U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 10:53 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,417,614 times

Advertisements

Wow, enjoy leaching on your parents. I bet they just love having to provide food and lodging for someone who can't manage their own life. Good luck with life, kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2018, 12:11 PM

51 posts, read 14,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takingnames View Post
Several of your posts mention how "boring" it is in New Hampshire, and the lack of rental apartments. So... you move to a rural state and expect to find the excitement of Los Angeles or New York City? That simply isn't available in NH. And, sadly, there aren't a million apartments available either. Even Massachusetts lacks that. I know a lady in Cape Anne who has been looking for a good apartment for months and can't find one. Such is life in a growing area.

Psychos are everywhere. Male, female, in between. Sex offenders too. And, guess what? Drugs are a problem in every state and county too.

Good luck in Portland, OR. Hope it's more exciting for you. The winters are certainly more mild there.

Oh believe me, I've looked at places more exciting as considerations or at least those with more a wealth of options. It still doesn't stop the fact that I saw NH and believes it does need some changing depending on what you talk about. People claim how this is such a progressive region yet some spots have crappy internet when you drive through them. I felt like I was in Deliverance at times, just go out toward DEMOCRATIC Keene you'll find it. Hell go past Concord 15 miles. Even if they don't totally duplicate Deliverance, it might as well be is the point. Spotty internet and phone service driving through, my GPS don't even work well, a lot of woods, dangerous driving in winter. So yea, where I thought I was cut out for in NH like Manchester or Nashua, turns out I Really wasn't or I couldn't get into them and be in the good locations. I came here to be closer to family, was reluctant to though but had to. Oh well, its almost over thank god.

But no, places with more going on is my thing. Theres just only so much I can afford so obviously I won't go to LA or NY. But do I like the idea of those kind of places in a cheaper package? you bet. I even had Las Vegas on my list as well. LV and Portland are within my budget. I grew up in MA, but rebelled where more people did not, lived out the status quo, got old, gray and white by 55 yrs old.. I have no interest to do that. I need to be stimulated, I am young for my age.. I still have more years to go and I don't want to waste them barely scraping by or getting level to the poverty line which some people will do if they stay in a region like this. Lets just call it what it is.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:24 PM

91 posts, read 70,535 times
Crappy Internet is common across America, which is a very large nation with lots of rural places. Doubly so when most of a state is hills and mountains. Phone use can indeed by spotty.

Remember, New England is a liberal region of the country. If you think things are old fashioned here avoid the Deep South where they still believe the Confederacy was a good idea. That's an area which actively detests the 20th century. (But, in a way, I agree. New England is an old place and we do love our historical towns, buildings and such. There's a quaintness, a quiet beauty, to 200+ year old houses, or a 150 year old wooden covered bridge.)

Old 10-12-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy View Post
Wow, enjoy leaching on your parents. I bet they just love having to provide food and lodging for someone who can't manage their own life. Good luck with life, kid.

HAHA very funny NOW RUN ON.. SCRAM! How you think you know me and all my details.. please. My goal is not to be provided for, I'm doing so for RECOVERY.. ever hear of it?

Old 10-12-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takingnames View Post
Crappy Internet is common across America, which is a very large nation with lots of rural places. Doubly so when most of a state is hills and mountains. Phone use can indeed by spotty.

Remember, New England is a liberal region of the country. If you think things are old fashioned here avoid the Deep South where they still believe the Confederacy was a good idea. That's an area which actively detests the 20th century. (But, in a way, I agree. New England is an old place and we do love our historical towns, buildings and such. There's a quaintness, a quiet beauty, to 200+ year old houses, or a 150 year old wooden covered bridge.)

I am not against those who believe the confederacy was a good idea, if they knew the true meaning of what the confederate flag was. It wasn't just slavery, the people who owned slaves were a very small % of Jewish elites, and their helpers. And guess who else contributed to slavery down there, Cherokees. AND the north had slavery too, they were called mills. Like the Lowell and Lawrence mills. Think there was anything humane about that??

And my point is that they should stop touting they're a liberal more democratic area out here when we damn well know not a lot of people are progressive, its false advertising, at least in the south, they say what they are and wear it more proud rather than putting on a front. All I am trying to say. And some people say ya MA passed gay marriage but have a long way to go in other areas.

South Florida and baby boomer and younger New England have some of the fakest people I ever come across I swear to god (not all but many) and closet materialistic as well in the case of NE. Just wear what you are proud so people know what to avoid, simple. Don't put a mask on. Don't claim you're not a racist, then turn around and live in the whitest area possible and lock your doors at night or claim to be "on my side", but can turn around and bite at any moment. Or soften up to me, but when the moment suits it, bite me, come out with an unexpected whiplash. I don't take kindly to that garbage. Its bush league and dirty play.

And one big advantage the south has, is friendly people and cheaper places to live. If I couldn't move to the Portland suburbs through family, I was going to eventually consider Arkansas, Alabama or Las Vegas to save my pocketbook and have more friendly people around, slum it, drink cheap beer but have a home, which I can't get here. So yea if this didn't come about, I would be strategizing on how to get to one of these places.

I got a redneck looking truck right now actually. I don't exactly fit in with all the newer cars here, just by automobile alone, nevermind personality and guess what, I don't care. Don't mistake what you see on the outside and think thats what I really am though or I must be some backwards hick because I drive an old small cab truck with the tailgate painted with rust.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:00 PM

787 posts, read 270,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingNewEngland View Post
I am not against those who believe the confederacy was a good idea, if they knew the true meaning of what the confederate flag was. It wasn't just slavery, the people who owned slaves were a very small % of Jewish elites, and their helpers. And guess who else contributed to slavery down there, Cherokees. AND the north had slavery too, they were called mills. Like the Lowell and Lawrence mills. Think there was anything humane about that??

And my point is that they should stop touting they're a liberal more democratic area out here when we damn well know not a lot of people are progressive, its false advertising, at least in the south, they say what they are and wear it more proud rather than putting on a front. All I am trying to say. And some people say ya MA passed gay marriage but have a long way to go in other areas.

South Florida and baby boomer and younger New England have some of the fakest people I ever come across I swear to god (not all but many) and closet materialistic as well in the case of NE. Just wear what you are proud so people know what to avoid, simple. Don't put a mask on. Don't claim you're not a racist, then turn around and live in the whitest area possible and lock your doors at night or claim to be "on my side", but can turn around and bite at any moment. Or soften up to me, but when the moment suits it, bite me, come out with an unexpected whiplash. I don't take kindly to that garbage. Its bush league and dirty play.

And one big advantage the south has, is friendly people and cheaper places to live. If I couldn't move to the Portland suburbs through family, I was going to eventually consider Arkansas, Alabama or Las Vegas to save my pocketbook and have more friendly people around, slum it, drink cheap beer but have a home, which I can't get here. So yea if this didn't come about, I would be strategizing on how to get to one of these places.

I got a redneck looking truck right now actually. I don't exactly fit in with all the newer cars here, just by automobile alone, nevermind personality and guess what, I don't care. Don't mistake what you see on the outside and think thats what I really am though or I must be some backwards hick because I drive an old small cab truck with the tailgate painted with rust.
Pal ,except for a few things I'm about as conservative as they come.You seem to be about as big a Sad Sac as they come. Lighten up , volunteer somewhere ,hike the woods. I think I saw you want to move to Portland Oregon ,Geesh buy a mask and join Antifa when you get there I think you will fit right in.

Old 10-12-2018, 10:38 PM
miu

16,532 posts, read 33,545,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingNewEngland View Post
People like you are the problem. You're an apologist for all the bad evil people out there who can still run amok. I am not your typical tenant. I DO keep the place up and do much more cleaning often times than the actual homeowner did! I Cared for it more, you dont know squat about me k and you're extremely judgemental and ignorant. Only time class segregation is good is when I don't have to be seen around those of the likes of you or these others but still gotta be reminded of it somehow. You judge every renter as if they destroy every property they go to. Its easily just as much the owners fault or even the trusted renter who interviews others especially when things aren't kept up. Do you not realize you just apologized for a registered sex offender just now? or a psycho who thought I'd murder her in her sleep because I had a gun and once got mad over being locked out.. She in fact would be the murderer if she felt unsafe for no good reason but cried victim, tried making me feel bad. Told me i was being disrespectful when she was antagonizing me. These are the types of people you're sticking up for miu. And for that I lose respect for you... bigly.
"I am not your typical tenant."

^^^ EXACTLY. You admit that you are not a typical tenant. In other words, you admit that good tenants like YOU are a rarity.

Otherwise, one of my friends works for an apartment management company doing repairs and maintenance for several large buildings in MA. And yes, tenants are mostly a nightmare. In particular, one tenant had to be evicted because they kept bringing bedbugs into the building... and theirs was not the only apartment getting invested with the bedbugs.

Otherwise, if one wants lower rents, then it's not worth a landlord spending extra money on premium appliances or other amenities. The OP wanted a luxury apartment experience for cheap and that was a very unrealistic goal to have.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:10 AM

164 posts, read 242,435 times
Wow, this character cannot leave new england fast enough, need help packing?

good luck oregon

Old 10-14-2018, 07:04 PM

3,782 posts, read 6,758,212 times
If you think "Progressive" Portland will have a lower incidence of kooks, psychos, weirdos, alkies, druggies, good luck.

You might consider changing your technique for finding a residence.

Old 10-15-2018, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
If you think "Progressive" Portland will have a lower incidence of kooks, psychos, weirdos, alkies, druggies, good luck.

You might consider changing your technique for finding a residence.
Every place has their compromises, I never said they didn't.. its just some places bore me to tears and suck exceptionally if they're in the wrong location, have the wrong vibe etc etc. Cape Cod is for sure one of those. I can't stand it out here since I kinda been forced to be here after a rental mishap in Nashua. I am deathly bored to tears, no good places to go, its all touristy garbage. I don't like the exurbs. I don't like the fact I'd have to drive an hour or more in any direction to get anywhere good. This place isn't for a single 38 yr old like me. Of course Portlands way better in comparison.. its no contest. I knew for the longest time I never liked Cape Cod. I got bored here even visiting 20 years ago now just about. After 3-4 hours I wanted to head back home. Those are the fondest memories I have of this place. Getting bored mad easy. I think they tried so hard to make this a "living" place when it damn well isn't. I am surprised no severe rebellions ever went on down here other than people pathetically doing drugs to themselves. Its an oppressive culture... throughout Massachusetts is oppressive, and people in here can certainly relate to that. I looked at NH as the lesser evil for sure overall but neither one ended up working in the end.

I can see what outsiders go through when they don't think we're the friendliest lot in NE, they don't just make that stuff up, its really true. We're home to some of the worst drivers, ruthless people, skinflint slumlords, fairweather sports fans. It makes me never want to come back ever again. Seriously. FL rivals us in being in the top worst list. I would say avoid FL, MA, and NH, ME, VT, CT, RI, although I liked my visits to Providence any that I've had. Any good NE once was, is going down the toilet. California might be the first one to be falling but y'all ain't far behind. Enjoy deep freezes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or