Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 10:13 AM

7 posts, read 5,260 times

Advertisements

I enjoyed reading your thread. My husband and are also relocating to New Hampshire in the spring of 2018, and I have gotten excellent information from this forum. We will be renting in either Manchester, Concord, or one of the other south/southwestern cities for at least a year before we buy a place. Reliable internet and cable service is crucial to us, so I will be following the links. So where did you settle (if you have indeed moved yet)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 03:12 PM
KCZ

4,673 posts, read 3,667,429 times
Regarding internet, the Fast Roads project received a federal grant to run fiberoptic cable through towns with zero internet access several years ago, hopscotching from Keene through smaller towns to unserved areas in the Upper Valley. If you're interested in the Keene area, you may be able to get excellent fiberoptic service through WiValley in some of the towns down there.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:19 PM

76 posts, read 101,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eestes View Post
After 20 years we are done with the mid-Atlantic. Back to New England where I spent most of my life, this time New Hampshire.

We have been looking at towns outside of Concord and Manchester. Specifically Henniker, Chichester, New Boston. It seems to get more expensive down towards the Mass line or east to the seacoast. Maybe we should look further west or north? Looking for thoughts or experiences in any of these towns or other places we should consider.

We do not want to be too far out from things and would like to be within a half hour of a hospital and other medical facilities. My wife is a nurse practitioner and I work from home so can go anywhere where there is good broadband, but she must commute. We are homebody's so all we need in a home is a little elbow room and some peace and quiet. :-) Any advice that can be offered is appreciated. Looking forward to joining all of you up there soon.

Thanks.
RN here, looking in the same area as you are for a home. Want to get out of CT to a more free state

Old 12-12-2017, 09:09 PM

12,430 posts, read 9,529,208 times
Some nice hospitals in NH:
- Wentworth-Douglass in Dover
- Exeter Hospital in Exeter
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon

Old 12-13-2017, 07:05 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times
Check out the area around Lebanon and Hanover NH. Either side of the river, lots of little towns that feed into the job centers at DHMC and Dartmouth College. Great area with a lot less hustle and bustle than anything that's close to the NH/MA border commuters area.

I've lived here since the mid-80's. It's a great place to raise a family.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:02 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times
Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia has a pretty good sized network in the lakes region.
I would suggest living in Meredith.Beautiful town close to lakes,rivers and mountains.An hour to the seacoast,Manchester Airport.Good major shopping close by and very little crime.
Sambornton is another neat little country town that's worth exploring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire