Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 12:20 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times

Advertisements

Alcohol lowers the freezing point of blood. This may have something to do with our "fuel" consumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 12:30 PM

793 posts, read 3,121,504 times
Not that I'd give too much credence to a Maxim study (these studys are almost self-admittedingly tongue-in-cheek), but certainly the Mass.-border aspect would be a factor, as are the very slow and inactive winters in this state, unless you are an avid skier. I should point out as well, Providence doesn't surprise me on this list, but an entirely different set of aspects are at play here: very active, young crowds and a mecca for the night club and adult club scene combined with very lax drunk driving police enforcement: despite the mob-rule union presence in the state, RI traditionally has rivaled NH for lax regulations has almost a libertine philosophy when it comes to the way things run at the state house.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:50 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
I believe it my husband makes an arrest minimum of one drunk driver a night sometimes 2 an once he got 3.. He had a guy so drunk the other night he pissed all over my husbands cruiser , that was after he found him in the parking lot of a school, no clothes, windows down , snowing and passed out with the car running and head on the steering wheel. My husband had to keep jabbing him his flashlight to wake up. Don't wanna know what he was driving like before he passed out in the lot. LOTS of drunks out at night.. Its kinda scary.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:16 PM

259 posts, read 1,323,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
I believe it my husband makes an arrest minimum of one drunk driver a night sometimes 2 an once he got 3.. He had a guy so drunk the other night he pissed all over my husbands cruiser , that was after he found him in the parking lot of a school, no clothes, windows down , snowing and passed out with the car running and head on the steering wheel. My husband had to keep jabbing him his flashlight to wake up. Don't wanna know what he was driving like before he passed out in the lot. LOTS of drunks out at night.. Its kinda scary.
Well, if I had to live in Keene............(hah, hah, just making a joke.......let's not roll out the 2 page rebuttal posts again........)

Old 01-26-2008, 10:28 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,605,207 times
what are the dui laws there 1st 2nd 3rd

Old 01-26-2008, 11:51 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
DWI first offense involves a fine up to $1,000 and a license suspension anywhere from 90 days to two years. The length of suspension depends, again, on your driving record and the specifics of your arrest. You may also be required to take an Impaired Driver Program.

If you are charged with DWI a second time, then it is a misdemeanor and not a violation like the first offense. The state requires you to take an Alcohol Education Class at an approved treatment center. Second offense DWI is very costly:

• Fines up to $1,000
  • Cost of approved treatment program
  • Reinstatement fees
  • Attorney costs
The penalties for DWI are different depending on what age group you fall into. The DMV Demerit Point System will be considered when you are convicted; you might already have points on your license which means you now have many more points and the suspension period could be longer.

I believe 3rd offense if automatic one year jail time. I may be wrong.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:56 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
New Hampshire Third Offense DUI
  • Maximum 1 year jail time
  • $500 - $2000 in fines plus 20%
  • Suspension of drivers license for 7 years
  • 30 day in-patient program for treatment
it is possible to get jail time on the first offense, depending on circumstances. If you killed somebody for example.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:49 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
op another arrest today.. 11am on a saturday, 3 times the legal limit! Ran a red almost plowed someone..

Old 01-26-2008, 05:33 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
I would think people in then North drink because there is nothing much to do (like in Northern Europe), it's dark early and winter is depressingly long. It can get pretty bleak around here (I live across the border from NH) and if you like to drink, you may drink more.

I don't drink and probably living here will not 'drive me to it.'

I am pretty amazed at how you can buy a wide range of alcohol in the supermarket (or local gas station). But whatever..I feel it's worse to lock it all up. (when you 'forbid it' many people do it 'out of spite.)

Old 01-27-2008, 11:21 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,605,207 times
thanks for the info ,when i lived in new mexico there was a guy that had 29 dui's and he was still roaming the streets and i recently heard about several people that have 10 or more dui's and their still out, the laws in nm or lack of continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire