U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-08-2009, 10:13 AM

1,249 posts, read 1,829,289 times
Smile Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarcreek View Post
Comet you are too funny!

Do you or anyone know of a good reputable Guided Hunting Tour Outfit up here around the mountains Woodstock area?

I want to get my husband a surprise gift. Thanks
Hi Sandbar! Your husband is very fortunate to have such a thoughtful wife! The only guided hunting outfit I am familiar with is in southwestern New Hampshire. Welcome to Grey's Outfitting

A friend of mine used them last year when he came back here to visit and was very pleased. However, you may want someone local near Woodstock.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 10:25 AM

14,965 posts, read 19,682,705 times
MADISON, NH.

I have to stop at the Pit BBQ place in West Ossipee along the way!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:35 AM

1,249 posts, read 1,829,289 times
Default Hanover

Hanover IMHO is a very beautifully situated town located on the east bank of the COnn RIver. I once considered living there and still may invest however, I would hope many would consider moving there to take back the town and get involved with the community Dartmouth. Dartmouth certainly needs to be "Balanced and Checked", as IMHO it catteres more to foreign students than to Americans who have a legitamite quest for higher education.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:44 AM

5 posts, read 5,557 times
I will probably end up visiting Hanover very soon. Are there visit-worthy places to see in Hanover? Any restaurant/food recommendations? Historical places?

And as for the current state of Dartmouth - this is exactly why I will not consider any colleges which are not independent of federal funding (like Hillsdale, for example).

Old 09-13-2009, 09:12 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,813,485 times
My daughter lives in Dover but that is probably larger than the type of town you are looking for. Check out the towns that are served by Oyster River HS. I think there are three of them.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:58 PM

34 posts, read 52,698 times
I live in the beautiful town of Wilmot! however New London, where my kids go to school is the type of town you are describing !

Old 09-13-2009, 01:11 PM

4,551 posts, read 5,823,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynot67 View Post
I live in the beautiful town of Wilmot! however New London, where my kids go to school is the type of town you are describing !

Describe it!! I do love love this shop in New London!!! Serendipity Boutique: New London (NH) New Hampshire

Old 09-19-2009, 08:13 PM

53 posts, read 73,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
The Co-op. I found them very expensive, and their selection wasn't much different from Shaw's.
I want to quote myself from a few months ago and update this to say that during the summer, it seems as though the Co-op has really found its niche; though some prices remain high, they now feature great specials, and I find shopping there to be a really enjoyable experience. I make a point of going there fairly often now, and am impressed by the way they've sort of come into themselves over the summer. They're a welcome addition!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:13 PM

257 posts, read 364,151 times
Seabrook is a nice town, but I'd have to say that it reminds me of Amity from JAWS.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:00 PM

141 posts, read 178,810 times
Smile Fall Colors Woodstock, Bethlehem & Littleton

It is such pleasure to experience the beautiful Fall Colors around these areas!

I am planning on visiting Portsmouth with my husband at the end of this month and hope there will be lots of fall foliage to enjoy!

How are your fall colors doing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire