Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 08:15 AM

385 posts, read 398,575 times

Advertisements

Last summer I replaced the tires on my RV (22.5" rims) and received a good price and service from the Stratham tire store in Tamworth. Based on this experience I'll be going back when it's time for my cars and truck.

Lou
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 08:35 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Any feedback on Town Fair Tire? I see questionable ratings for the Nashua location but much better in Manchester.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:25 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,539 times
I used them some weeks ago. They price matched tirerack but will include the shipping cost that tirerack uses. So the tires I chose were $5 cheaper. So far it's good. I tend not to buy into their paranoia. They are kings at upselling 'services'

Do your research on the tires and call them o see if they have it. Shop around and ask them to price match.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
I used them some weeks ago. They price matched tirerack but will include the shipping cost that tirerack uses. So the tires I chose were $5 cheaper. So far it's good. I tend not to buy into their paranoia. They are kings at upselling 'services'

Do your research on the tires and call them o see if they have it. Shop around and ask them to price match.
Good to know they stand by their price match guarantee. That's what the guy told me over the phone yesterday. Makes sense that they would factor in for s&h + installation, since you'd have to pay that anyway.

curious - what did they try and upsell you, a tire warranty?

Old 02-19-2016, 12:36 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,539 times
Yes tire warranty, sometimes better tires (so they say)

Like I said ,do your research and go there with a brand in mind and check whether you want the warranty or not. The guy I talked to was nice and generally when I talk to people I guess they don't take me as someone that they can upsell anything too (just by me talking) plus I'm cheap lol.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Yes tire warranty, sometimes better tires (so they say)

Like I said ,do your research and go there with a brand in mind and check whether you want the warranty or not. The guy I talked to was nice and generally when I talk to people I guess they don't take me as someone that they can upsell anything too (just by me talking) plus I'm cheap lol.
thanks for the tips!

Old 02-20-2016, 07:28 AM

346 posts, read 358,564 times
We use Stratham Tire. They switch out our winter and summer tires for free, we didn't even buy the tires there. Many times they have fixed windshield wipers and assorted tire problems at no cost. I am getting new summer tires, when the weather improves, so will get them there.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:06 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,656,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
ITire Rack isn't going to help you when you've got a flat and need your tire fixed right now.
Tire rack has a warehouse in CT so the tires I've ordered only take 1 day. I never need a tire fixed "right now" that is why I have a spare tire. Every car has one.

Quote:
Tire Warehouse matches all prices. But of course so do many other places.
I've tried that before. They didn't quite match. Tire Warehouse wanted to tack on all these additional small fees for each tire, etc, and would have been $100 more. They also have tricks so it's impossible to price match when they have a tire that is only sold to them.

tire rack - point and click, tires are delivered. easy.
walmart - prices for all the services are on the wall, just tell them what you want and your done.

Why spend so much time trying to negotiate with these guys who don't want to lower their price, and if you win, they will simply match the same price you would have received from tire rack without the hassle. No thanks.

PS. I've always received very new tires from tire rack. Some only 3 months old. You need to check the code on the tire and look it up on the web to see when it was made. Worst case scenario some of the chains or mom and pop stores have 13 year old "new" tires. You would never know unless you looked up the codes.

Old 02-20-2016, 07:41 PM
KCZ

4,675 posts, read 3,667,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Tire rack has a warehouse in CT so the tires I've ordered only take 1 day. I never need a tire fixed "right now" that is why I have a spare tire. Every car has one.
Absolutely not true. Many cars now come with a can of Fix-a-Flat +/- compressor and no spare. Or a temporary spare designed only to get you home or to the nearest tire shop.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:28 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Maynard & Lesieur on West Hollis one block from Main Street in downtown Nashua. Very knowledgeable with fair prices and good service. They also open at 6:30 AM for your before work tire needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire