Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2006, 02:33 PM

9 posts, read 52,437 times

Advertisements

I'm considering attending Keene State College, but I've never visited the city. Can anyone tell me what the city is really like, what the college looks like, and what the weathers like? There's only so much you can read on the internet. Thanks for the help~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2006, 04:18 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,647 times
its like a colledge town. summer its around 75 to 90 degrees winter it gets cold it sits in the snow belt so it gets snow when noone else does. its kinda liberal but not fully yet. the colledge is good and the ppl there that I have come acrossed are mainly stoners but i'm sure there all not. the pumpkin fest is a good time. I went shopping there 1 time it scared me. alot of the ppl had a welfare smell to them you know like they forgot to due there laundry. but again that was 1 time and it might have been a bad day at the store. if the whole town was like that than state wide ppl would know to avoid Keene. and that isn't said. there are towns it is said about being a small state word travels fast about scummy towns to avoid. take a trip check it out. I was always told you want to know what a towns like shop at the local store. the locals are always there.

Old 11-12-2006, 09:50 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help! I definitely will visit. Sounds nice, I like the snow~

Old 11-12-2006, 09:52 PM

I hope they're not all stoners though~ hehe

Old 11-15-2006, 01:20 PM

5 posts, read 34,022 times
Default keene

if you want a convienent peek at what the town looks like rent the movie "JUMANJI" with Robin williams. It was taped in Keene , NH.

Old 01-01-2007, 02:53 PM

12 posts, read 41,880 times
Default What's Keene Like

I went to college at Franklin Pierce College (not far from Keene State) and when I went there, everyone went to Keene State to party. I don't know if it is still like that as I was there more than 10 years ago, but it was definately known as a party school. The area is nice though. HTH

Old 01-06-2007, 10:45 PM

259 posts, read 988,089 times
For my money, west of Manchester, anywhere out rt. 101 is the most beautiful part of the state! the rural charachter of what was NH has been preserved there.Save route 107 from Raymond to Laconia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire