U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 12,693 times

Advertisements

I've been trying to find a definitive answer, but I haven't yet.

I have a vehicle that I need to get inspected in NH and the airbag light is on. Can someone tell me for certain that I can/will pass NH inspection with that light on?

Thanks,
John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 12,693 times
well, I found the answer to my own question but figured I would post the answer here for everyone else.

I called the registry of motor vehicles in NH and asked the inspection department if my car would fail because the airbag light was on:

I was told "no that if would not fail inspection" EXCEPT if the vehicle had a salvage title.....if it has/had a salvage title then airbag light would need to be off.

hope this helps anyone else that is questioning this in the state of NH.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:46 PM

5,002 posts, read 5,082,545 times
Let all know if in fact you do get an inspection sticker with the airbag light on.

Just to update terminology. The Registry of Motor Vehicles is in Massachusetts. In New Hampshire it's called the DMV - Department of Motor Vehicles - or Department of Safety.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:06 PM

495 posts, read 311,917 times
In other states where the Air Bag light is on, the vehicle will fail. Mass and Maine come to mind.

From personal experience from what i learned, if one needs to have the air bag light OFF to pass inspection, it is very expensive as is over $100 to diagnose what is wrong, and over $1000 to repair.
Also, the air bag light bulb is the best bulb on earth. The bulb will never burn out even after years on being on.

How did it go?

Old 01-12-2019, 06:07 AM

3 posts, read 148 times
I have a 2015 vw jetta and I was in a accident and my airbags deployed in the light is on will it pass inspection still, I'm in Florida

Old 01-12-2019, 06:13 AM

3 posts, read 148 times
My car will be changed to a salavage rebuilt title but do I still need to replace the airbags before inspections I live in fl. Or will it pass inspection without replacing them

Old 01-12-2019, 01:18 PM
KCZ

1,606 posts, read 836,868 times
You'd do better to ask this question in the Florida forum, not NH.

Old Today, 06:49 AM

75 posts, read 39,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillinger View Post

I have a vehicle that I need to get inspected in NH and the airbag light is on. Can someone tell me for certain that I can/will pass NH inspection with that light on?

Thanks,
John

Our car, 2004 Honda Pilot had the light come on and the problem ended up being the seat belt and not the air bag and it has a lifetime guarantee so no cost.

Old Today, 07:03 PM

4,432 posts, read 1,663,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im45us View Post
Our car, 2004 Honda Pilot had the light come on and the problem ended up being the seat belt and not the air bag and it has a lifetime guarantee so no cost.
If it is a Honda, definitely take it to a dealer and find out what the problem is. I had an ABS light come on, and took it to a local Honda dealer. They checked the code, and pinpointed the problem to a seat belt latch. They ordered the part, and three days later they installed a new seat belt latch at no charge. It only took about a half hour. Either way you should get the problem taken care of. I also had my recalled airbags replaced free of charge.

Old Today, 07:07 PM

1,924 posts, read 1,138,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillinger View Post

Thanks,
John
You would rather get impaled on the steering wheel if you have an accident than have the airbag fixed? Think!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire