Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2008, 08:34 PM

951 posts, read 1,653,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMX View Post
Bryfry, how about Purple Haze?
Hendrix? You can bet on it. I've actually played that in past (long past) bands. Ah....the days of my youth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 04:56 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
I can absolutely guarantee, state emphatically, that my husband will NOT play any Donny Osmond song! It would be a form of torture to him!

He will, however, play Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Prince, Neil Young, Eagles, etc. as well as bluegrass. When we first moved up here, he found a bluegrass jam and for awhile, that's what he was playing here at the house - I like bluegrass to an extent, but can't listen to it endlessly. Now, he's found a "rock jam" that alternates between an "acoustic night" and an "electric night" - Those I enjoy more.

On a side note, last year one of the more well-known bluegrass bands up here played in the local park on their "music night" and had hubby come up and sing a song with him - he was like a fish out of water without his guitar! He sang fine, but looked so uncomfortable without the guitar - Bryfry - when you play do you move your leg or legs a certain way? I swear, if you tied hubby's legs down, he wouldn't be able to play at all!

Hmmmm.....Country - Should I add fishscales to my "look" since I'm evidently related to salmon? Let's see....what color scales would look good with the purple hair..........decisions, decisions....sighhhhhhhhh

Old 04-10-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
- Bryfry - when you play do you move your leg or legs a certain way? I swear, if you tied hubby's legs down, he wouldn't be able to play at all!...
When I play guitar, I usually lean back on one leg and bend my knees a bit, left foot a bit forward. I don't tend to tap or stomp my foot unless it's really jammin'. Being a drummer at heart, as long as my hands are moving, it's OK. Behind the drum kit, it's non-stop movement. If I'm sitting at a desk (like right now!) one or both of my legs are moving, or I'm tapping my fingers in some sort of rhythmic pattern. I don't even know I'm doing it sometimes. They call it "drummer's complex"! Used to drive my teachers nuts!

Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,450,823 times
"drummer's complex" or hyperactivity? I do the same although only a wanna be drummer. Just last night I caught a show about Keith Moon's last 24 hrs. which said that as a boy he had a terrible case of ADD & hyperactivity...

Old 04-10-2008, 08:00 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,604 times
Talking Hello JMX! HELLO NH FORUM FRIENDS!!

THANKS FOR THE POST JMX!

GREAT SUGGESTION "JMX"!! "BRYFRY" will really ENJOY playing this

but still with a WHOOPIE PIE in each hand LOL! YUM!!

I think the music will be GREAT "BRYFRY" has a GREAT ear!

We will have a GREAT PURPLE PARTY with TWO GREAT MUSICIANS!!

WOOHOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMX View Post
Bryfry, how about Purple Haze?

Yes, it is salmon that do that. After they are born, they head out into the ocean where they swim around for however many years, and then when it is time for them to spawn, they swim back to the very stream where they were hatched.
WELL,THEN ITS A DONE DEAL!! LOL! LOL!

Since SALMON is my favorite fish, then its really meant to be that I COME

HOME TO NH!!! WOOHOO!! I AM ON MY WAY!!

"DARE TO DREAM" I guess YOU & I BOTH are RELATED

to SALMON FISH LOL! You will look great with PURPLE HAIR,

and some orange highlights LOL!

By the way, LISA, "BRYFRY", "DTD", SUZETTE,

"JMX", etc. you ALL are making me laugh so much with everything you have

said, poor Donny Osmonds ears are probably itching by now LOL!

maybe he will even come to our party (just for Suzette ) LOL!

Thanks for all of the laughs

Take gentle care,

Have a GREAT DAY everyone!!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-10-2008 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: HELLO NICOLE,VALERIE,"BOO""COMET""SKY""WIMU""NH2NCMOM"THANKS 4 EVERYTHING EVERYONE!THANKS SUZET 4 this FUN THREAD!:0)PURPLE P

Old 04-10-2008, 10:41 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Not if I have one in each hand! Mmmmmmmmm, chocolate.

BTW, I might play a Prince song, but I will not play any Donny Osmond. No way, no how. Puppy Love my foot.
Well now that isnt the way to get mod love on here. Lol. Ok well how about Sweet and Innocent or Hey Girl...sheez. Haha

Old 04-10-2008, 10:45 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Hahaha, my poor Donny just isnt gettin the love here. Ok, ok, well then how about some Journey songs then...I think Steve Perrry is the love of my life, he just doesnt know it yet. Lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
I can absolutely guarantee, state emphatically, that my husband will NOT play any Donny Osmond song! It would be a form of torture to him!

He will, however, play Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Prince, Neil Young, Eagles, etc. as well as bluegrass. When we first moved up here, he found a bluegrass jam and for awhile, that's what he was playing here at the house - I like bluegrass to an extent, but can't listen to it endlessly. Now, he's found a "rock jam" that alternates between an "acoustic night" and an "electric night" - Those I enjoy more.

On a side note, last year one of the more well-known bluegrass bands up here played in the local park on their "music night" and had hubby come up and sing a song with him - he was like a fish out of water without his guitar! He sang fine, but looked so uncomfortable without the guitar - Bryfry - when you play do you move your leg or legs a certain way? I swear, if you tied hubby's legs down, he wouldn't be able to play at all!

Hmmmm.....Country - Should I add fishscales to my "look" since I'm evidently related to salmon? Let's see....what color scales would look good with the purple hair..........decisions, decisions....sighhhhhhhhh

Old 04-11-2008, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Hahaha, my poor Donny just isnt gettin the love here. Ok, ok, well then how about some Journey songs then...I think Steve Perrry is the love of my life, he just doesnt know it yet. Lmao.
Oh, Suzet! Really? Oh, man......really? Steve Perry? He actually ruined Journey. They used to be a great band before his ego walked in the door. I suppose you want to hear Faithfully?

Oh, all right. Only because it's you. I wouldn't do it for anyone else though. You and my sister probably had pictures of him in your lockers. Probably right next to Shaun Cassidy.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:32 AM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times
Default Now Now Bry...

Suzette is not the ONLY Donny fan on this board Steve Perry is an original Journey member, and I thought they were ruined when he LEFT. Granted he might have an ego - but he still can sing! Johnathan Cain (keyboardist) wrote Faithfully and does his own piano version of the song, so how about singing that version?

I'll put in my order for some Aerosmith, Queen and Cheap Trick though - but you can leave off the Prince in my opinion LOL.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
....Steve Perry is an original Journey member, and I thought they were ruined when he LEFT. Granted he might have an ego - but he still can sing! Johnathan Cain (keyboardist) wrote Faithfully and does his own piano version of the song, so how about singing that version?

I'll put in my order for some Aerosmith, Queen and Cheap Trick though - but you can leave off the Prince in my opinion LOL.
OK, Mom, here's the deal:
Steve Perry is not an original member. There were three albums by Journey before Perry joined (I have the first six). They were mostly a progressive/fusion based group with Neal Schon (lead guitar), Gregg Rolie (keyboards), Aynsley Dunbar (drums), and Ross Valory (bass). Album sales were terrible and they added frontman Robert Fleischman (who wrote "Wheel in the Sky"). He was fired within a year and they hired Steve Perry prior to Infinity. Obviously it was a good choice and so it went. Drummer Dunbar didn't get along with Perry and was replaced by Steve Smith prior the Evolution album, their fifth effort. So there you have it.

I will play all of the others you mentioned in a heartbeat (Stuff by Queen is the most difficult to play, Aerosmith is the most rockin'est, and Cheap Trick is the most fun!)

Before this thread changes into musical tastes, I think it's up to countrylv22 to decide. It's about her and she should be the one to pick, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire