Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 04:21 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times

Advertisements

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS GREAT THREAD

& POST!

THANK YOU FOR THESE BEAUTIFUL & KIND

WORDS! How thoughtful of YOU! Very NICE, "COMET"!

And YES, maybe we could ALL go into the DINER deal together LOL!

That would be a lot of FUN, and quite an adventure! I could also

be the official taster LOL!

Take good care "COMET"!

Have a GREAT DAY everyone!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Countrylv22 you are a wonderful soul! Thanks for the kind words! By the way, maybe I could open my diner in a small town like everyone has described. Maybe a few of us will want to go in on it together!

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-18-2008 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: THANKS "COMET"!:0) PEACE & BLESSINGS EVERYONE!!:0)SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 09:18 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS GREAT THREAD

& POST!

THANK YOU FOR THESE BEAUTIFUL & KIND

WORDS! How thoughtful of YOU! Very NICE, "COMET"!

And YES, maybe we could ALL go into the DINER deal together LOL!

That would be a lot of FUN, and quite an adventure! I could also

be the official taster LOL!

Take good care "COMET"!

Have a GREAT DAY everyone!

Countrylv22
Thanks so much Countrylv22! Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants! I think if we could get a few like minded people we could really have a blast. I was thinking of calling it the Red & Blue Diner. Half of the diner would be painted Red and the Other half Blue. You and I would be on the Red side and maybe we could talk Rmcewan into sitting on the Blue side! Kinda would be a satire on politics!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:44 PM

69 posts, read 235,828 times
I use to work in New Hampton but it's been about 12 years since I've been there, Pemigewasset River flows directly through town and it is quite rural. It is however, very beautiful in the fall and winter.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:01 AM

259 posts, read 988,089 times
Default Please add more criteria to what "small town" qualities concern you

The movie + screenplay Our Town was writen around rural life in the Peterborough/ Jaffrey area of 1901 + 1920 respectively, renamed Grovers Corners. Most of N.H. is not quite that quaint these days. Recent influx of urbanited('keep to themselves types') + socially secluded communities created by housing developments have led to less integated social life. Typically those housing developments are named after whatever natural resources were decimated to build them like 'Deer meadow' or 'elm grove'.
In general I'd suggest the Peterborough area north to and beyond I89 and west /north of Concord/ Manchester/ concord areas. Excluded areas tend to be bedroom communities for those commuting to work seminly not finding the time to integrate themselves to their new community, through civic groups and small town activities.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftLadyKim View Post
I use to work in New Hampton but it's been about 12 years since I've been there, Pemigewasset River flows directly through town and it is quite rural. It is however, very beautiful in the fall and winter.
Yes CraftLadyKim!, I have been to New Hampton and also did stop by a neat little Diner called Bobbies Girl. Food and service were great. Actually this is a tourist town and during the summer it is really hopping! Would recommend all to check out the town. There is also the New Hampton Private School as well.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:01 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times
Talking Hello COMET!! COOL!!

THANKS FOR YOUR POST "COMET"!!

LOL! LOL! LOL! You are so funny! LOL!

I think that it would be a lot of fun!! Or we could call it the RED, WHITE &

BLUE DINER And that way, if people want to be neutral, they can sit on

the white side And we could also have the flag as part of the deal

THANK YOU for ALL of your KIND words "COMET" and for making me laugh!

LOL!

Take good care,

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Thanks so much Countrylv22! Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants! I think if we could get a few like minded people we could really have a blast. I was thinking of calling it the Red & Blue Diner. Half of the diner would be painted Red and the Other half Blue. You and I would be on the Red side and maybe we could talk Rmcewan into sitting on the Blue side! Kinda would be a satire on politics!

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-21-2008 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0) HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE!:0)

Old 04-21-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
THANKS FOR YOUR POST "COMET"!!

LOL! LOL! LOL! You are so funny! LOL!

I think that it would be a lot of fun!! Or we could call it the RED, WHITE &

BLUE DINER And that way, if people want to be neutral, they can sit on

the white side And we could also have the flag as part of the deal

THANK YOU for ALL of your KIND words "COMET" and for making me laugh!

LOL!

Take good care,

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

Countrylv22
Countrylv22 I could just see every one in the diner beginning to argue about politics and global warming and then a food fight will break out! Pies will be thrown and what a riot it will be!

Old 04-22-2008, 04:42 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Quote:
Countrylv22 I could just see every one in the diner beginning to argue about politics and global warming and then a food fight will break out! Pies will be thrown and what a riot it will be!
Comet - Will the pies be sold as the "food fight special"??????

Old 04-22-2008, 10:03 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Food Fight!!!! I am so there. I dont need to talk politics, I will just join in. There is nothing quite as exhilerating(sp?) as a good food fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Comet - Will the pies be sold as the "food fight special"??????

Old 04-22-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Food Fight!!!! I am so there. I dont need to talk politics, I will just join in. There is nothing quite as exhilerating(sp?) as a good food fight.
Countrylv22, Suzet2262, DaretoDream and everyone else, Yes it would be wonderful to say one night a month we can have like a pie throwing contest and yours truly will be the target if we can raise money for a good charity! The pie thrower would buy(purchase price to be donated) the pie and from a distance of 8 feet, if they can land one on me then I match the price of the pie for the selected charity. All I request is please no pomegranate pies! They would be real messy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire