Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 01:34 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times

Advertisements

Hmmm now I think that the police may have moved into there new building. The Main Street reconstruction is still moving right along and will be for awhile, but, I think it will be worth it. Places like Cheng Thai have a back door and parking in the back A new place to eat is opening in the Beal House real soon.

I have to say my husband and I had a super brunch a Rosa Flamingos in Bethleham. They have a jazz brunch with outside dining and believe it or not it was only cloudy Food was wonderful and it attracted quite a nice crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 05:51 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Hi Dare! Hope you are having a great summer. I hope to post some on here very soon, as I have been doing the summer thing with the family. How is NY

New Hampshire is very very wet but at least it cools off nice sometimes!
Hi Comet - NY is, well, NY! <G> The state's senate has put on quite a circus and should be ashamed of themselves and should all be voted out next time around!

Other than that, it's nice to be around family and long-time friends again. DH hasn't had to work full-time, he's picking up side jobs and doing some "renovation" type work for the landlord and making more than he did in NH and it is nowhere near as physically draining on him, so that's good. He'll be up in Franconia in July, doing the sound for most of the "Jerry Jam." After that, he'll most likely start working full-time - at least in this area there are a lot of places hiring, so that's good!

We've had quite a few rainy days, as well, but we've also had a lot of sunny ones.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:55 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Hmmm now I think that the police may have moved into there new building. The Main Street reconstruction is still moving right along and will be for awhile, but, I think it will be worth it. Places like Cheng Thai have a back door and parking in the back A new place to eat is opening in the Beal House real soon.

I have to say my husband and I had a super brunch a Rosa Flamingos in Bethleham. They have a jazz brunch with outside dining and believe it or not it was only cloudy Food was wonderful and it attracted quite a nice crowd.
Hi Aptor - I think they police were supposed to move into the new building the end of June/beginning of July, but I wasn't sure if it was still "on target." I'm sure the renovation of Main Street will be worth it, hopefully the merchants are all weathering the construction well!

We ate at Rosa Flamingos a couple of times and always enjoyed it there. How's John doing with his new place for Alburritos? The night DH played there, I really liked his new place! <g>

Old 07-12-2009, 07:37 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Hi Aptor - I think they police were supposed to move into the new building the end of June/beginning of July, but I wasn't sure if it was still "on target." I'm sure the renovation of Main Street will be worth it, hopefully the merchants are all weathering the construction well!

We ate at Rosa Flamingos a couple of times and always enjoyed it there. How's John doing with his new place for Alburritos? The night DH played there, I really liked his new place! <g>
I have not been to Alburritos but I need to go there. I have heard only wonderful things about it!!!

Old 08-22-2009, 04:03 PM

141 posts, read 282,543 times
Smile Fall Colors

As this is our first official fall season in NH, We were told that one would actually find the most wonderful fall colors south of the White mountains or even more so near the Conn River??? Would appreciate feedback on which small towns are the most impressive with regard to the fall colors. Hope everyone had a great summer!

Old 08-23-2009, 06:47 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,247 times
Nice to see this thread revived The Monadnock region is really beautiful in the fall...

Old 08-26-2009, 10:17 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,636 times
Smile Small Towns with Fall Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Nice to see this thread revived The Monadnock region is really beautiful in the fall...
Nice to see you here Sandbar and Lisa!!! Did you have a great summer?

Yes the Monadnock region is so beautiful with plush blankets of fall colors! Also I personally like it at Mont Vernon and Henniker. Truly your most typical New England Fall. New London is wonderful too, but the trees are not as prolific as you would see in Hancock or Hanover.

Dare how are you???? New York State also has the most beautiful colors beginning now.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:59 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,247 times
Hi Comet, nice to see you too! Summer here could more accurately be called 'home repair season' but I am looking forward to Fall. Mont Vernon and Henniker sound like they are worthy of a fall drive. I will have to check them out.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:06 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
I also recommend Hancock and Stoddard near Lake Nubanusit for great fall foliage. However, I am concerned that are will be impacted negatively this fall due to the ice storm last winter. I'm not sure.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:25 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,636 times
Smile Frost and Ice Storms

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I also recommend Hancock and Stoddard near Lake Nubanusit for great fall foliage. However, I am concerned that are will be impacted negatively this fall due to the ice storm last winter. I'm not sure.
Lake Nubanusit truly has such wonderful photographic layouts during the fall months. However, Like GraniteStater mentioned it will be interesting to see how confused our trees are this year. Actually I am seeing some previews of good colors by way of Exeter. I know many of us in New Hampshire will always mention the Conn. River, Hancock, New London and so on but the coastal towns or just in a bit like Exeter really are worth seeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire