Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 08:06 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times

Advertisements

Well... about the Newington lobster export business, I heard an interesting segment on NPR about this situation. And it seems to me that the lobster industry in New England is having issues anyway that would affect the numbers of lobsters that can be harvested. The coastal waters are warming up which would lessen the number of lobsters available. Plus the area of harvesting is to be made narrower in an effort to avoid the (sperm or right) whale's migratory path.

So it is very short sighted to try to sell as many of our lobsters to China as we can, when in the long run, the amount of the lobsters allowed to be harvested will eventually go down. So the lobster packing plants should not be expanding their facilities, as one of the plants was in the process of doing.

And earlier in the summer, the price of lobster was going up due to the high demand of the Chinese market. Selfishly, I'd rather have more lobsters for Americans and at more reasonable prices. I remember a point, maybe 20 years ago, when at our Boston sushi restaurants, we couldn't order any toro/tuna belly. And the reason given was that the Japanese demand for toro was so high, that they bought all of that part of the tuna to ship back to Japan. Even going directly to the docks in Gloucester to make their deals.

This situation also reminds me of all the turmoil that happened decades ago with the American timber industry. The lumberjacks hating to have to deal with limitations in cutting because of an owl species. And the Japanese willing to pay premium prices for our old growth lumber.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:24 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,056,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Tariffs will be here for a long time. The government need to create REVENUE for all the LOSS REVENUE courtesy of the huge tax break to the rich. 14% bonus, corporate tax rate from 35 to 21%. Trump just gave himself a big fat bonus. Ordinary citizens will be paying for all of it.
tax breaks for the rich

lol

Old 07-17-2018, 12:23 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,873,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post
tax breaks for the rich

lol
How long has that lame talking point been around?
Guess it sells well with the low information voter

Old 07-18-2018, 08:05 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,489,546 times
Your president is a joke in the world stage talking both sides of his mouth, contradicting himself everytime he opens his mouth.
Shame that he's representing the United States and at the same time shoving a stick up your orifice with you smiling while he's doing it. Hahaha!

More tariffs please for New Hampshire! Hahaha! Glad I don't reside in that hi_k town.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:03 AM

12,384 posts, read 9,483,835 times
Japan and the EU recently signed a major free trade agreement, said to be the world's biggest. https://global.handelsblatt.com/poli...t-jefta-946389

The EU is also in discussions with China and India to increase economic cooperation. It will take some time for these things to actually take effect, but if Trump makes it very difficult to trade with the US, then the other nations can increase cooperation with one another so as to make money and goods flow around the US, instead of through the US.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:55 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,193,085 times
Quote:
Your president is a joke in the world stage talking both sides of his mouth, contradicting himself everytime he opens his mouth.
Shame that he's representing the United States and at the same time shoving a stick up your orifice with you smiling while he's doing it. Hahaha!

More tariffs please for New Hampshire! Hahaha! Glad I don't reside in that hi_k town.

Well then, there's plenty of other countries in the world for you to permanently relocate to.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:42 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,000 times

Trust me, we are glad you don't either we have enough meth heads around here as it is.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:11 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,953 times
Quote:
Tariffs will be here for a long time. The government need to create REVENUE for all the LOSS REVENUE courtesy of the huge tax break to the rich. 14% bonus, corporate tax rate from 35 to 21%. Trump just gave himself a big fat bonus. Ordinary citizens will be paying for all of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
the sad thing is you actually believe this
The sad thing is Clarkcty's right and you're still in denial.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:24 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
The sad thing is Clarkcty's right and you're still in denial.
No, the sad thing is you actually believe that

Old 07-19-2018, 07:25 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,382,073 times
Will someone please kill this thread? Nothing will be accomplished here except useless back and forth and insults. We just can't seem to just talk anymore in this country. It's always us vs them no matter what the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire