U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
 
Location: small town in the mountains, WA
248 posts, read 716,531 times
Reputation: 250

Advertisements

Countrylv, I have to agree with what everyone has said about you - your colorful, positive posts can bring a smile to anyone's face! You truley are a great assest to this forum- <b>THANK YOU SO MUCH! </b>

As for Suzet, thank you for taking the time to thank Countrylv, that is very sweet and considerate of you You too, are such an amazing assest to this forum and a fantastic moderator!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2008, 03:11 PM
 
1,384 posts, read 3,962,848 times
Reputation: 1512
Ok, I'll agree w/you, that Aerosmith is the rockin'est, Bry, but only *early* Aerosmith rocks. I'm talking strictly pre-Jamie's got a gun years. Count me as one of their die hard fans who can't justify their songs since then.
We all know of their lake sunapee roots, right? At least I've read that's where Tyler met Perry...an appropriately NH topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 03:30 PM
 
Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,519 posts, read 4,931,614 times
Reputation: 4251
Talking Hello "BRYFRY"! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!

THANKS FOR YOUR POST MY FRIEND!

"BRYFRY",

I knew you were a great musician WOW! WOW! WOW! but now I know

you really really KNOW your music!! And that is SUPER COOL!!!

I LOVE MUSIC, I LOVE ROCK, BLUES, and some JAZZ

I LOVE the GUITAR, DRUMS, and the SAXOPHONE

And I really look forward to hearing you play different types of music

And I am sooo looking forward to having our get together one day

Its going to be so much fun!!! OUR PURPLE PARTY GET TOGETHER!!

WOOHOO!!! "BRYFRY" you ROCK!!!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING "BRY"!!


You guys are the BEST!!!

THANK YOU again, to "SUZETTE" for starting this thread, and THANK YOU

to ALL my NH friends for making it so much FUN I can already

see us ALL getting together in the near future with PURPLE FOODS,

PURPLE DRINKS, PURPLE HAIR PURPLE MUSIC LOL! LOL!

THANK YOU ALL, for ALL of the laughs LOL!

KEEP THE LAUGHS COMING!!!LOL! LOL! I AM ENJOYING IT ALL!!

LOL! LOL! LOL!

HAPPY FRIDAY MY FRIENDS!!

Take gentle care

I LUV YOU GUYS!!! (((HUGS))) TO EVERYONE!!

Countrylv22 from the "MOTHERSHIP" watching you ALL


Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
OK, Mom, here's the deal:
Steve Perry is not an original member. There were three albums by Journey before Perry joined (I have the first six). They were mostly a progressive/fusion based group with Neal Schon (lead guitar), Gregg Rolie (keyboards), Aynsley Dunbar (drums), and Ross Valory (bass). Album sales were terrible and they added frontman Robert Fleischman (who wrote "Wheel in the Sky"). He was fired within a year and they hired Steve Perry prior to Infinity. Obviously it was a good choice and so it went. Drummer Dunbar didn't get along with Perry and was replaced by Steve Smith prior the Evolution album, their fifth effort. So there you have it.

I will play all of the others you mentioned in a heartbeat (Stuff by Queen is the most difficult to play, Aerosmith is the most rockin'est, and Cheap Trick is the most fun!)

Before this thread changes into musical tastes, I think it's up to countrylv22 to decide. It's about her and she should be the one to pick, eh?

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-11-2008 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: TKS 2 "SUZET""BRYFRY""DTD""BOO""NH2NCMOM""VAL"LISA,NICOLE,"JMX""SKY""COMET""WIMU""DZMJP":)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 03:47 PM
 
1,384 posts, read 3,962,848 times
Reputation: 1512
Country, I'm relieved to see you here....I was feeling like a heel chatting about music on your post! Hope you're having a wonderful Friday, and that you're listening to something funky right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 04:14 PM
 
Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,519 posts, read 4,931,614 times
Reputation: 4251
Talking Hello Lisa!! Thank You!!

Oh, LISA, not at all

I have really ENJOYED every single post, even the Donny Osmond ones

LOL! LOL! And like you said, talking about AEROSMITH, has something

to do with NH!! WOOHOO!!!

Please do not even say it, or think about it!! This thread is for ALL

of US!! And like I said before, I LOVE MUSIC

And LIVE music even better

Anyway, we can ALL keep talking about it, its COOL!! And FUN!!

Its a way for us to keep DREAMING of the DAY we will ALL be in NH

And how much FUN it will be to meet each other!!! I cannot wait!!

By the way, I actually met Steven Tyler, up close and personal

as he was enjoying another ROCK concert himself (he was in the

audience) I have met other famous people, but this guy seemed really

down to earth & approachable!


THANKS LISA!! FOR EVERYTHING!!

You guys are always putting a SMILE on my face!!

And now, lets continue talking about the music that we will be having at our

GET TOGETHER Or better put, the music that "BRYFRY" will be KIND enough

to share with US!! WOOHOO!! OUR PURPLE PARTY!!

And , YES LISA, I am listening to some music right now!!

Take good care everyone!!

Have a GREAT DAY & WEEKEND!!!

(((HUGS)))

Countrylv22



Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Country, I'm relieved to see you here....I was feeling like a heel chatting about music on your post! Hope you're having a wonderful Friday, and that you're listening to something funky right now!

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-11-2008 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: Thanks 2 SUZET!Lisa,DTD"BRYFRY"Nicole"JMX"BOO",DZMJP,WIMU,"VAL",SKY""Comet"NH2NCMOM,U ALL ROCK!:0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 09:01 PM
 
Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,519 posts, read 4,931,614 times
Reputation: 4251
Talking Hello DZMJP!!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST!!

I truly appreciate your KIND words & message!!

I am glad that I could bring a SMILE to your face! I feel touched & humbled

by what you have said as well as what all of my NH friends have

contributed to this!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION to this

thread and to this FORUM!!!

Hopefully we will ALL be able to get together in the future!!!

WOOHOOO!!! NEW HAMPSHIRE FORUM FRIENDS ROCK!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

GOOD LUCK with your FUTURE move to NH as well!!

Take good care,

Have a great day everyone!

Countrylv22



Quote:
Originally Posted by dzmjp View Post
Countrylv, I have to agree with what everyone has said about you - your colorful, positive posts can bring a smile to anyone's face! You truley are a great assest to this forum- <b>THANK YOU SO MUCH! </b>

As for Suzet, thank you for taking the time to thank Countrylv, that is very sweet and considerate of you You too, are such an amazing assest to this forum and a fantastic moderator!

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-12-2008 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: Thanks 2 Suzet"BRYFRY"BOO"Lisa"DTD"SKY"VAL"WIMU"JMX"DZMJP"NH2NCMOM"COMET"NICOLE"U ALL ROCK!:0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 09:59 PM
 
Location: ~~In my mind~~
2,111 posts, read 6,218,339 times
Reputation: 1622
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Oh, Suzet! Really? Oh, man......really? Steve Perry? He actually ruined Journey. They used to be a great band before his ego walked in the door. I suppose you want to hear Faithfully?

Oh, all right. Only because it's you. I wouldn't do it for anyone else though. You and my sister probably had pictures of him in your lockers. Probably right next to Shaun Cassidy.

Lmao...actually I was in total love with David Cassiday.

Oh and dont hold back how you feel about Steve..lmao. You are totally correct in your run down of the band, with the small exception, Perry can really rock the house!! That man can sing. Ego or not, he can seduce, *cough* I mean sing to me anytime with that voice...
Faithfully isnt my fave Journey song. Hmmm, let me think about which song is. I love Still they ride. I like...Its just the rain. Of course I like Suzanne, haha I can imagine he is sayin Suzette...lmao. Hey its a crush kinda thing, all you girls know what I am talking about..LOL.

On my Ipod, I have music from the 60s', 70s' and some 80's. I just dont like much of the music these days.

Here is my ALL Time Favorite song....Closer to Home by Grand Funk. I even want it played at my funeral. And have given such instructions. The song means so much to me. The second all time fav is Peter Framptons Lines on my face.

Country, that is sooo cool you met Steven Tyler. Aerosmith is amazing. Your welcome for the thread!!! I am really enjoying reading it. I am so sorry I kinda hijacked it, but us Steve P fans have to defend him!! I do agree since this is countrys threads, she should have the final say about the music
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 11:09 PM
 
Location: Southern New Hampshire
4,542 posts, read 11,752,396 times
Reputation: 4107
Default yeah, way off topic but we still luv you country! Thank you for letting us talk music on your thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
I suppose you want to hear Faithfully?
I think this is too funny, and reminds me of something funny from way back when. I used to know this guy who was really REALLY into The Grateful Dead. A Deadhead for sure, and of course the only song I had heard of or knew by the band was Touch of Grey (Gray?). But I didn't know that THAT song is absolutely HATED by true Grateful Dead fans, probably because it's one of their very few "radio songs" that the non-deadhead (wanna-be's) knew. Of course once I started listening to the band and hearing the great jams (he had so many concert cassettes you've never seen anything like it...) I sort of got it... Then, many years later when Dave Matthews Band started playing outside of Virginia, doing the college campus gigs, I started listening to their music, going to shows, collecting and trading shows, comparing setlists, etc. I realized that "I" had become that music snob with disdain for "radio fans" who only know the DMB songs that are played on the radio... Going to concerts and seeing the teenyboppers dancing to "Crash Into Me" and then leaving to do whatever (or worse--talking and yelling about NOTHING!) during a song like #41 or Seek Up... LOL Crash into Me became DMB's version of Touch of Grey...

Of course this is completely off topic... oh well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2008, 05:12 PM
 
Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,519 posts, read 4,931,614 times
Reputation: 4251
Talking Hello SUZETTE! THANK YOU FRIEND!!

Once again, SUZETTE Thank you so much

for this thread! Thank you for this post as well!!

And YES, I agree that you have to DEFEND good musical talent

And I know what you mean LOL!


By the way, I thought about you the other day, when

I saw DONNY OSMOND name on the opening page for YAHOO

And I thought, oh my, I hope that nothing happened to him And I clicked,

and I did not see anything unusual. However, I was shocked to see that

he is already a grandfather. I thought he was in his mid 40's. But he is 50,

and since he got married at the age of 20, and started having babies right

away, and his children did the same, now he has 2 gradnchildren, WOW!!

Anyway, when we have our PURPLE PARTY With "BRYFRY" & "DTD" 's

hubby playing COOL music for usWhen they take a break, I will grab a

guitar and play "She's a little bit COUNTRY, and I'm a little bit Rock N

Roll" LOL! I will do that JUST for you my friend! Mind you I have

not played the guitar in a LOOOOONG time!! LOL!

Anyway, THANK YOU ALL for your MUSICAL input, I think its sooo Cool

that so many of YOU are so well versed in the music arena!!

We are going to have a GREAT TIME EVERYONE!!!

And I am really enjoying every single one of these posts!!

they are very funny!!


Take care everyone!

"BRYFRY" thank you so much for offering to play music for all of us!! YOU

are very COOL!! And "DTD" THANK your HUBBY as well!!

SUZETTE, "AEROSMITH" is AMAZING, and STEVEN TYLER is VERY COOL

and very down to earth!!

Have a great week!

((((HUGS)))) :0)

Countrylv22



Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Lmao...actually I was in total love with David Cassiday.

Oh and dont hold back how you feel about Steve..lmao. You are totally correct in your run down of the band, with the small exception, Perry can really rock the house!! That man can sing. Ego or not, he can seduce, *cough* I mean sing to me anytime with that voice...
Faithfully isnt my fave Journey song. Hmmm, let me think about which song is. I love Still they ride. I like...Its just the rain. Of course I like Suzanne, haha I can imagine he is sayin Suzette...lmao. Hey its a crush kinda thing, all you girls know what I am talking about..LOL.

On my Ipod, I have music from the 60s', 70s' and some 80's. I just dont like much of the music these days.

Here is my ALL Time Favorite song....Closer to Home by Grand Funk. I even want it played at my funeral. And have given such instructions. The song means so much to me. The second all time fav is Peter Framptons Lines on my face.

Country, that is sooo cool you met Steven Tyler. Aerosmith is amazing. Your welcome for the thread!!! I am really enjoying reading it. I am so sorry I kinda hijacked it, but us Steve P fans have to defend him!! I do agree since this is countrys threads, she should have the final say about the music

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-15-2008 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: SUZETTE THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!:0) SMILE SWEETIE!!:0) PEACE EVERYONE!!:0) THANK YOU ALL for ALL OF THESE GREAT POSTS!:0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2008, 05:35 PM
 
Location: ~~In my mind~~
2,111 posts, read 6,218,339 times
Reputation: 1622
You are so welcome sweetie. Sigh, just reading your post made me cry. Ugh, you know when you have those days when you cry everytime someone says a nice thing to you..lol. Well that is me today.

I cant believe that Donny is a grandfather!! Time goes by so fast. I have Puppy Love and Hey Girl on my Ipod. But shhhh please dont let anyone know that..hahha. I even have some songs from The Monkeys too. Hey, what can I say?

I would love to hear you play guitar too. I think that is so cool that you can play. I started taking lessons, but never followed through..my loss. I am always in awe of anyone who can play an instrument. To me, it is truly amazing.

You have a great week too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Once again, SUZETTE Thank you so much

for this thread! Thank you for this post as well!!

And YES, I agree that you have to DEFEND good musical talent

And I know what you mean LOL!


By the way, I thought about you the other day, when

I saw DONNY OSMOND name on the opening page for YAHOO

And I thought, oh my, I hope that nothing happened to him And I clicked,

and I did not see anything unusual. However, I was shocked to see that

he is already a grandfather. I thought he was in his mid 40's. But he is 50,

and since he got married at the age of 20, and started having babies right

away, and his children did the same, now he has 2 gradnchildren, WOW!!

Anyway, when we have our PURPLE PARTY With "BRYFRY" & "DTD" 's

hubby playing COOL music for usWhen they take a break, I will grab a

guitar and play "She's a little bit COUNTRY, and I'm a little bit Rock N

Roll" LOL! I will do that JUST for you my friend! Mind you I have

not played the guitar in a LOOOOONG time!! LOL!

Anyway, THANK YOU ALL for your MUSICAL input, I think its sooo Cool

that so many of YOU are so well versed in the music arena!!

We are going to have a GREAT TIME EVERYONE!!!

And I am really enjoying every single one of these posts!!

they are very funny!!


Take care everyone!

"BRYFRY" thank you so much for offering to play music for all of us!! YOU

are very COOL!! And "DTD" THANK your HUBBY as well!!

SUZETTE, "AEROSMITH" is AMAZING, and STEVEN TYLER is VERY COOL

and very down to earth!!

Have a great week!

Countrylv22
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top