Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2008, 09:33 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
I THINK THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ENJOY "COMET"S

DINER!!

Just by looking at the menu I believe it will be a success!!

Thanks for your post WANNA COME HOME!

TAKE CARE & HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

Countrylv22
Thank you Countrylv22!

Maybe or could we take a poll on which town would be best for a small town Diner. Milford? or?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 07:54 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times
Talking Hello COMET! THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST!!!!

GREAT IDEA COMET!

WHAT TOWN WOULD MOST PEOPLE LIKE TO SEE THE

"RED, WHITE, BLUE" DINER OPEN??

MILFORD or ????

I will post my preference shortly. I am still torn between a couple of

places

Take care veryone,

Have a GREAT day!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Thank you Countrylv22!

Maybe or could we take a poll on which town would be best for a small town Diner. Milford? or?

Last edited by countrylv22; 05-12-2008 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: GREAT INPUT EVERYONE!:0) ATTITUDE IS KEY IN LIFE!:0) SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU! :0) PEACE!:0)

Old 05-18-2008, 02:22 PM

Talking Hello Lisa!!

LOL! LOL!

Sounds like a plan LISA!!

We will ALL be eating there!! YUMMY!!

Take care,

Have a great weekend everyone!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Hey, if you start a diner in Milford, can I apply for a job there? I'd eat there at the very least!

Last edited by countrylv22; 05-18-2008 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: WE NEED VALERIE TO POST THE PICTURE OF THE DINER HERE!:0) LOL! SMILE EVERYONE! :0)

Old 05-18-2008, 02:31 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
I raised my kids in Belmont NH (just outside of Laconia) that was some 35 or 40 years ago and it was very much as you describe. The kids could leave in the AM and come home for lunch or eat at a friends house....and come home for supper and then go out till the street lights came on. It was safe and very much a home town. Band concerts at the band stand; taps at the bridge after the Memorial Day parade while a bouquet of lilacs got tossed into the Tiogue River; folks who moved away returned for "Old Home Day" celebration. It wasnt a snooty tourist town and was the butt of the jokes in the area where many had more money and education.....but it lived up to it's motto "Belmont, Best little town by a dam site."

I believe the dam in now gone and the town has had its share of problems with delinquency and drugs etc. but it was a great place to raise a family.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 PM

880 posts, read 2,861,026 times
I used to live in Bedford and found that to be a small town America kind of place. Same for Milford, Amherst, and Golfstown.

Old 05-20-2008, 11:54 PM

Talking Hello! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

COOL SCREEN NAME!

Welcome to the NH forum!

Great input!

Thanks!

Take care,

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudewiththeplan View Post
I used to live in Bedford and found that to be a small town America kind of place. Same for Milford, Amherst, and Golfstown.

Last edited by countrylv22; 05-20-2008 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: GREAT THREAD & POSTS!! :0) PLEASE KEEP THE POSTS COMING! :0)

Old 05-21-2008, 01:14 PM

880 posts, read 2,861,026 times
Thanks Wish I were back in NH!

Old 05-22-2008, 07:51 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudewiththeplan View Post
Thanks Thedudewiththeplan! Probably many locations in NH still retain a lot of the small town quaintness.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 8,748 times
Default Alstead...not much of *anything* there

This is probably a bit late, since you posted this at the beginning of the month. But here's my 2 cents:

My parents moved to Alstead some years ago from Connecticut (my Dad grew up in NH and wanted to go back). I grew up in rural NW CT...it was 15 - 20 minute drive to get milk kinda rural, so you don't think I'm a complete city gal. When I say there is not much of anything in Alstead proper, I mean almost nothing. I think there is a country store that is in Alstead proper, a couple of very small antique shops, churches, and a gun store. During the flooding some of these may have been wiped out but I don't know. Otherwise you have to go to Keene, which is very nice and would probably be the better place for a business.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR WONDERFUL & KIND

POSTS! I have truly ENJOYED all of them!

I think ALSTEAD, seems to be a NICE & quaint place, its close to Keene

Maybe someone else can give their opinion on it!

Thank you so much for EVERYTHING COMET!

Take care,

Have a great day everyone

Countrylv22

Old 05-28-2008, 03:24 PM

Talking HELLO THERE CTto? !!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT!!!

I did not realize it was that SMALL ......LOL!

Thank you so much!!!Still looking for the IDEAL location!!

PLEASE KEEP THE IDEAS & INPUT COMING!!!

Take care,

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTto? View Post
This is probably a bit late, since you posted this at the beginning of the month. But here's my 2 cents:

My parents moved to Alstead some years ago from Connecticut (my Dad grew up in NH and wanted to go back). I grew up in rural NW CT...it was 15 - 20 minute drive to get milk kinda rural, so you don't think I'm a complete city gal. When I say there is not much of anything in Alstead proper, I mean almost nothing. I think there is a country store that is in Alstead proper, a couple of very small antique shops, churches, and a gun store. During the flooding some of these may have been wiped out but I don't know. Otherwise you have to go to Keene, which is very nice and would probably be the better place for a business.

Good luck!

Last edited by countrylv22; 05-28-2008 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0) :0) PEACE EVERYONE! :0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire