Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 06:49 PM

4,567 posts, read 10,650,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
And they always start with stuff like this, that some people can get behind, as a way of setting the precedent they will use to take away additional freedoms in the future.
And....... when google perfects the automated car, lawmakers will create a law against human driving. Too dangerous. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 07:15 PM

818 posts, read 1,016,745 times
This is more of a larger problem of most people basically sucking at driving in general. This won't solve that. Just lots of pretentious posers with no real defensive driving skills out there in their little fantasy world.

Old 06-19-2015, 07:28 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,381,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I think there is some misinformation about this law. Texting while driving is already illegal. This new law just makes it illegal to talk on your phone unless you buy a new hands free device.
No, there seem to be people who believe they have a right to do anything they want in their car regardless of outcomes, and that we need to not have any laws like this in NH so we can "stay free" from gov intrusion. Cell phone conversations, texting, DUI - need to get rid of them laws all because some people will not follow them, so they must be useless.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:26 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,542,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
No, there seem to be people who believe they have a right to do anything they want in their car regardless of outcomes, and that we need to not have any laws like this in NH so we can "stay free" from gov intrusion. Cell phone conversations, texting, DUI - need to get rid of them laws all because some people will not follow them, so they must be useless.

No one is arguing for no law, just sensible ones..this ain't one of the, it is a pat ourselves on he back feel good law which at best will generate enough revenue to fund keeping forces enforcing it..nothing more, it like restrictive gun laws will only make good folks outlaws while doing next to nothing to stop the problem it was intended on solving..look at it this way, we banned booze a few decades ago because of a temperance movement which frankly was brought about by rampant drunkenness.. making even one a day partakers outlaws..did it do anything to stop the real bad guys..no..DUI laws addresses the clear and present danger of a drunken driver to not only others but themselves.. They have a standard by which this is determined.

There are no responsible drunk drivers by the very definition of the term Under the Influence. Oh and by the way I have been around many drunks and have hidden many a key.

There are good laws and there are bad laws..this is a bad law.

Ok logic over..feel free to get back to your rant about me being against laws.. as ludicrous as it is

Old 06-19-2015, 10:47 PM

196 posts, read 275,958 times
I wish there was a law that made people into more considerate and not so self-absorbed jerks.

I so want to believe that this law will make our roads safer. I don't know if I do, though.

Do you know what is more dangerous that talking on the phone? Having 3 screaming kids in the back of the car who will evidently DIE RIGHT THAT MINUTE if you don't immediately get them some water or a napkin or a dropped toy or 500 other things. Or having a crying infant who wouldn't shut up and you you try to give him a pacifier?

I say children in cars are much more dangerous than phones, let's outlaw them.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:08 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedme View Post
Do you know what is more dangerous that talking on the phone? Having 3 screaming kids in the back of the car who will evidently DIE RIGHT THAT MINUTE if you don't immediately get them some water or a napkin or a dropped toy or 500 other things. Or having a crying infant who wouldn't shut up and you you try to give him a pacifier?

I say children in cars are much more dangerous than phones, let's outlaw them.
The problem with your scenario is bad parenting. My two sisters and I never were those impatient brats you described in the screaming in back seat of a car. And when we were little, our family car was a VW bug. Many people shouldn't be parents at all. So I say... let's outlaw bad parents!

And to those complaining about their rights being chiseled away little by little, I'd much rather work on getting our high property taxes and town selectpeople under control. The main issue cramping my lifestyle in NH is my high property tax bill.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:29 AM

4,567 posts, read 10,650,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And to those complaining about their rights being chiseled away little by little, I'd much rather work on getting our high property taxes and town selectpeople under control. The main issue cramping my lifestyle in NH is my high property tax bill.
I guess you dont even realize how much time, money and energy by state government has already been spent on this cell phone law. Think of all the money that could have been saved. All that money came from your pocket, your tax dollars.

All to create a new law, for which NH already had a law.

Old 06-20-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
I guess you dont even realize how much time, money and energy by state government has already been spent on this cell phone law. Think of all the money that could have been saved. All that money came from your pocket, your tax dollars.

All to create a new law, for which NH already had a law.
how true.. more laws..create more jobs..more jobs paid for by taxpayers.. you'd think a logical thinking person could deduce that, but what do I know I am just an idiot helmetless biker..or so I was told

Old 06-20-2015, 02:53 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,723,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
how true.. more laws..create more jobs..more jobs paid for by taxpayers.. you'd think a logical thinking person could deduce that, but what do I know I am just an idiot helmetless biker..or so I was told

There is something to be said for knowing enough to protect ones brain....,but, sometimes sheeple don't. I have never seen a sheep where any sort of helmet...have you?

Old 06-20-2015, 03:40 PM

stormynh wrote

there is something to be said for knowing enough to protect ones brain....,but, sometimes sheeple don't. I have never seen a sheep where any sort of helmet...have you?

sheeple think they are protecting their brain by putting some form of government sanctioned piece of gear on their head ..two problems with that, the first being sheeple have no brains to begin with, secondly they mistake a lid as protection, when real protection is collision avoidance not hoping something will get them through a collision,however it is impossible to explain this to sheeple for the first reason.. If you need help understanding that I am sure Miu will guide you, that is when she isn't insulting your mental state.. which I am sure she will ..again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: