to what it was. No ghost story just and unusal object in the sky.

This object was not over us directly, but when I noticed it was aprox. 1/2 mile behind us above rte 16 when I noticed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 07:52 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
around that time and again approximately 10 years later an object such as you described was seen from I-93 as well as route 16 by numerous people. the calls came into the radio stations and the local TV station. I saw a similar object myself at that time. I was accused of being crazy HAHA....

however, Pease was a working AFB at that time and I believe they had a hovercraft or other type of secret military air vehicle. At about that same time, there were news shows that depicted the state police using infra-red to see INTO private residences. They were looking for hot spots or drug growers whose hot house lights would be picked up from overhead planes.

The object seen over 93 at the same time I saw it over my house was noted to appear to be still and was barely over the tree top, but then moved at an extreme rate of speed.

you are not alone bing. there are a lot of witnesses.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:50 AM

Thanks Buck,

I am glad to hear your story. Thanks for the info. I have told this story to only a few people because most would think your crackers, lol. It was real and an unusual object.
Glad to hear someone elses experience. Thanks again!

Old 12-22-2007, 10:32 AM

885 posts, read 2,660,249 times
Default Back to earth

Large military helicopter flying with navigation and or landing/low viz lights on. The running lights tend to be reflected by the underside of the spinning, shiny rotor blades, thus creating the illusion of a hovering/slowly moving rotating ring of colored lights. Water vapor whipped up by the blades essentially creates a mist layer around the plane of the rotor which will in turn reflect yet more light at night. Does the rotation of the lights appear to change direction? Ever watch a spinning wheel? As the wheel speed changes, the spokes can APPEAR to change direction. This is due to the way your eye operates at 50hz or so. Low flying aircraft also commonly follow highways, esp. at night as an aid to navigation.

Or it could be a UFO or secret military experiment.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcewan View Post
Large military helicopter flying with navigation and or landing/low viz lights on. The running lights tend to be reflected by the underside of the spinning, shiny rotor blades, thus creating the illusion of a hovering/slowly moving rotating ring of colored lights. Water vapor whipped up by the blades essentially creates a mist layer around the plane of the rotor which will in turn reflect yet more light at night. Does the rotation of the lights appear to change direction? Ever watch a spinning wheel? As the wheel speed changes, the spokes can APPEAR to change direction. This is due to the way your eye operates at 50hz or so. Low flying aircraft also commonly follow highways, esp. at night as an aid to navigation.

Or it could be a UFO or secret military experiment.
This object appeared to bigger than a helicopter. It was at least 1/2 mile behind us.
I wish I could give an approx. on how high above the ground it was. It was well above the trees and directly over the highway. What was so amazing was that it just stayed in that position for as long as I could see it. It never moved but the lights rotated around it. It sounds bizarre and I would not be surprised if it were some type of military craft. It was real, we both saw it.

All I kept thinking was can't wait to tell my parents and if this thing follows us, I will have a flipping heart attack. It never moved.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:28 AM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,174,685 times
Here is a similar report from the town of Newington in 1977. The witness says the object followed Spaulding Turnpike (Rte. 16) north, which of course is towards Ossipee.

http://www.nuforc.org/webreports/034/S34422.html

Also note that Pease AFB is in Newington.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:03 PM

Thanks Buck, Rmcewan and JMX,

Great info from all of you. Makes you wonder if Pease had something to do with these sightings. Much appreciated to know others have seen it. Thanks again.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:35 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
I was heading in from the barn when I saw it. Unfortunately, I was all alone and it was gone before I could get anyone else out to see it. One thing that seemed really odd to me was it made absolutely no sound. I must admit I had no doubt that it was a military vehicle of some sort.

Nowadays I see refueling tankers quite often and they seem to be suspended in air but I know they are moving. It's an illusion.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,258 times
last year a friend i were driving down rt 16 when we saw three big orange lights in the sky one who move fast then dissapear then the same thing would happen wit the other one .till they all dissapeared.then we kept driving freaking out we call my friends friend a nh state police to hear if anyone else had reported it and he just laughed at us. so then we saw the three lights again. but they stayed in the sky for just a lil while. it was the crazist thing we had both seen.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:56 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,381,728 times
As a member of the Air Force, I can neither confirm or deny the existence of secret military experiments. If I were to tell you about them, then they wouldn't be a secret, would they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire