U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 01:31 PM

89 posts, read 68,694 times

Advertisements

Never to come back? What a depressing thought.

With just a few months left, where would I go to cram in a few last joys of New England? (I don't have children so I can't speak about that detail.)

I don't mind the touristy places so my list would be long on those. Last year I went to The Polar Caves. It's alright, if you like climbing on walkways around big rocks it can be interesting. Similarly the Lost River Gorge and Flume Gorge look good.

Mount Washington, either drive up it or take the Cog. Drive the Kancamagus, it's on all the lists of "20 best scenic roads in the US".

If you love video games you have to see Fun Spot before you go. Plan to spend a whole day there wearing your fingers to the bone.

I would try to take in as many shows at The New London Barn Playhouse as I could.

I haven't been to Castle in the Clouds yet but I want to, been told it's worth it.

New England has more covered bridges than anywhere else in the nation, and the best too. Visit and walk on as many of those as you can.

The statehouse in Concord is worth seeing if you like history. The impressive main chamber is something special.

Spend time circling around Vermont, endless great stuff there to see. There's a cemetery that's filled with specially designed marble headstones because the marble is mined there in town. Damn, can't remember the name of it though. Burlington is real pretty.

In Massachusetts I would do the North Shore. Spend a day in Salem. Another day in Gloucester and Rockport. A solid afternoon in Newburyport.

You could spend a week at least slowly driving up the Maine coastline seeing the stuff worth seeing.

A few favorite restaurants to eat at (multiple times) before you go: The Hungry Buffalo in Loudon, NH; The Brick House in Hillsborough, NH; The Bradford Junction in Bradford, NH.

Also, get a list of used book stores and hit them up. Wherever you are moving to might not have them (or as large.) Particular favorites are Books by the Lake in Bradford and Old Number Six in Henniker.

Last edited by Takingnames; 04-08-2017 at 01:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 03:30 PM

89 posts, read 68,694 times
6 Must-See Family Friendly New Hampshire Sights | Stonehurst Manor Blog

Old 04-11-2017, 10:54 PM

12 posts, read 4,072 times
National Park will be surely there on my bucket list.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:55 PM

446 posts, read 292,104 times
OP, you knocking any of these off your list yet?

Old 04-27-2017, 07:34 AM

4,708 posts, read 4,827,027 times
Mount Washington Hotel.

Have lunch downstairs in the restaurant. Normal prices for lunch in lower level restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire