Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:12 PM

264 posts, read 615,524 times

Advertisements

Ok New Hampshire friends, its official. I am on my way out for my first solo,..yes,.. solo scouting mission of NH. I will be leaving DW, the offspring, the business, the job and the materialistic world of SoCal behind and heading out for a week of exploration the week of May 11th. I will be basing in Lincoln and will try to get a feel for the towns, neighborhoods, real estate, land, taxes, people etc.

You and the boards have gotten me this far so some additional pointers would be greatly appreciated.

What is the must see, must do, must taste version of NH you would recommend for me during that week. I am keeping a list.

Val, do you know anyone in the RE world I would benefit from talking to? I would be looking primarily North of Concord.

Suzet, can I bring something back for you besides pictures?

Looking forward to your responses and again than you for taking the time to assist me.

Captjob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 08:48 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,945,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjob View Post
Ok New Hampshire friends, its official. I am on my way out for my first solo,..yes,.. solo scouting mission of NH. I will be leaving DW, the offspring, the business, the job and the materialistic world of SoCal behind and heading out for a week of exploration the week of May 11th. I will be basing in Lincoln and will try to get a feel for the towns, neighborhoods, real estate, land, taxes, people etc.

You and the boards have gotten me this far so some additional pointers would be greatly appreciated.

What is the must see, must do, must taste version of NH you would recommend for me during that week. I am keeping a list.

Val, do you know anyone in the RE world I would benefit from talking to? I would be looking primarily North of Concord.

Looking forward to your responses and again than you for taking the time to assist me.

Captjob
Aww Captjob you are so sweet!!! Hmm what would I want?? Well maybe I will just stowe away on the plane..lol. Wait, did I just say that?? I cant fly, I am so scared to do that. See I am so excited that you are going on your trip, I forgot my fear.

I hope you have a wonderful time!! Hopefully you can meet some board members while you are there. That would be so fun. Is your wife sad that she isnt going with you this time?? I would be.

The "materialistic world of SoCal", we know how true that is. Cant wait to leave all this behind too.

You have to take a lot of pics for our pic thread.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:54 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,918,663 times
Captjob, you are coming at a wonderful time! The lilacs (our state flower) may be starting to bloom (there is nothing so sweet as the smell of lilac on a spring morning Be sure to bring a warm jacket though, we'll still be having chilly nights (last frost date is generally end of May!) You'll already be sweltering in SoCal at that time, I'd imagine.

In Meredith, you've got to have at least one meal at Hart's Turkey Farm. The menu is extensive and everything I've had there is great. You may even want to order dessert first It's big enough that tour buses stop there, but don't let that stop you.

I do have a network of agents throughout New England, and would be happy to pass along a name of someone who knows that area well.

So many of our members are in the northern part of the state, I can't wait to read their recommendations

Old 03-14-2008, 04:56 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
I have relatives in northern NH. They moved from cali a few years ago. PM me and I pass your questions on. I would love to retire around here but the damp and cold are finally getting to me.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:27 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,444,569 times
Best of luck during your visit, Captjob. I'm too far south to help, but wanted to wish you luck. If you're no stranger to snow, then it doesn't really matter that you'll be visiting in Spring, but for those who can't imagine living in snow, for reality's sake I'd suggest a visit during winter to get a true feel for it. Best of luck in your escape attempt

Old 03-14-2008, 06:44 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,306,076 times
Well if you are coming in May and visit Laconia I am sure part of the snowbanks will still be here. They are higher than my car! Since you are staying in Lincoln-who knows after the winter we have had-you may still get in some Spring skiing at Loon Mtn.

I second Val's suggestion of Hart's Turkey Farm. Great food- I love their stuffing! Also in Lincoln, if you want pizza- I suggest Elvios-great pizza. Staying in Lincoln you definetly want to take a ride over the Kancamagus Highway over to Jackson/North Conway area-what a beautiful ride!

Don't know if you will be exploring the Laconia/Lakes Region area-if you are I will be happy to answer any questions the best that I can-just ask.

Good luck-take lots of pictures!

Nicolem

Old 03-15-2008, 06:05 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,163,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjob View Post

Captjob
Hi Captjob - If you're going to be in Lincoln, if you get on I-93 and go north, you'll be able to check out Franconia, Bethlehem, Littleton, Whitefield, Lisbon, to name a few places. Lincoln is about 25 miles south of Littleton. We've done some of our grocery shopping in the grocery store there and been to their movie theater as well. Enjoy your trip!

Old 03-15-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Hi Captjob - If you're going to be in Lincoln, if you get on I-93 and go north, you'll be able to check out Franconia, Bethlehem, Littleton, Whitefield, Lisbon, to name a few places. Lincoln is about 25 miles south of Littleton. We've done some of our grocery shopping in the grocery store there and been to their movie theater as well. Enjoy your trip!

Hi Dare,

Thats the plan. I hope to visit and see all these areas. The I-93 corridor and the lakes region as well. Are you still taking appointments?

Captjob

Old 03-15-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Captjob, you are coming at a wonderful time! The lilacs (our state flower) may be starting to bloom (there is nothing so sweet as the smell of lilac on a spring morning Be sure to bring a warm jacket though, we'll still be having chilly nights (last frost date is generally end of May!) You'll already be sweltering in SoCal at that time, I'd imagine.

In Meredith, you've got to have at least one meal at Hart's Turkey Farm. The menu is extensive and everything I've had there is great. You may even want to order dessert first It's big enough that tour buses stop there, but don't let that stop you.

I do have a network of agents throughout New England, and would be happy to pass along a name of someone who knows that area well.

So many of our members are in the northern part of the state, I can't wait to read their recommendations

Hi Val,

I would love to gather some names from you. Harts Turkey Farm sounds like a must. I will plan on visiting for sure. Is this place anything like Wrights Chicken Farm in MA??

Captjob

Old 03-15-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Best of luck during your visit, Captjob. I'm too far south to help, but wanted to wish you luck. If you're no stranger to snow, then it doesn't really matter that you'll be visiting in Spring, but for those who can't imagine living in snow, for reality's sake I'd suggest a visit during winter to get a true feel for it. Best of luck in your escape attempt

Hi Lisa,

I am definatley a stranger to snow. I guess seeing snowbanks in May is going to be very strange, especially since we will be in the high 90s by then out here. By July and August we will be averaging low 100s I hope to definatley spend some time out there during the winter. I agree, it is a must do before committing to a move.

Thanks for the info.

Captjob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire