U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 04-01-2008, 10:58 AM

282 posts, read 724,547 times
Default What do you get an 18 year old for her birthday?

My cousin, who is also my godchild, will be turning 18. She has everything under the sun basically--Ipod, phone, digital camera, etc etc etc and tons of really nice jewelry already.....................anybody have any brilliant ideas for a great birthday gift????? Also, she will not be living on her own for college...she is commuting--therefore, needs nothing on that end............HELP!!!!!

Unread 04-01-2008, 11:15 AM

3,855 posts, read 6,453,747 times
Not sure how much you want to spend but maybe a gift certificate for something fun like a pedicure or facial at a spa?

Nicolem

Unread 04-01-2008, 11:16 AM

203 posts, read 356,301 times
How about an i-tunes gift card?????

Unread 04-01-2008, 11:18 AM

951 posts, read 385,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Not sure how much you want to spend but maybe a gift certificate for something fun like a pedicure or facial at a spa?
Nicolem
Along those same lines, how about a massage? I had one given to me for a birthday gift and it was awesome. I felt amazing afterward. Young people have lots of stress in their lives too. It could prove to be beneficial.

Unread 04-01-2008, 11:29 AM

61 posts, read 184,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaK View Post
My cousin, who is also my godchild, will be turning 18. She has everything under the sun basically--Ipod, phone, digital camera, etc etc etc and tons of really nice jewelry already.....................anybody have any brilliant ideas for a great birthday gift????? Also, she will not be living on her own for college...she is commuting--therefore, needs nothing on that end............HELP!!!!!
Get her some plastic surgery, "Cut Up Her Credit Cards" All joking aside, these young ones today are so over indulged. I think it skews their reality towards an entitlement mind set. All I can say is be careful. Maybe just taking her to lunch or dinner would be fine.

Unread 04-01-2008, 11:41 AM

282 posts, read 724,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasMetaphor View Post
Get her some plastic surgery, "Cut Up Her Credit Cards" All joking aside, these young ones today are so over indulged. I think it skews their reality towards an entitlement mind set. All I can say is be careful. Maybe just taking her to lunch or dinner would be fine.
Overall, I tend to agree....but luckily, she is actually a very good kid. She has stayed out of trouble, does well in school, has a good group of friends, plays sports, and is fairly responsible. Babysits for free, all that good stuff!!! If she were a spoiled brat I wouldn't be so picky about a gift!!!! I am thinking about possibly a gift card for the book store where she will be going to school.........facial, etc is also a good idea. With her schedule...dinner will be a hard one to pull off!!!!!

Unread 04-01-2008, 12:11 PM

61 posts, read 184,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaK View Post
Overall, I tend to agree....but luckily, she is actually a very good kid. She has stayed out of trouble, does well in school, has a good group of friends, plays sports, and is fairly responsible. Babysits for free, all that good stuff!!! If she were a spoiled brat I wouldn't be so picky about a gift!!!! I am thinking about possibly a gift card for the book store where she will be going to school.........facial, etc is also a good idea. With her schedule...dinner will be a hard one to pull off!!!!!
If she is involved with sports you can get her something for that!

Unread 04-01-2008, 09:31 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,432,909 times
Gift Certificates are always a good choice. That way they can get whatever it is they want.

I on the other hand would take the massage. Nothing makes you more relaxed than a good massage. Well....there might be some other things...lmao. Did I say that out loud?? Haha.

Unread 04-02-2008, 12:46 PM

3,955 posts, read 6,997,990 times
How about a Porsche? A shiny red one
Just kidding...

Since she already has so much of the materialistic stuff, how about a "memory gift"? These work really well for our relatives who either have everything that they need, or can easily afford to go out to get it. Tickets to an upcoming event that she would be interested in, theater and arts, concert tickets, Blue Man Group, or maybe a sporting event? Part of my son's 18th birthday gift was 2 concert tickets to see one of his favorite bands at that time. 10 years later, he still remembers that one gift, whereas the "objects" that he received are long gone and forgotten...

Love the idea of a day of pampering, manicure, pedicure, massage, etc. And Suzet, need I remind you that this is a family-friendly forum heheh

Unread 04-02-2008, 12:53 PM

32,160 posts, read 24,919,602 times
Considering the cost of text books, try a gift certicicate at the college bookstore or on her amazon.com account. Give it to her at a fancy lunch at TJ's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire