Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 12:11 PM

8 posts, read 18,950 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Brookline in a rental house, but I make trips to Milford now and then as its one of the closer towns to me. Even closer than Nashua in some instances and what I find is that Milford has some gems as far as places go. Theres the oval, a nice music shop I notice, a gun shop, a donut shop that has nice donuts.. a few good chinese places also I seen I think for a littler town it has quite a bit. I've been to some cities and towns of bigger proportion and Milford probably has as much as any town with 60,000 people or so. Some big towns have all chain restaurants, hotels, it looks like because of the amount of people theres more but not always so. I'd say grocery stores are in smaller amounts. I go to the Shaws, I havent been to Market Basket + from experience I dont care much for MB honestly. It gets too crowded and that whole drama within their company I didnt like how people were feeding into that but thats another topic for another time.

And considering the traffic it takes to get around some cities, theres probably more per capita in Milford truthfully than say Fitchburg by a good deal and somewhere like Billerica even. The town center is about as big as Chelmsfords I'd say. I kind of compare them actually. Some say Milford is cheaper and has some lower class but I dont get that vibe at all if its a town where people do drugs. It seems like regular working folks with some upper middle, but higher quality than somewhere like Billerica for sure. I'd say its more in Chelmsfords neighborhood only friendlier. See thats the area I grew up in, but I have no reason to live in MA anymore. I like it up here in NH actually even Brookline. Brookline you just have to drive to everything on the outskirts but not too too far. I may move eventually depending on how things go where I am but if I do, I want somewhere like Milford, maybe a part of Nashua away from South Nashua. Hudson is closer to things as well. Milford moves closer to Manchester and is centrally located so that be good also and not right on the border either.

So can anyone tell me their experiences in Milford? I find maybe a few rental properties here and there but not a whole lot come up. You gotta look. I dont even know the average house price in Milford honestly.. I use my intuition and Id say its regular priced or above average. I'd say better than Amherst overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 11:37 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,671,494 times
Question Does Milford try too hard to be a "Currier & Ives" quaint small town?

Sometimes I think Milford tries too hard to live up to the cute "small town" ideal.

No idea about drug use, but I will say that Milford has/attracts a lot of drinkers, aside from the bars in the area of the oval, each of the (mostly Chinese/fusion) restaurants along 101A has a pool of regulars propping up the lounge side of the business. NTTAWWT.

Not sure about the rental house market in S.NH, but it seems pretty limited. Overall, housing is a bit more expensive than towns further into NH, in part because Milford is within commuting distance of not only Manchester and Nashua, but also some parts of the 495 tech corridor in Massachusetts.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:49 AM

8 posts, read 18,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Sometimes I think Milford tries too hard to live up to the cute "small town" ideal.

Not sure about the rental house market in S.NH, but it seems pretty limited. Overall, housing is a bit more expensive than towns further into NH, in part because Milford is within commuting distance of not only Manchester and Nashua, but also some parts of the 495 tech corridor in Massachusetts.
Milford reminds me of somewhere like Littleton MA only it has more but on a class level, I think of somewhere like that or Chelmsford maybe.. not so much Westford or Groton though. Schools I could see as being like Chelmsfords maybe or I see it as the type of place that could definitely have a music program in their high school. But yea, I been to places like Amherst, Merrimack, Peterborough, part of Jaffrey not the downtown and Milfords downtown looks the best I'd say next to any major city in the state. Hollis is tiny, Brooklines is tiny. Bedfords I haven't been to. Hudsons downtown isn't too bad but it does not have the Milford type view at all. Everything is tradeoffs though.. Hudson could be great if you want to be right by Nashua and MA, even Concord St I believe to get to Manchester easier on a backroad. So a part of me does want to move to Hudson also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire