Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 05:46 PM

53 posts, read 130,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Has anybody already been here and what did they think?
I haven't been there since they opened in the new location, nor did I ever eat there when they were at Adair, but I ate there quite a few times when they were in their first Littleton location and the food was absolutely fantastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 05:18 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Unhappy Will be leaving Littleton and NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Thanks for the heads up on all that Dare! Hope all is well and fine!

Would you know of any greenhouse grown produce around Littleton?
Hi Comet - Sandbar, Aptor, Slalom and others who know this area will have to be your source of info on Littleton from here on out......Unfortunately with the economic climate up here and family that need us, we need to relocate ASAP, sell our house, and move back to NY where the jobs are more plentiful and pay better and where the family that needs us are located.

We've really enjoyed our time in Littleton. Unfortunately, even though I have been able to carry the expenses with my job, it leaves little time for anything else and DH's job, while relatively "safe" right now, just doesn't pay enough for us to be able to take off and help out the family without dipping into our emergency fund, which I refuse to do while owning a house.

The people in Littleton have been very good to us. The area is a wonderful place to live and we will miss it. I'm sure we'll still be here for one last Summerfest, but we'll need to be back in NY before the Main Street Project is completed. Hopefully someone will be able to post pictures of the completed project, so I can see how nice it looks once completed.

We know that this is not a good time to sell the house, but hopefully the "house selling gods" will be with us....if not, we're not sure what we'll do. I've said many times that I believe things happen for a reason, so now I just need to trust that things will work out.

Obviously, we have a lot to do and I need to "keep up the pace" at work, so I won't be around much. I wish everyone well here, both in Littleton and in NH. It's a great state and Littleton is terrific, as well. Littleton seems to be "positioning itself" for when the economy picks up, unfortunately it won't be happening soon enough for us....we'll miss it here....

DareToDream

Old 05-28-2009, 05:22 AM

Default Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
Hi Mr Comet! The only Greenhouse Farm I know of is near Berlin called The Round Table Farm? I think they do have produce? Well I should say that is what our RE person told us.
Hi sandbar - I'm sorry we didn't get to meet while we were here - I'm going to put you in charge of taking pictures of the completed Main Street Project, so I can see it from afar!

I had my camera with me the other day, but there's not much to take pictures of right now - just a lot of sewer and road work right now, so I didn't bother......The Opera House is having its grand opening today, but I won't be able to get down there to take pictures - it looks great from the outside and what I've seen of the inside (on the local access channel) looks great, too! It will be a really nice addition to the community!

Old 05-28-2009, 07:10 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Hi Comet - Sandbar, Aptor, Slalom and others who know this area will have to be your source of info on Littleton from here on out......Unfortunately with the economic climate up here and family that need us, we need to relocate ASAP, sell our house, and move back to NY where the jobs are more plentiful and pay better and where the family that needs us are located.

We've really enjoyed our time in Littleton. Unfortunately, even though I have been able to carry the expenses with my job, it leaves little time for anything else and DH's job, while relatively "safe" right now, just doesn't pay enough for us to be able to take off and help out the family without dipping into our emergency fund, which I refuse to do while owning a house.

The people in Littleton have been very good to us. The area is a wonderful place to live and we will miss it. I'm sure we'll still be here for one last Summerfest, but we'll need to be back in NY before the Main Street Project is completed. Hopefully someone will be able to post pictures of the completed project, so I can see how nice it looks once completed.

We know that this is not a good time to sell the house, but hopefully the "house selling gods" will be with us....if not, we're not sure what we'll do. I've said many times that I believe things happen for a reason, so now I just need to trust that things will work out.

Obviously, we have a lot to do and I need to "keep up the pace" at work, so I won't be around much. I wish everyone well here, both in Littleton and in NH. It's a great state and Littleton is terrific, as well. Littleton seems to be "positioning itself" for when the economy picks up, unfortunately it won't be happening soon enough for us....we'll miss it here....

DareToDream
DareToDream,

I wish you the best as you move.
NH is a great state

Old 05-28-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
DareToDream,

I wish you the best as you move.
NH is a great state
Thank you GraniteStater - Yes, NH is a GREAT state and perhaps if we were in the more central or southern area where the jobs seem to be more "prevelant" it would have worked out better for us. We definitely don't regret the time spent in NH and we have met many really terrific people, both in person and here on the forum!

Old 05-28-2009, 04:52 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Dare, Good luck with your move. You have been a definate asset to this forum. Thanks

Old 05-28-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Dare, Good luck with your move. You have been a definate asset to this forum. Thanks
Thank you Ken, that's very nice to hear - too bad you couldn't have moved back "home" before we leave.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:07 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
Waaahhhh!! Dare's Leaving! http://bestsmileys.com/crying/1.gif (broken link)

(you know I only wish you the best on moving back to NY)

Old 05-28-2009, 08:05 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Awwww Dare, I'm so sorry to hear that you're leaving New Hampshire. I sure hear you though, you've got to do what you need to do, especially when family is involved. Hmmmm... hopefully we won't start seeing posts from an ex-NH resident who lived in Littleton, and busy slamming NH at every post and singing praises of wonderful NY! Know what I mean?? LOL!!! Anyway, I'm glad you'll be able to enjoy one last summerfest before you have to go... and always remember no matter where you are, there is always a spot for ya here

Last edited by Valerie C; 05-28-2009 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: saw a spelling error

Old 05-28-2009, 08:41 PM

23 posts, read 45,232 times
Dare,
I am sorry to hear you are leaving. You have posted some great info. I was hoping to meet you when we finally get there. I wish you the best for you and your family. My escrow has been extended a few weeks so condo has not sold yet. We still need to put my husband's house on the market. There is so much cleaning up to do. He was a bachlor for so long and being out in the boonies it's easier to collect stuff (junk). I was hoping to get to Littleton and start taking the pictures of the downtown renovation, but things take time.... I look forward to hearing your posts about NY. Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire