Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 12:30 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,242 times

Advertisements

We took our granddaughter to Chutter's this afternoon....Holy Cow! Even though we've been here for 2 years, we hadn't been in there yet - I have never seen so much candy in one place in my LIFE! Stuff I didn't think they made any longer was there - Remember Black Jack gum? Long "pixie sticks"? Even candy cigarettes, which surprised me.

Not only do they sell candy, they have souveniers (naturally <g>), beautiful posters, mugs, pottery type kitchen things....There was a downstairs I wanted to check out for candles and "home decor" but didn't get down there...I was afraid to leave hubby and the little one in the area with all the candy

If anyone visits this area, this is a definite must see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 03:26 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,044 times
Talking Hello Dare To Dream!! THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!

I will make sure to put this on the top of my list LOL!

When I am in Littleton!!

Is your granddaughter climbing up the walls

yet?? LOL! LOL!

Take care,

Have a great day everyone!!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
We took our granddaughter to Chutter's this afternoon....Holy Cow! Even though we've been here for 2 years, we hadn't been in there yet - I have never seen so much candy in one place in my LIFE! Stuff I didn't think they made any longer was there - Remember Black Jack gum? Long "pixie sticks"? Even candy cigarettes, which surprised me.

Not only do they sell candy, they have souveniers (naturally <g>), beautiful posters, mugs, pottery type kitchen things....There was a downstairs I wanted to check out for candles and "home decor" but didn't get down there...I was afraid to leave hubby and the little one in the area with all the candy

Last edited by countrylv22; 03-29-2008 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: BUGGABOO2!! WHERE ARE YOU?? :0) Come back to NH!!:0) LOL! :0)

Old 03-30-2008, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,990 times
Smile Fun!

Hello.
I'm new to this thread thing but it sounds like fun. Your trip sounded like one I also would enjoy. I love going to old graveyards and reading the old stones.Also touring old homes.Too bad about the food. Otherwise it sounds like you had a nice day. I'm hoping to get my boyfriend to take me to Salem this summer. Ever done the murder,mystery dinner week-end thing? That also sounds like fun. Summers coming yippee!

Old 03-30-2008, 08:09 AM

Talking Hello Bobbys Girl!! WELCOME!!!

WELCOME TO THE NH FORUM!!

It is a lot of fun!! And people are really nice & helpful!!

Thank you for your post and WELCOME!!

Take care,

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys girl View Post
Hello.
I'm new to this thread thing but it sounds like fun. Your trip sounded like one I also would enjoy. I love going to old graveyards and reading the old stones.Also touring old homes.Too bad about the food. Otherwise it sounds like you had a nice day. I'm hoping to get my boyfriend to take me to Salem this summer. Ever done the murder,mystery dinner week-end thing? That also sounds like fun. Summers coming yippee!

Last edited by countrylv22; 03-30-2008 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: MOTHERSHIP TO "BUGGABOO2" WHERE ARE YOU??Come back to NH!!:0) LOL! LOL!:0)

Old 03-30-2008, 09:59 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,323,302 times
Quote:

I love going to Chutter's- we try to make it once or twice a year. So nice to find so many candies from my childhood! Glad you made it and enjoyed!

Nicolem

Old 03-30-2008, 10:04 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,242 times
Nicolem - I loved it! Hubby and granddaughter spent most of the time with the candy, I liked looking at the other things, as well - next time I go, I think I'll go alone so I can check out the rest of the store. Hubby is great, but when going to stores, isn't one to look around - he likes to get what he came for and that's it

Old 03-31-2008, 10:10 AM

2,392 posts, read 2,539,612 times
Smile Happy Monday!

Quote:
Last edited by countrylv22 : 03-29-2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: BUGGABOO2!! WHERE ARE YOU?? :0) Come back to NH!!:0) LOL! :0)
Here I am!!! Hope all is well with you country! Are you still transmitting messages from the mothership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys girl View Post
Hello.
Welcome to the New Hampshire forum. You must be referring to Suzette's trip...she likes spooky stuff, lol. I'm sure she'll be on here soon.

If you go to Salem, please tell us all about it! The murder-mystery dinner sounds fun. Out here in Cali they have one on a train that I'd like to go to...if I can get my hubby to take me.

We have quite a few photos of graveyards from our vacations...it's amazing to see (and feel) the history. The ones that I find most interesting are when they are on a street corner next to a fast food restaurant ....bet the spirits never thought they'd see the day, lol.

Quote:
Nicolem - I loved it! Hubby and granddaughter spent most of the time with the candy, I liked looking at the other things, as well - next time I go, I think I'll go alone so I can check out the rest of the store. Hubby is great, but when going to stores, isn't one to look around - he likes to get what he came for and that's it
Ah...the differences between hunters & gatherers.

I finally was able to try some candy fruit slices from Sanborn's...I think Valerie recommended it. They were soooo good! Now between the whoopie pies & candy I sound like quite the health nut, lol.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Suzette, Thinking of you! Sending happy thoughts & good wishes your way.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:36 AM

Talking Hello "BuggaBoo2"!! Thank You!! :0)

HEY "BOO" GREAT TO SEE THAT YOU ARE HERE!!

I missed having you around!! THANK YOU for your message!!

And by the way, I am starting to think that you are a HEALTH NUT

LOL! LOL! I love your diet!! WHOOPIE PIES, SANBORN CANDIES, etc.

Also, I did not understand "BOBBY'S GIRL" post, but I think you figured

it out Thanks!

NICOLE M: I cannot believe that you only go to that

CANDY place, once or twice a year, you need to follow "BOO"s example

LOL! LOL! LOL! She is on a GREAT CANDY & SWEETS DIET!!!

SUZETTE: I also hope that you are doing WELL!

Please take good care of yourself, and come back when you are up to it!

GOOD THOUGHTS GOING YOUR WAY SUZETTE!!!

FEEL BETTER!!!

Hope ALL is WELL with "VALERIE C", "LISA G",

"SKICHICK", "DARE TO DREAM", "BRYFRY", "COLIN R", "BUCK NAKED",

"COMETVOYAGER", "DANIELLEFORT", "GREGW", "SKYTREKKER",

"7th GENERATION", "KATLAKAT", "JMX", "VERSEAU","LUKEDADDY", "NH2008", "WANNACOMEHOME" :0) and EVERYONE

ELSE that POSTS HERE

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!!!

Take good care,

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggaBoo2 View Post
Here I am!!! Hope all is well with you country! Are you still transmitting messages from the mothership?

Welcome to the New Hampshire forum. You must be referring to Suzette's trip...she likes spooky stuff, lol. I'm sure she'll be on here soon.

If you go to Salem, please tell us all about it! The murder-mystery dinner sounds fun. Out here in Cali they have one on a train that I'd like to go to...if I can get my hubby to take me.

We have quite a few photos of graveyards from our vacations...it's amazing to see (and feel) the history. The ones that I find most interesting are when they are on a street corner next to a fast food restaurant ....bet the spirits never thought they'd see the day, lol.

Ah...the differences between hunters & gatherers.

I finally was able to try some candy fruit slices from Sanborn's...I think Valerie recommended it. They were soooo good! Now between the whoopie pies & candy I sound like quite the health nut, lol.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Suzette, Thinking of you! Sending happy thoughts & good wishes your way.

Last edited by countrylv22; 03-31-2008 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: HAVE A HAPPY & PEACEFUL WEEK EVERYONE!:0) SMILE!!:0)Great to have you back "BOO"!!:0)

Old 03-31-2008, 04:22 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,954,931 times
Thank you Boo and Country. Your kind words are very much appreciated. My stupid panic attacks have been in over drive lately. I have kind of shut down a bit. I have been checking on the forum, but havent been talking much. Now, as if the panic attacks werent enough, my allergies are going nuts!! There is this stuff floating in the air, these white puffy things, and they are messing with my nose in a big way. Even my ears are itching. Lol.

Country I have said it before, but I really enjoy reading your posts. You always make me smile. You always have such nice things to say to all us forum members.

Welcome to the NH forum Bobbys Girl.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:59 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,029,292 times
Hi Country-

Yup, I'm doing fine here. Actually I think I'm doing better than fine - but I'll find out on thursday when I see my orthopedist for a 6 month check-up on my shiny new knees. I'm hoping he'll be impressed.

I'm confused about something with the whoopie pies! It sounds like people are making them using fluff for the filling???? My sister always made a creme filling when she did them. Also sounded like people couldn't find fluff in their grocery stores outside of NE? Cause I just noticed it's right there on the shelf here in MD.

BTW, has anyone noticed that the new oreo snack seems awfully familiar? So they're calling it an 'oreo cakester' but it sure looks like a mini whoopie pie to me!

Country, hope your week is progressing nicely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire