Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 08:18 AM

571 posts, read 1,318,438 times

Advertisements

Hmmm.
Is it just in my area, or does it seem that there are a lot fewer lawn signs for Presidential candidates around this year?
Even at odd places like traffic corners or business sites, I just don't see the plethora of candidate signs that we are used to. I know of two Republican candidates that have a NH staff of less than ten (one I think has only five) and at events the teams aren't handing out signs to take home.
We all remember past Primaries where signs sprouted like weeds and turned up in melting snowpiles in April! I only see one sign, a "Bernie" lawn sign, in my area.
This Primary season has been unusual!
How are your neighborhoods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 08:37 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
I've seen one Trump sign, and while I don't disagree with them, I thought that household rather brave. I've also seen one Hillary sign. I haven't noticed any Bernie signs, but I know three older women who plan to vote for him. And one of them has been making phone calls for him. Maybe we're back to keeping who we vote for a secret left behind in the voting booth.

I think that in the last two presidential cycles, politics have made our society rather fractured and contentious. My liberal friends consider all conservatives racist and rich people who don't want to support the poor. I wouldn't even consider putting a political bumper sticker on my car these days for fear of being keyed by someone supportive of the opposite party.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:16 AM

571 posts, read 1,318,438 times
I remember seeing a Hillary sign on a lawn nearby. A friend of mine on the West side of Manchester said he had a Trump sign disappear from his lawn.
We had quite a few signs of a candidate in our past Nashua mayoral race vandalized. Disturbing.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:38 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I've seen one Trump sign, and while I don't disagree with them, I thought that household rather brave. I've also seen one Hillary sign. I haven't noticed any Bernie signs, but I know three older women who plan to vote for him. And one of them has been making phone calls for him. Maybe we're back to keeping who we vote for a secret left behind in the voting booth.

I think that in the last two presidential cycles, politics have made our society rather fractured and contentious. My liberal friends consider all conservatives racist and rich people who don't want to support the poor. I wouldn't even consider putting a political bumper sticker on my car these days for fear of being keyed by someone supportive of the opposite party.
Someone has an illuminated Trump sign alongside Everett Tpke, Northbound in the Merrimack area. Just in case you pass it at night, they want to ensure you see it.

I would never put a political sign on my lawn or car. It's no one's business. And honestly, I can't remember the last time I was fond of any politician.

Last edited by Northeastah; 01-09-2016 at 09:08 AM..

Old 01-09-2016, 08:09 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Someone has an illuminated Trump sign alongside Everett Tpke, Northbound in the Merrimack area. Just in case you pass it at night, they want to ensure you see it.

I would never put a political sign on my lawn or car. It's no one's business. And honestly, I can't remember the last time I was fond of any politician.

I never have either but I am thinking of making a change to that this year

Old 01-09-2016, 08:49 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post

As long as she goes there after the election after Trump or an "R" beats her.

Also have your gun ready for potential trespassers.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:51 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Maybe there's a lack of signs because nobody really likes any of the candidates on either side?

Old 01-10-2016, 10:10 AM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Where can I get one of those?

Old 01-10-2016, 10:18 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
Most campaign are now asking for a Contribution for the sign's. Suggested $10 per sign.

They Cost the campaign about $5 each..

Old 01-10-2016, 06:18 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,383,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Most campaign are now asking for a Contribution for the sign's. Suggested $10 per sign.

They Cost the campaign about $5 each..
So you gotta pay them for the honor of putting their sign in your yard? That's a great way of reducing signage, that's for sure....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire