Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,326,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
Oh Nicole, I'm so sorry! I know the pain you're feeling - caring for cats myself for the last 20 years. Your brain can know, but your heart hurts so much. It's very hard to make that decision, but the only small comfort is that they will feel better. zen hugs!

Poem For Cats

And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Author Unknown

Thank you Wanna! What a great poem.

Thanks,

Nicolem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 07:43 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,944,147 times
Nicole, I'm sorry to hear of the difficult decision that you have in the coming days. As guardians to our cats and dogs, the burden falls to us, and with that comes the indecision about what the right thing to do is. Unfortunately we can't explain to them that we're just trying to help with various treatments, giving fluids, meds either orally or by needle, etc. It becomes a quality of life issue... Does he enjoy life at this point, does he respond to affection? Sometimes it's just a look that will pass between you that says "Please, it's time". Back in my vet tech. days, I've seen people prolong the inevitable by insisting on treatments that weren't working, and believe me it's difficult for everybody involved....

IMO, making that decision is the bravest and most unselfish thing that you can do for him... and we'll all be here for you in what you decide...

Old 06-26-2008, 08:23 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,364 times
Nicole,
Sorry to hear about your situation. You are being responsible toward your cat, considering his quality of life and have done all you possibly can to make him comfortable. Just like everyone said, we'll be here for you.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:46 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,303,673 times
Unhappy aww i'm sorry to hear that

aww nicole, i'm sorry to hear about you kitty i couldn't imagine having anything happening to any of my six cat's. i am sincieraly sorry about your cat. if you need to talk to someone i'll be hear to talk or just listen.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:19 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,136,422 times
(((nicole)))

so sorry you are going through this - we love our animals like they are our children.

thoughts are with you.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:41 AM

Valerie C, lisa g, JFFRACING and Buck Naked,

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, wishes and hugs-you are all very kind and I appreciate it.

We have made the decision to bring him to the vet and end his pain. We will be going once my husband gets home. He has been so loyal and loving to us- I cannot let him suffer any longer.

Thank you all again!

Nicolem

Old 06-26-2008, 10:42 AM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,198 times
Nicole, I really can't say it any better than the others. Just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you & sending cyber-hugs your way.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the kind words, Boo!

Nicolem

Old 06-26-2008, 11:34 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,854 times
Nicole - For what it's worth, I think you made the right decision and Beavis will thank you.....while you wait for your husband to come home, hold Beavis and talk to him - tell him how much he means to you - I really do believe our fur-babies understand more than we give them credit for sometimes.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:59 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,258 times
Nicole, I just signed on and read this thread. I am so truly sorry. You sound like you gave him a wonderful life. I know how you feel and what you are going through. Our pets really do become part of our family. Mine have always "been" there for me. They know when you need them. The fact that you rescued him, made him love you all the more. He knows you saved him. As far as taking him out of his pain....that is a decsion only you and your hubby can make. I know it is truly heartbreaking, as I have been where you are a few times in my life. Your heart just breaks, but you are also being the most humane you can be to your cat. All you can do is be there for him and love him and hold him untill he goes off to a place where he wont have cancer or feel pain, so the last thing he feels is your touch. God I cant evven type this without crying my eyes out. I hope I am not sying anything hurtful. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Beavis. If you need to talk, you can DM me, I will be here for you. Hugs and kisses to you, your hubby and dear Beavis.

Wanna, your poem was beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire