Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 05:34 PM

384 posts, read 989,945 times

Advertisements

West coaster here looking to purchase a new Toyota vehicle while on an extended east coast stay; and looking for experiences with/recommendations for dealers. Will travel frequently between Boston and VT. and likely will spend time in New Hampshire making it a reasonable option for a vehicle purchase. I am very familiar with "out of my resident state" purchases so this is a non-issue from my home state perspective - people here frequently purchase vehicles elsewhere while on (and for) extended trips.

Cars.com appears not to have NH as an option for searching inventory. Does anyone know why?

Does anyone have some recommendations for reputable, reasonable Toyota dealers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 08:13 AM

3,686 posts, read 7,422,687 times
I replied on your other thread.

I highly recommend Acton Toyota in Littleton, MA. They are close to the intersection of Route 495 and Route 3, near the New Hampshire border, and sell a lot of cars to New Hampshire residents.

Otherwise, Toyota of Nashua and Ira Toyota of Manchester are the largest volume dealers within the state of New Hampshire.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:23 AM

7 posts, read 14,526 times
I was also going to recommend Acton Toyota. Purchased a new car from them years ago and they were fantastic. Steer clear of Jaffarian in Haverhill, MA. Awful experience - inflated repair charges and sleazy salesmen that kept trying to hit on me. There's IRA Toyota in Manchester, but last year I experienced a road rage incident with someone driving IRA dealer plates in a new car where they tried to give me a break job and run me off of the road (I reported the plates and incident to IRA, how stupid can you be with a dealer plate that says "IRA"?), so I can't say they left a good impression on me.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:13 AM

384 posts, read 989,945 times
Thanks for the suggestions - I will check them out. Interesting that NH residents would buy a vehicle in MA given the tax situation.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:47 AM

11 posts, read 14,717 times
You wouldn't pay taxes till you register the vehicle.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:20 AM

4 posts, read 6,993 times
Default Try Durand Toyota Westminster Vermont

Dear Miruca,

I recommend most highly Durand Toyota in Westminster Vermont. We knew we wanted a Toyota we just weren't sure which one.

We went there and the sales rep was extremely knowledgable and most helpful. I test drove four different vehicles and he explained in great detail the advantages and disadvantages of each one. His expertise enabled us to get the best vehicle for our needs.

Beyond the purchase itself, the Service Department is top notch. We have had several 5000 mile service visits, all done within about an hour.

I am very impressed with this dealership and the people there. They are currently renovating and expanding their facility. This is a good outfit with knowledgable and helpful people. I most strongly recommend that, at a minimum, you go there and evaluate them for yourselves.

Best of luck!

Old 10-17-2014, 06:04 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miruca View Post
West coaster here looking to purchase a new Toyota vehicle while on an extended east coast stay; and looking for experiences with/recommendations for dealers. Will travel frequently between Boston and VT. and likely will spend time in New Hampshire making it a reasonable option for a vehicle purchase. I am very familiar with "out of my resident state" purchases so this is a non-issue from my home state perspective - people here frequently purchase vehicles elsewhere while on (and for) extended trips.

Cars.com appears not to have NH as an option for searching inventory. Does anyone know why?

Does anyone have some recommendations for reputable, reasonable Toyota dealers?
What do you mean by west coaster, because if that means California you will s c r e w yourself silly, when you go to register anything you can get NEW around here. Cal has screwball laws. I see Ak in the title though so if it is anything other than Cal you will be fine. Laconia has a dealer, Farmington does and there is another in Epping, all in NH.

damned nanny

Old 10-18-2014, 10:23 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times
I've had good experience with Irwin in Laconia and Fenton in Keene. I also took a trip to see Ernie Boch in Norwood Mass. Irwin and Boch made me good offers on a used Toyota and I finally bought from Irwin. I can't say I was impressed with Durand when I checked out a brand new but old car. They had pie-in-the sky ideas about what they could get for it. It was a 2012 and this was fall 2013. The guy wasn't even willing to deal.

Mass dealers tend to have larger inventory and as has been previously said, you don't pay taxes until you rgister the car. The only problem with buying a car in Mass and driving it to NH is Mass doesn't recognize NH temporary plates. So unless the dealer can register your car in NH for you, you have to make arrangements to get your car home legally.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:57 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
No toyota dealer in Farmington...but there is one in Rochester. They appear to be all over the state. Rochester Toyota as mentioned, Hurlbert Toyota in Epping, Grappone Toyota in Concord, Berlin City Toyota in Gorham, Rockingham Toyota in Salem...etc, etc.

Tons of dealers in NH...at least 27. Interesting to read other's experiences with purchasing in MA. I had no problem. Dealer plates were left on the car and I mailed them back.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:44 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times
It depends on the dealer. Boch offered to drive the vehicle up to my home. Last time I bought a car in western Mass from a dealer (not Toyota) I had to bring my own plates. OP is from Alaksa so her situation might be more complicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire