U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 09:21 PM

17,980 posts, read 17,131,123 times

Advertisements

These are from a very bad winter, 2015

Snow at back door

That's my bird feeder. It's tall.

Early spring, lol. Dead snow/what was left of my neighbor's truck. That's what he gets for going to Florida!

Old 06-05-2017, 05:08 AM

637 posts, read 395,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNashua View Post
The 2015 Winter season was pretty bad here. There was a stretch of month or six weeks there where we we getting a huge snow storm every week. One in particular, we had something like 40" dumped in 24 hours in Southern New Hampshire. Depending on which way your door is oriented, you very easily could have had drifts of snow blocking it (I didn't, but my car was pretty much completely buried).

One of the local barns had a picture out of big, sliding barn door of a huge bank of snow with a horse standing in front of it, the handler trying to figure out how the heck they were going to lead the horse out (this was in Groton, MA).

I don't know if it is typical North of here, but in the 11 years I've lived here, I feel like that was maybe the worst Winter, snow-wise. Other years have been bad because of ice storms, or wind, or cold temps or other various things, but that is the one that sticks in my mind for snow.
yeah ..2015 was probably the snowiest Winter I've seen in RI. Those 6 weeks were insane .. the snow just kept coming. I seemed like something was falling from the sky every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 05:52 AM
Status: "Just one man's opinion, I could be wrong." (set 23 days ago)

1,617 posts, read 2,016,523 times
Ironically enough, my friends in Mattapoisett Mass. (south coast) have received more snow, and more power outage days, every year then us in mid Vermont for 3 years running. New England weather is crazy and unpredictable year to year.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:48 AM

278 posts, read 520,811 times
The point is, it's not just one storm. It's the length of time. You REALLY notice it at the end of March, or in worse years the end of April / into May. Looking out at bud-less trees, and Barron ground (if not the remnants of black snow), just takes a toll on those from temperate climates.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:45 AM

1,283 posts, read 825,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Ironically enough, my friends in Mattapoisett Mass. (south coast) have received more snow, and more power outage days, every year then us in mid Vermont for 3 years running. New England weather is crazy and unpredictable year to year.
It's true, some years the storm patterns seem to pass more to the South and coast.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:48 AM

1,283 posts, read 825,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddei63 View Post
The point is, it's not just one storm. It's the length of time. You REALLY notice it at the end of March, or in worse years the end of April / into May. Looking out at bud-less trees, and Barron ground (if not the remnants of black snow), just takes a toll on those from temperate climates.
One of my best Winters here, I had the opportunity to go to South Carolina for the month of March. So, just when I was getting a bit sick of the dark and the snow, I went to SC with about an hour longer of daylight and mild temperatures, and was able to ride outside and run around in a t-shirt. I came home just as Spring was ready to start here. I wish I could do that every year. That one month was the perfect amount of time for me at the end of Winter.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:09 PM
Status: "Just one man's opinion, I could be wrong." (set 23 days ago)

1,617 posts, read 2,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddei63 View Post
Oh for sure. And look at the rainy, cold Spring we are having this year... it's downright dreary right now... and it's June!

Old 06-25-2017, 01:21 PM

26 posts, read 66,952 times
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I do believe I need to visit in the winter to be certain but there is something about the East Coast that intrigues me and I love. The history, architecture, beautiful seasons, etc....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire