U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2016, 11:00 AM
 
1,283 posts, read 826,184 times
Reputation: 3342

Advertisements

I can't stand it. I really can't. I don't know how people live in Texas and other hot states. Oh and my A/C is suddenly no longer blowing cool air. I think I've just completely overwhelmed it. (Luckily, a technician is on his way).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2016, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Near the State Capital
108 posts, read 140,532 times
Reputation: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
I can't stand it. I really can't. I don't know how people live in Texas and other hot states. Oh and my A/C is suddenly no longer blowing cool air. I think I've just completely overwhelmed it. (Luckily, a technician is on his way).
Sorry to hear that.
Our A/C are running for a month this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2016, 12:07 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
17,985 posts, read 17,140,226 times
Reputation: 30116
The coming week is supposed to be better. I'm inside with a/c but our car a/c died and can't be fixed.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2016, 12:39 PM
 
1,080 posts, read 729,805 times
Reputation: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
I can't stand it. I really can't. I don't know how people live in Texas and other hot states. Oh and my A/C is suddenly no longer blowing cool air. I think I've just completely overwhelmed it. (Luckily, a technician is on his way).
try living in 115 degree heat with an AC that can't keep up. **** id'e think id'e rather freeze 80-90 at midnight is insane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2016, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Currently in CT but have recently started construction for our retirement home in NH
262 posts, read 201,468 times
Reputation: 655
This is exactly why I don't get how anyone can retire in the south. You can always add another layer in the cold, but the neighbors might not be comfortable with you stripping below your shorts in the summer. I spent about 3 years in Norfolk, VA in the Navy and that was way too far south for me. I'm thinking maybe our move to Sandwich, NH may not far enough north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2016, 02:26 PM
 
2,660 posts, read 1,272,420 times
Reputation: 2513
just moved from Wash, DC. It's like this from May to October. You spend a lot of money on AC down there. Everyone has central air and a repairman on speed dial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2016, 03:42 PM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
16,469 posts, read 33,418,786 times
Reputation: 15197
This afternoon didn't seem all that awful to me. The air seemed drier and there was a breeze. The heat and humidity was much worse days ago. Just walked the dogs and it was a perfect summers day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2016, 06:29 PM
 
1,283 posts, read 826,184 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
This is exactly why I don't get how anyone can retire in the south. You can always add another layer in the cold, but the neighbors might not be comfortable with you stripping below your shorts in the summer. I spent about 3 years in Norfolk, VA in the Navy and that was way too far south for me. I'm thinking maybe our move to Sandwich, NH may not far enough north.
I don't get it either. A day like today, I have to hibernate inside with the A/C. It's a sunshine-y Summer day, but I can't handle being outside. Yet, it feels wrong and I feel almost a bit guilty about it. In the Winter, on a freezing cold, snowy day? Cozy inside is where it feels right to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2016, 06:32 PM
 
1,283 posts, read 826,184 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
This afternoon didn't seem all that awful to me. The air seemed drier and there was a breeze. The heat and humidity was much worse days ago. Just walked the dogs and it was a perfect summers day.
I took my dogs for very short walks. At one point I had to walk across the street to water my friend's plants. Just standing outside to do so for 20 minutes in the direct sun had me drenched through. I don't handle this weather very well at all. I did try to sit outside for a little while on my deck, but I only lasted about 10 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2016, 06:34 PM
 
1,283 posts, read 826,184 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
just moved from Wash, DC. It's like this from May to October. You spend a lot of money on AC down there. Everyone has central air and a repairman on speed dial.
I've been thinking that weather we've had this week feels like what it must be like to live in Louisiana or Mississippi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top