Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 09:56 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times

Advertisements

Alert to anybody in the Lincoln NH area there is a new Sushi/Thai place to eat called Thai 9. Located right across from the Lincoln town hall on Main street and the place is simply to die for There is also another Bella Funk locacted in Lincoln and oh man the clothes they show are just amazing. The girls that own the stores are wonderful and your dog is welcome Just wanted to add this for people traveling in the area especially since nicer weather is here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 06:32 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Default Littleton Food Co-op now open!

The food co-op in Littleton is now open for those 'scoping out' the area or visiting. We checked it out yesterday and found it to be quite pleasing....DH was especially thrilled - He hasn't been able to find Wheatena in the Shaw's up here and he loves it.....The co-op carries it! Made him a very happy camper

Littleton Consumer Cooperative Society, Inc., Littleton NH (http://www.littletoncoop.org/store_opening.php - broken link)

Old 05-16-2009, 06:35 PM

I have got to check out the co-op. I heard (very reliable source) they have a large specialty beer section for those that are into that.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:38 PM

522 posts, read 715,232 times
Concord NH the town that rocks the cradle rules the state. Oh please Exeter? Exeter is one of the snobbiest towns in the state along with New London and Hanover. New London is the geriatric nursing home for the rich and not so famous.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:40 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I have got to check out the co-op. I heard (very reliable source) they have a large specialty beer section for those that are into that.
We liked it - very clean, the produce was MUCH fresher than at Shaw's. There's a little area with tables and chairs and coffee, so you can sit and chat, make out a list, whatever. Everyone was very friendly. I think the "official grand opening" is later in the month, but it is open now. I don't drink beer, so I can't comment on that section of the store

Old 05-16-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
We liked it - very clean, the produce was MUCH fresher than at Shaw's. There's a little area with tables and chairs and coffee, so you can sit and chat, make out a list, whatever. Everyone was very friendly. I think the "official grand opening" is later in the month, but it is open now. I don't drink beer, so I can't comment on that section of the store
I have always liked the idea of some tables and chairs but Shaws management has balked and said they couldn't do it and would need a special license I don't understand we have chairs at the pharmacy so I don't understand the difference Since Shaws is now owned by a huge chain some of the management decisions are really dumb

Old 05-19-2009, 05:14 AM

53 posts, read 130,580 times
They need to lower their prices or they will NOT make it.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
They need to lower their prices or they will NOT make it.
Shaws or the co-op?

Old 05-19-2009, 05:40 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Shaws has very high prices for many food items compared to other grocery stores and wholesale stores IMO.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:06 AM

53 posts, read 130,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Shaws or the co-op?
The Co-op. I found them very expensive, and their selection wasn't much different from Shaw's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Shaws has very high prices for many food items compared to other grocery stores and wholesale stores IMO.
Yes, I agree (and the Courier did an article showing that the Littleton Shaw's has some of the highest prices among Shaw's stores in the state), but the Co-op was higher for most items. Part of the reason there was such enthusiasm about having a second grocery store in Littleton was that it might put pressure on Shaw's to have more competitive prices, but in order for that to happen, the new store has to set a standard. The Co-op isn't doing it.

There are no warehouse stores within reasonable shopping distance, though there's a Wal Mart with a small grocery section in Littleton, and a Super Wal Mart about twenty minutes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire