Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 11:50 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,531,611 times

Advertisements

I posted here a few months ago. I had a great time visiting Mereidith, NH. I got some great advice here!
I am planning another trip the last weekend in March.
Any suggestions on where to go/visit? Again, I really loved Mereidith Lake Region. I am just looking to explore a different part of NH. Not really into the city thing. Some mentioned the White Mountains area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 11:51 AM

500 posts, read 636,212 times
Did you see the mountains while you were here?

Old 02-28-2017, 11:59 AM

No I didn't. When I visited a few months ago, it rained everyday. However, we made the best of it & had a great time!

Old 02-28-2017, 12:50 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,494,957 times
Maybe try finding a small cabin through one of those house rental sights in or around north conway.

A few activities I would recommend:

-Drive up the mount washington auto road
-Explore North Conway village and zebs
-Drive bear notch road/kancamagus highway
-Hike Arethusa falls/Frankenstein Trestle trail (easy-moderate hike)
-Visit the Mt Washington hotel
-Eat at white mountain cider co.
-See the bear show at Clarks trading post

Old 02-28-2017, 01:46 PM

500 posts, read 636,212 times
I was going to suggest staying around Conway or Jackson and exploring the area.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:36 PM
KCZ

4,673 posts, read 3,667,429 times
The Mt Washington Auto Road won't be open until the 1st of May or thereabouts, and the Kanc and Bear Notch can be a bit dicey if it's snowing and you're not used to driving in that. Clark's bear show isn't open until mid-May either. You could see the other side of Winni around Wolfeboro and then head up to Conway, or alternatively check out NH's brief seacoast and historic Portsmouth. Someone else here might know when the Portsmouth Harbor and Isle of Shoals cruises start in the spring.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
The Mt Washington Auto Road won't be open until the 1st of May or thereabouts, and the Kanc and Bear Notch can be a bit dicey if it's snowing and you're not used to driving in that. Clark's bear show isn't open until mid-May either. You could see the other side of Winni around Wolfeboro and then head up to Conway, or alternatively check out NH's brief seacoast and historic Portsmouth. Someone else here might know when the Portsmouth Harbor and Isle of Shoals cruises start in the spring.
It's that weird off season. I've explored the Wolfeboro area the last time I was in Meredith. The Conway area seems to be the best recommendation here. Keep them coming! I greatly appreciate it!

P.S. (Don't tell anyone) I've been visiting/exploring Maine EVERY YEAR for 15 years, I think I like NH better! LOL.

Last edited by Spanky25; 03-01-2017 at 06:09 AM..

Old 03-04-2017, 02:01 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
Wolfeboro is pretty. North Conway is nice.
If you haven't been to vermont, maybe go there as well. The green mountains are lovely.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:10 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
Maybe try finding a small cabin through one of those house rental sights in or around north conway.

A few activities I would recommend:

-Drive up the mount washington auto road
-Explore North Conway village and zebs
-Drive bear notch road/kancamagus highway
-Hike Arethusa falls/Frankenstein Trestle trail (easy-moderate hike)
-Visit the Mt Washington hotel
-Eat at white mountain cider co.
-See the bear show at Clarks trading post

These are all great suggestions.
What about a day or two exploring the Portsmouth historic waterfront and then a ride up the coast to Maine .The Maine line is right outside of Portsmouth.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
These are all great suggestions.
What about a day or two exploring the Portsmouth historic waterfront and then a ride up the coast to Maine .The Maine line is right outside of Portsmouth.
I love Maine! I've been going there for 15 years+. Starting from Kennebunk to Bar Harbor.
I recently discovered Meredith NH & want to explore NH more.

I greatly appreciate ALL of the suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire