Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 12:47 PM

384 posts, read 398,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpounder View Post
No sales tax

No income tax

You are allowed to own guns

Slightly more sane politics, although that has been changing thanks to all the mass holes moving north.

People are generally more friendly.

Better drivers.

…..plus no sales tax and better roads, esp. the major highways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 04:13 PM

830 posts, read 1,538,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akacen View Post
I had specifically stated that the taxes won't hike up a ridiculous amount. I wasn't trying to say anything about the current rate of any given town.

Ultimately, my point was that if a town already has some/most of these services, then the taxes are less likely to go up by 25+% (as an example) in a single year, due to potential new large construction projects. Something to just keep an eye on when you're looking at towns.

Okay, I think I see what you're saying... you're comparing towns with their own services to towns without the services that suddenly create the new services? But in any case, they can and do hike up a ridiculous amount from year to year, regardless.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:20 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbell76 View Post
Okay, I think I see what you're saying... you're comparing towns with their own services to towns without the services that suddenly create the new services? But in any case, they can and do hike up a ridiculous amount from year to year, regardless.
There are extreme disparities with total valuations of real estate on a town to town basis across the state. If spending increases in a low population town with a small tax base and a low total valuation of real estate- equalized tax rate can increase dramatically. As I've mentioned before, Moultonborough has the highest overall valuation of real estate of any town in the state with a sizable land area. By comparison, Concord, with a population over three times larger as a valuation rate at the town level that is only somewhat more. The tax rate difference between Moultonborough to Concord is $7.72 to $28.10 respectively per $1,000 assessed value by comparison.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:17 AM

613 posts, read 944,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley7677 View Post
No sales tax

No income tax

You are allowed to own guns

Slightly more sane politics, although that has been changing thanks to all the mass holes moving north.

People are generally more friendly.

Better drivers.
"all the mass holes" That's nice. I always figure that anyone ignorant or prejudiced enough to label everyone from a certain state or region as terrible is probably an a-hole themselves.

A few of my neighbors moved here from Mass. years ago & they are among the most down to earth people you could meet. And fortunately, unlike you, almost all the people here on the NH Seacoast who are from NH don't seem to care where anyone else is from.....most people here seem equally friendly.....

Old 01-18-2019, 07:10 PM

21,631 posts, read 12,766,606 times
No people of color. (2Milion in Mass...maybe 100k in NH.)

More isolation. Far fewer urban areas and less varied cuisine.

Fewer government regulations generally speaking.

Significantly colder in central NH than Southeastern MA (I say south eastern Ma because South Shore may not be exactly where you are, many towns south of Boston are ‘Metro South’).

Less traffic.

Septic systems and higher property tax

Not as many bleeding heart liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire