U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-09-2016, 12:07 PM
 
1,080 posts, read 729,805 times
Reputation: 626

Advertisements

I am wondering what the new boston area is like as far as shopping crime night life. I travel a lot for work so the economy don't matter to me
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2016, 04:16 PM
 
16 posts, read 31,270 times
Reputation: 13
Hi,
New Boston is a very nice quaint town with some a central town shopping area, dining, hardware store, laundromat, etc....Crime is low. I have friends that have lived their over 20 years and absolutely love it!!! The town organizes some nice seasonal events also. Are you thinking of moving there? From where?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2016, 02:18 AM
 
1,080 posts, read 729,805 times
Reputation: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjguihan View Post
Hi,
New Boston is a very nice quaint town with some a central town shopping area, dining, hardware store, laundromat, etc....Crime is low. I have friends that have lived their over 20 years and absolutely love it!!! The town organizes some nice seasonal events also. Are you thinking of moving there? From where?
yea it looks like a nice small quaint town. but every time i have googles i have never seen any shopping areas or things to do for fun. i won't be moving there i'll be going back to portsmouth.. though it looks like a decent place to visit for the weekend
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2016, 02:33 PM
 
Location: West Madison^WMHT
3,174 posts, read 2,742,027 times
Reputation: 3822
Wink Nightlife? In a rural town with 3 stores, 2 restaurants, 1 bar?

Right now I'm on the patio of the only tavern in New Boston, listening to gunfire off in the distance.

Nice way to spend a Sunday, definitely a decent place to visit on the weekend. Up until a few years ago, I didn't use to come here at all, because there was no cell phone coverage and only one sit-down restaurant. Now the town has added more cell towers and a second restaurant.


New Boston is exciting twice a year -- during the Hillsborough county fair, and on the 4th of July. And leading up to the presidential primary, the New Boston Republican Committee does a good job of getting candidates in to speak.

Last edited by Nonesuch; 04-10-2016 at 02:45 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2016, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Southern New Hampshire
4,541 posts, read 11,748,068 times
Reputation: 4107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ground_pounder View Post
I am wondering what the new boston area is like as far as shopping crime night life. I travel a lot for work so the economy don't matter to me
If you are looking for shopping and night life, New Boston may not be the best place for you... The nearest shopping and dining will be in Goffstown or Bedford. What sorts of things are you looking for in town?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Nashua
509 posts, read 1,044,361 times
Reputation: 465
Once a month I have to drive from Nashua to New Boston for the monthly business meeting of the 1st N.H. Cavalry civil War reenactors. It is on Thursday nights and the drive takes between 45 minutes to an hour.
New Boston is a very small, sleepy town with a tiny town center. One of my buddies is a volunteer fireman there and they deal with mostly the occasional car accidents or responding to alarms at the New Boston Air Force Station. The Station itself is tiny and a satellite relay station. It has a lot of land but very few personnel. It has just about no presence in the community as it is all secure and fenced in.
The drive going South takes you to Mount Vernon, an equally small and sleepy town. Then you are faced with a long downhill trip that can tax your brakes as you head to Milford.
Most shopping is done in Manchester, but some shops and restaurants in Goffstown are used.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2016, 04:12 PM
 
1,080 posts, read 729,805 times
Reputation: 626
maybe it's me but i feel that there's alot of new construction going on there from what i am gathering from the internets
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2016, 07:24 PM
 
Location: West Madison^WMHT
3,174 posts, read 2,742,027 times
Reputation: 3822
Default Weare at least has a Dunkin Donuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ground_pounder View Post
maybe it's me but i feel that there's alot of new construction going on there from what i am gathering from the internets
What are you gathering from the internets?

I can't see it being a popular place to build; it's a real hike from Nashua, barely within commuting range of the northernmost fringes of Massachusetts. And that's not mentioning the thousand plus acres of government land full of unexploded ordnance
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2016, 03:48 PM
 
1,080 posts, read 729,805 times
Reputation: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
What are you gathering from the internets?

I can't see it being a popular place to build; it's a real hike from Nashua, barely within commuting range of the northernmost fringes of Massachusetts. And that's not mentioning the thousand plus acres of government land full of unexploded ordnance
gathering from the real estate website it looks like there's some new home going up or that have just been built that are just sitting there. but my guess is that the homes are just sitting there
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2016, 04:45 PM
 
Location: IN
20,170 posts, read 34,488,778 times
Reputation: 12508
Quote:
Originally Posted by ground_pounder View Post
gathering from the real estate website it looks like there's some new home going up or that have just been built that are just sitting there. but my guess is that the homes are just sitting there
The property tax rates in New Boston are not exactly low, about $23.00 per $1,000 assessed value. There are some developments that are more numerous close to the Bedford town line on New Boston Rd and Bedford Rd over along and east of route 13. New housing permits issued certainly never went back up to levels seen during the housing bubble.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top