U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-03-2008, 04:21 PM

3,220 posts, read 4,059,127 times

Advertisements

and I didn't even get anyones phone number! (sniff-sniff)

There's always this "one" thread........sigh, oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 04:48 PM

311 posts, read 640,829 times
I'm going to take a wait and see attitude, but I already feel overwhelmed trying to get through this one thread. Maybe I'm weird (well, I know I'm weird), but I really liked all the different threads which allowed me to pop in and peak at what's been written on a particular topic, maybe make a post, then pop off. Like countryluv and many others, I have a job and family commitments, so my time is limited.

Maybe I'm just being negative and this will work out fine and be more appropriate in the long run. Change is hard. Plus, I feel like we've just been reprimanded by the teacher and that's just plain not cool.

Are there any techies among us who can create a forum for us all to move to?

Old 09-03-2008, 04:50 PM

3,859 posts, read 6,994,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhampshiregirl View Post
I'm going to take a wait and see attitude, but I already feel overwhelmed trying to get through this one thread. Maybe I'm weird (well, I know I'm weird), but I really liked all the different threads which allowed me to pop in and peak at what's been written on a particular topic, maybe make a post, then pop off. Like countryluv and many others, I have a job and family commitments, so my time is limited.

Maybe I'm just being negative and this will work out fine and be more appropriate in the long run. Change is hard. Plus, I feel like we've just been reprimanded by the teacher and that's just plain not cool.

Are there any techies among us who can create a forum for us all to move to?
I agree with you 100%. Perhaps this is another place online we can all meet. If anyone has any suggestions-let 's hear them.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:54 PM

2,489 posts, read 5,497,250 times
click on my screen name and see the message I posted to myself The "public profile" area

Old 09-03-2008, 04:58 PM

63 posts, read 86,239 times
I'm pretty much a newbie myself, but I've loved the way this forum worked. I always got my ignorant questions about life in NH answered with very intelligent and logical responses, and at the same time I got to feel like I really was talking with future friends--maybe even in person sometime. It does, as newhampshiregirl said, feel like being reprimanded by the teacher--and as a teacher myself, it makes me sad. I really don't want to plow through pages of "off topic" ideas, but I've liked the freedom of joining in when I had time or information to share. You're a great bunch of people. Please don't go away.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:01 PM

3,018 posts, read 6,053,881 times
For ideas on where to "meet" within City-Data, there is always the social groups, or the "community chat" section of the forums-It's a general chat room. You all ought to send a direct message to Yac with your suggestion and/or post a request in the "About the Forum" forum regareding having a seperate NH chat forum where you could have more "personal" discussions. Not sure if City-Data Administrator will agree to it, but it certainly can't hurt to ask!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:42 PM

3,220 posts, read 4,059,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vter View Post
For ideas on where to "meet" within City-Data, there is always the social groups, or the "community chat" section of the forums-It's a general chat room. You all ought to send a direct message to Yac with your suggestion and/or post a request in the "About the Forum" forum regareding having a seperate NH chat forum where you could have more "personal" discussions. Not sure if City-Data Administrator will agree to it, but it certainly can't hurt to ask!
Kindly saying:

The problem is the key word "general" - I could only speak for myself as to say that I don't think the NH forum regulars want "general/community chat/social groups", they want NH state people chat as it has been till the "sledgehammer" came crashing down today. NH forum regulars have that sense of togetherness that's hard to really put accurately into words that just won't happen in a different venue. Even though I'm from NJ, the NH forum posters are a special "gang". That's my thoughts and 1/4 of a gold bars' worth.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:58 PM

Oh, I understand njguy-was just offering suggestions for the meantime...if enough of you contact the powers at be, then a separate NH chat forum could be a possibility (totally up to the owners of this site though). Hopefully Yac will come back and chime in.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:59 PM

120 posts, read 1,054,402 times
Just when i settled in. maybe everything will be ok in a day or so. Hey I have a question. If we still post like we normaly do what would they really do?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:14 PM

Guys, look, I know you are upset. I can't speak for Yac, but the terms of service are there for a reason and per agreement with participation on this website they are to be respected and followed. This is a privately owned website and we as users agreed to play by their rules when we signed up. In the meantime, please respect Yac's (who is a senior moderator) request. Also as an fyi, per the terms of service, discussing moderator actions are not allowed-there are a lot of "rules" to know huh??!! . Like I've said a couple times above, why not respectfully send Yac a DM asking about the possibility of a "chat" sub-forum in New Hampshire? Or, ask about it in the "About the Forum" forum?
Hopefully Yac or Suz (where are you girl? ) can chime in with more details. I know nothing about what is going on here, just trying to help you guys understand a bit how this site works
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire