U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2017, 11:03 PM

493 posts, read 321,341 times

Advertisements

How long ago was this? You think the rise of Facebook was partly responsible for killing it off? I know other sites like Meetup have gone by the wayside since everyone is glued to FB 24/7 for all their needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 04:42 PM

41,505 posts, read 50,020,799 times
Does Valerie C = Val C?

In so, I miss your comments on NH topics. they were friendly and informative. You are missed.

GregW

Old 07-15-2017, 10:44 AM

4,542 posts, read 11,837,319 times
I'm not sure, Levi. Could have been partially FB, or just the rise of social media in general. It's sort of taken over so many people's lives these days--nothing is real unless it's posted on FB these days. It's not just the millennials, even old people like me seem to be bitten by the bug... Have you ever gone back to the early pages of this thread and seen the general goofiness? Good times Just realized I've been here for 10 years now, holymoly!

The difference between a place like this and FB is that people can get real info from real people. So much of social media is contrived, people putting forth a persona that they want to project to the world (look at my successful life, see my fancy cars, my beautiful family, blah blah blah...) Here, it's an exchange of words & info. And that's what keeps people coming back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviDunn View Post
How long ago was this? You think the rise of Facebook was partly responsible for killing it off? I know other sites like Meetup have gone by the wayside since everyone is glued to FB 24/7 for all their needs.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:49 AM

4,542 posts, read 11,837,319 times
Awww thanks Greg... I'm still here, just not very often these days...

Are you still in town? Let's get out for a coffee and a muffin, maybe one day this week Janies or Talia's, your choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Does Valerie C = Val C?

In so, I miss your comments on NH topics. they were friendly and informative. You are missed.

GregW

Old 07-18-2017, 06:31 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,235,585 times
Once a few people were given infractions by TPTB or thought they had - this group went on to a better medium for talking - but it wasn't so "chatty". We weren't children that needed our hands slapped, we were very helpful and informative when people asked for information on the state or it's towns/cities, but we also had a lovely bunch of folks that communicated.

We try to keep in touch mostly through FB, but some people like the anonymity of city-data since there are no photos and real names usually don't come into play.

10 years Val?!!! actually about right, it's been about 8 since we met you I think? We will be up in NH in about 10 days - so looking forward to it.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:23 AM

2,379 posts, read 2,263,854 times
Another year since last post here... been so much longer for me. 9 years ago I walked away from the dream of relocating to New Hampshire (and quit posting cold-turkey, lol). I'm a realist & the snow & winter & all that comes with it was a lot to handle coming from SoCal. With a job opportunity & being able to get a little more land we decided to stay in California. With the holidays upon us I wanted to take this moment to say thank you to a group of wonderful people I met here! The good times, the goofiness & most importantly the intelligent, thoughtful warmhearted posts, with the best information ever. Still too hot for me in CA, and in my heart I know I won't live here forever. For now it is home. I hope for all of you seeking to call New Hampshire home, that you follow your heart, give it a try if you can & wherever you end up that you still find happiness. Because happiness is a choice, just as your lifestyle is. So nice to see so many familiar folks posting and appreciate the new ones too. There's a warm glow that draws you back & kudos to city-data! Nice to know I have a familiar place to go, researching the possibilities of paths we might take as life unfolds. Cheers!

Old Today, 09:28 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,652 posts, read 4,990,516 times
Thumbs up Thanks for your lovely post! Great to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Boo~ View Post
Another year since last post here... been so much longer for me. 9 years ago I walked away from the dream of relocating to New Hampshire (and quit posting cold-turkey, lol). I'm a realist & the snow & winter & all that comes with it was a lot to handle coming from SoCal. With a job opportunity & being able to get a little more land we decided to stay in California. With the holidays upon us I wanted to take this moment to say thank you to a group of wonderful people I met here! The good times, the goofiness & most importantly the intelligent, thoughtful warmhearted posts, with the best information ever. Still too hot for me in CA, and in my heart I know I won't live here forever. For now it is home. I hope for all of you seeking to call New Hampshire home, that you follow your heart, give it a try if you can & wherever you end up that you still find happiness. Because happiness is a choice, just as your lifestyle is. So nice to see so many familiar folks posting and appreciate the new ones too. There's a warm glow that draws you back & kudos to city-data! Nice to know I have a familiar place to go, researching the possibilities of paths we might take as life unfolds. Cheers!
Dear BOO,

This is a great place
I hope that you will be back on a regular basis! You are missed. Take good care of yourself! Have a HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON!! Stop by the COUNTRY PORCH when you get the chance. Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire