Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 05:12 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Ok here it is, 3:47 am and I cant sleep again. My brain wont shut off, and the stupid anxiety has reared its ugly head again. I think this is like my 4th night of not getting to sleep until 5 or so. Then I am up around 8. I am getting tired, but I just cant sleep. Having a panic disorder really sucks!

Just in case anyone didnt read in countrys thread, she has now joined the "gold" club. She has her first gold bar in her reps. I told her it was perfect, a gold bar for someone with a heart of gold.

Happy Friday to all my NH friends
I am sorry that you are having trouble sleeping Suzet. I hope that it gets better for you.

Nicolem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 08:40 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I am sorry that you are having trouble sleeping Suzet. I hope that it gets better for you.

Nicolem
Thank you Nicole. It just goes with having a panic disorder. As sucky as it is, I am kind of used to it. I started back on my cleanse and have been on it for 6 days now, so I am hoping it will relieve some of the anxiousness so I can sleep. I have been exercising like crazy for the last 3 days too, and walking a lot, maybe all of that will make me tired too, so far, nope. I am still up till like 4 or 5 am.

I hope you had a great holiday weekend

Old 05-27-2008, 10:59 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Hey Suzet... I've been away from the forum for a couple of days, but just wanted to say I hope your cleanse works again this time... Do any relaxing techniques work? I know that when I used to practice yoga regularly, it was very calming, have you ever tried it? There are so many different disciplines, but being in SoCal I would imagine there is every type of spa/yoga style you could want! Anyway, hope you are feeling better soon

Old 05-28-2008, 03:47 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Hi Val, thank you. I strangely enough have never really tried yoga. I did a tape one of my girls have only one time. I have never really gotten into it. Right now I am focusing on exercise to relive my stress. I am waiting for it to kick in, so far the stupid panic attacks have been pretty bad the last couple of days. But I am going to walk my way through them, by use of the treadmill and talking walks outside. I am planning a surprise BD for my hubby, and that has been keeping me a bit busy. When I get into a panicky phase, I tend to shut down and stay in my room. This time I am trying a different approach, to stay busy. I will tell you what, my heart really goes out to anyone who suffers with this disorder, as it really ruins your life and changes who you are as a person. Its crazy. But anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day, well for you guys, a good night.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:02 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Suzet - I'm sorry to hear you are still having such a terrible time with the panic attacks - moving usually helps to dissipate the adrenaline you get "going on" so you're probably on the right track with the walking. I would imagine the surprise BD party for your husband probably is contributing too - remember, everything doesn't have to be perfect!

Old 05-28-2008, 06:12 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,450,823 times
Hi Suzet, so sorry to hear you've been in panic mode. Your idea of exercising should help. The only thing that helps my anxiety is (distance) running. But when I'm not running I'm miserable. Walking sounds more moderate, less likely to burn you out. In combination with your cleanses hopefully you'll be feeling better soon. I still think panic disorder doesn't change who you are but changes what you do...

Old 05-29-2008, 07:19 PM

951 posts, read 1,653,107 times
Hi all! Just stopping by.

Suzet, I hope you are feeling better. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I hope it passes and you feel better. My prayers go out to you. Do you have a big fuzzy teddy bear to hug? It always helps me (actually it's a panda)!! (hug)! Before my golden lab of 14 years passed away, I used to hug her! She was my therapy after a tough day at work. I know you need more than that, but I hope the thought makes you feel warm and safe (and fuzzy!)!

Also, I have some great news. My dad had his meeting with the doctor today and the results of the biopsy are negative-cancer free!! We are all breathing a sigh of relief here and thanking God for answering our prayers. It's been a nerve wracking few weeks and I thank all of you here at C-D for all your thoughts and prayers. They worked!! Dad has another check up in 6 months, so he's feeling pretty good right now!! He called me at work right after the got out of the doctor's office and gave me the news. I just about shouted for joy! Then of course I started to cry, but that's me-a big softy. It was just a huge relief after all the worry. I'm just thankful to God for letting him stay a while longer! And you guys have been awesome with your support. I will always be grateful. Thank you!!

bryfry

Old 05-29-2008, 07:26 PM

951 posts, read 1,653,107 times
Oh, yeah. Who is the "the phantom repper"? I was a recent victim!

Egads, Holmes! We have a mystery! Don't worry, Watson! We'll get to the bottom of this!

Anyway, as long as it's in the + direction, keep it comin'! Thanks "phantom"!

Old 05-29-2008, 08:12 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Oh, yeah. Who is the "the phantom repper"? I was a recent victim!

Egads, Holmes! We have a mystery! Don't worry, Watson! We'll get to the bottom of this!

Anyway, as long as it's in the + direction, keep it comin'! Thanks "phantom"!
Roflmao...yep I'm a victim also, but it's a good victim - would love to know who to thank - but guess I just have to publicly thank them here

Old 05-29-2008, 08:14 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Hi all! Just stopping by.

Suzet, I hope you are feeling better. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I hope it passes and you feel better. My prayers go out to you. Do you have a big fuzzy teddy bear to hug? It always helps me (actually it's a panda)!! (hug)! Before my golden lab of 14 years passed away, I used to hug her! She was my therapy after a tough day at work. I know you need more than that, but I hope the thought makes you feel warm and safe (and fuzzy!)!

Also, I have some great news. My dad had his meeting with the doctor today and the results of the biopsy are negative-cancer free!! We are all breathing a sigh of relief here and thanking God for answering our prayers. It's been a nerve wracking few weeks and I thank all of you here at C-D for all your thoughts and prayers. They worked!! Dad has another check up in 6 months, so he's feeling pretty good right now!! He called me at work right after the got out of the doctor's office and gave me the news. I just about shouted for joy! Then of course I started to cry, but that's me-a big softy. It was just a huge relief after all the worry. I'm just thankful to God for letting him stay a while longer! And you guys have been awesome with your support. I will always be grateful. Thank you!!

bryfry
Great news bry Positive thinking and prayers does wonders for the soul and the essence of being. Glad it worked for your Dad and also for YOU. Again, glad to get good news from our friends here on the board - it's been waaaaaaaaaay too quiet for a couple of weeks - hope all is good for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire