Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 06:57 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,303,673 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 07:01 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,854 times
Default Jfr

Hey JFR - Try doing this to get your kitties to go to sleep

Old 08-24-2008, 07:30 AM

Talking thanks for sharing that video

dare that is so funny...lol.... i just need my kitties to sleep at night and not all day long...

Old 08-24-2008, 07:36 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,944,147 times
OMG Dare, that's the sweetest thing I've ever seen!! Is this somebody that you know (noticed that the video belonged to windchimes (a screen name I haven't seen in quite some time) SO CUTE--THANKS for sharing!!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
dare that is so funny...lol.... i just need my kitties to sleep at night and not all day long...
well, sing to them at NIGHT and see if it works! <g>

Old 08-24-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
OMG Dare, that's the sweetest thing I've ever seen!! Is this somebody that you know (noticed that the video belonged to windchimes (a screen name I haven't seen in quite some time) SO CUTE--THANKS for sharing!!
Hi Val - I don't know the person - the video was sent to me via email from a friend, so I uploaded it to my photobucket thingie to put it in here When I saw it, I immediately thought of JFR singing to his kitties at night!

Old 08-24-2008, 09:41 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,033,177 times

whew! I made it. yep, the instructor was great and I was out the door with my new CPR card at 11:30. Had time to stop at McD's on the way and grab takeout lunch. and made it to the library to get the room opened and unload my stuff by noon.

Since I'm the chapter president, and it was my idea to have these monthly sewing days at the library, I really sorta had to be there (and the room reservation was in my name). Only 4 of us showed up, but we got a lot done. Well, I got a lot done! Got one costume really overworked and fixed/taken in-http://www.flickr.com/photos/7745222@N02/2793064594/ (broken link) it looks much better now (and with all it's beads, it's quite grand), decided that there's nothing that will help my hobbit bodice, so it will just have to be floppy in the front - no way to take it in. Got one jacket lapel all quilted and the other lapel partly quilted - before I ran out of thread. And got the back of the jacket fixed (I had put a seam together badly. ick). so.. it was productive for me at least. I need more time to sew or cut out stuff though!

And we had a productive meeting afterwards. Our group Haunts a library every Halloween, and we have to plan what we're going to do this year to scare the p@@ out of the kids. We're going to do a 'maze' of sorts. We will have some walls that move, to try to confuse them, and their guide will keep disappearing and change to a different guide (maybe the previous ones will show up 'dead' later on). And people standing like statues that will suddenly move - and a few 'jump scares' as well. So I think our plans are worked out, now we have only 3 sessions to actually plot it out and make the set design and practice moving the 'walls' (painted cardboard).

so, it was a very good day, and now I get to be a slug.
I'm sure DH will make me go out walking at some point. <sigh> Unfortunately I still have so much to do and not enough time.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:33 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,364 times
Excellent video, Dare!!!! That's amazing!
Wanna, you have tons of energy, eh? Cute pic!

Old 08-24-2008, 02:38 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,033,177 times
Thanks, Lisa. Sometimes I have energy. Mostly I just have too much to do. I managed to at least cut out the pieces for a 'bathing suit' prototype today, I'll see about sewing it together this week (I've got someone coming in to try it on, on Friday!)

Hmm, I wonder why my other pic never loads! I put in a pic of the costume I spent so much time reworking.. one sleeve was just not set right and it took a good couple of hours to finally turn it so that it was set right.. and of course taking it in along the sides and back. This is it a few years ago.

Last edited by GotBackHome; 08-24-2008 at 02:48 PM..

Old 08-24-2008, 04:05 PM

Talking wanna's going jousting....lol..

wanna, you look like you should be at one of those mideavil times resteraunts where they all dress up like that...nice costume by the way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire