U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 03:55 PM

1,464 posts, read 2,146,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
I love Maine! I've been going there for 15 years+. Starting from Kennebunk to Bar Harbor.
I recently discovered Meredith NH & want to explore NH more.

I greatly appreciate ALL of the suggestions!
We live in Meredith and love it......might have been one of the people that responded to your original post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 10:13 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,711,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
We live in Meredith and love it......might have been one of the people that responded to your original post
Yes! Thank you! What a beautiful town! You always lived there? NY, Long Island here.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:22 PM

18 posts, read 9,040 times
March 25/26 is maple weekend so make sure you make some time to find a maple sugar house. I'd suggest Jackson as a place to stay. I think I recommended it to you around Christmas time? Good luck and have fun.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:32 AM

Thanks Everyone!
The plan is to Kennebunkport (been there many times) for 2 nights. Check out & go to Portsmouth, NH for the day. Then head up to N. Conway, NH for 2-3 days. Staying at the North Conway Grand Hotel. I will write down all of the suggestions!

Thanks!

Old 03-07-2017, 12:17 PM

18 posts, read 9,040 times
When you are in Portsmouth check out the Gas Light Co. $1.99 drafts and pretty good lobster rolls.
If you are in North Conway on Friday night be sure to check out Denis and Davey at the Deacon street bar and Grill.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:47 AM

Location: Currently in CT but have recently started construction for our retirement home in NH
262 posts, read 201,745 times
I second the Gas Light Grill in Portsmouth (great oak fired burgers) and would suggest a few other pub stops in North Conway:

1) Chili at the Moat Mountain Smokehouse https://moatmountain.com/
2) Steaks and burgers at the Red Parka Pub Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub | Glen New Hampshire
3) Mussels, sushi and/or cajon chicken corn chowder at Delaney's Hole in the Wall Delaney's Hole in the Wall - Welcome
4) A Taste of Ireland at May Kelly's Cottage May Kelly's Cottage*
4) Lobster bisque at the Seadog Brewing Co Sea Dog Brewing Company North Conway
5) Marguarita's at Fiesta Jalisco Fiesta Jalisco Mexican Restaurant-Authentic Mexican Food

After this tour you may understand why we picked the northern lakes region for our retirement home.

Enjoy,

Lou

Last edited by sailor_lou; 03-08-2017 at 08:55 AM..

Old 03-08-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
I second the Gas Light Grill in Portsmouth (great oak fired burgers) and would suggest a few other pub stops in North Conway:

1) Chili at the Moat Mountain Smokehouse https://moatmountain.com/
2) Steaks and burgers at the Red Parka Pub Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub | Glen New Hampshire
3) Mussels, sushi and/or cajon chicken corn chowder at Delaney's Hole in the Wall Delaney's Hole in the Wall - Welcome
4) A Taste of Ireland at May Kelly's Cottage May Kelly's Cottage*
4) Lobster bisque at the Seadog Brewing Co Sea Dog Brewing Company North Conway
5) Marguarita's at Fiesta Jalisco Fiesta Jalisco Mexican Restaurant-Authentic Mexican Food

After this tour you may understand why we picked the northern lakes region for our retirement home.

Enjoy,

Lou
My type of places!!!! Any suggestions on "Fine Dining " ? not to sound like a Snob, lol. Just need to take my wife out one night to celebrate an occasion.
Love the above suggestions! Keep them coming!
Thanks!

Old 03-09-2017, 06:04 AM

Location: Currently in CT but have recently started construction for our retirement home in NH
262 posts, read 201,745 times
We have two favorites, but they are outside of North Conway (although I'm sure there are some fine places in town too):

Corner House Inn https://www.cornerhouseinn.com/

Snowvillage Inn Snowvillage Inn - Join Us For A True Romantic Getaway

Old 03-21-2017, 12:44 PM

479 posts, read 239,140 times
Fabulous thread, thanks to everyone. I'm not the OP, but I will be in NH for the first time ever for a week in mid-May. We actually happen to be staying in Conway, so the suggestions are perfect. We're also flying into Portsmouth so appreciate the tip there.

Question for Spanky25 or others. Would it be worth the hour drive to explore Meredith or Wolfeboro, or would the be fairly similar to our time in Conway and Portsmouth? (If so, which one?) Looks like they are both on Lake Winnipesaukee, but it will be cold.

Otherwise we'll just explore Conway, with a trip to Mt. Washington and probably another trip somewhere into the White Mt Natl forest (suggestions? favorite hiking?).

Old 03-21-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMN View Post
Fabulous thread, thanks to everyone. I'm not the OP, but I will be in NH for the first time ever for a week in mid-May. We actually happen to be staying in Conway, so the suggestions are perfect. We're also flying into Portsmouth so appreciate the tip there.

Question for Spanky25 or others. Would it be worth the hour drive to explore Meredith or Wolfeboro, or would the be fairly similar to our time in Conway and Portsmouth? (If so, which one?) Looks like they are both on Lake Winnipesaukee, but it will be cold.

Otherwise we'll just explore Conway, with a trip to Mt. Washington and probably another trip somewhere into the White Mt Natl forest (suggestions? favorite hiking?).
MattMN,
My first trip to NH was about 4-5 months ago. We went to Mereidith. It's Definitely Worth the visit! Wolfeboro is a few miles away & worth it for 1/2 day. Sat I'm heading up to Kennebunkport ME (been going to all parts of Maine for 15+ years) then heading up to N Conway. Only because we loved Mereidith NH & want to explore other parts of NH. With the advice here, I think I have enough to do with my 2 day stay.

Good Luck! Always get great advice here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire