U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2017, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 504 times

Advertisements

Where did you end up moving? We're relocating to S. NH soon too.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 12:25 PM

278 posts, read 520,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3154 View Post
"We drove through Londonderry, Derry, and a couple others but were either in the wrong areas or they were just not as clean as we'd hoped for... Nashua seems okay but I have read reviews that it's dirty and trashy"

What do you mean by "not as clean"? In terms of urban planning?
Nashua was on the list of best cities to live in America. People who live in the middle of nowhere up north like to pretend that Nashua is a crime ridden cesspool. Well, it is compared to a village of 2000, 30 min away from the nearest grocery store. Maybe you heard this from them? Because of the opioid crisis, any town/city you are looking into in S. NH will have that blight.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.c...?client=safari
Um, as someone that moved to the greater Nashua area four years ago, and left left last week, that distinction was awarded in 1987 and 1997. Nashua's problem is they're still preparing for Y2K.

Old 06-29-2017, 04:35 PM

41,505 posts, read 49,547,847 times
I suggest you find a largish apartment near your employer in Woburn and stay there for a year or so to give you time to research places to live.

I have lived in Londonderry for over 30 years and commuted to downtown Boston for most of them. Fortunately most of the time I was taking the bus. The automobile commute between southern NH and Woburn is just plain impossible. The traffic is very, very heavy, slow and irrational. IIRC Woburn does not have a bus or train (no train at all from SNH to anywhere) service.

Although the taxes in Massachusetts may be more than NH the aggravation and cost of commuting can make up for a lot of that money. Take your time and get the facts before you spend a lot of money on a house in the wrong place.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:33 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,271,066 times
When we were considering moving to NH a few years ago, I compared overall tax burden for MA and NH. It was about the same, with some better services in MA. That said, we ended up in SW NH because it is much less congested and far prettier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or