Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 12:44 PM

4 posts, read 10,946 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am a mother of a 5th grader in California. He chose New Hampshire as his state project and needs to do a scavenger hunt of NH items. Our friend who is a state resident has just had a family emergency and is unable to help. Would anyone be interested in helping my son? He needs things like postcards, newspaper articles, brochures; just to name a few things. I can send self addressed envelopes for mailing things to us and I can send some money to offset any cost for postcards, newspapers and such. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa, Mom of 5th grade son
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 01:10 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
I would be willing to help out. Please DM me where to send- I have a lot of brochures and might have some post cards as well. When you DM me, also let me know if there are specifics he is looking for as well as when he needs it by.

Nicolem

Old 04-07-2008, 01:16 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Talking Hello NICOLE M!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! :0)

WOOHOO!!! FOR NICOLE!!! KUDOS TO YOU

MY FRIEND!!!

HOW NICE OF YOU TO HELP THEM OUT!!

YOU ARE REALLY GREAT NICOLE!!!

Take care,

Have a great day!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I would be willing to help out. Please DM me where to send- I have a lot of brochures and might have some post cards as well. When you DM me, also let me know if there are specifics he is looking for as well as when he needs it by.

Nicolem

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-07-2008 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: KUDOS TO NICOLE!!!:0) GREAT JOB NICOLE!!:0) HOW NICE OF YOU!!:0)

Old 04-07-2008, 01:43 PM

282 posts, read 1,186,337 times
I have some postcards, photos, etc that I can send. I also work for the state and can probably find any kind of brochure or knick knack or info you might need............DM me and let me know what you are looking for.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:29 PM

Default Thank you so much

You guys are great and really fast .

I will DM you both (NicoleM and AngelaK). I think between the 2 of you we can get everything he needs. When he gets home today I'll grab his list and drop you a message.

Thanks a million,
Lisa

Old 04-07-2008, 02:35 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times
If you need anything else, please add me to the loop. I can send brochures, etc from the southern part of NH, seacoast area maybe... also newspapers? Please let me know, this sounds like fun! I could send you something about one of our local high schools who's band is traveling to China in just a couple of months

Old 04-07-2008, 05:01 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Talking Hello VALERIE C!! VERY NICE!!!

KUDOS TO VALERIE C!!

KUDOS TO NICOLE M!! and to ANGELA K! for

HELPING OUT WITH THIS LONG DISTANCE HOMEWORK!!!

HOW NICE & KIND OF ALL OF YOU TO DO SO!!

VERY COOL!!! IT SHOWS HOW GREAT THE HUMAN SPIRIT IS IN NEW

HAMPSHIRE WOOHOO!!! NEW HAMPSHIRE ROCKS!!!

YOU LADIES ROCK!!!

Take care,

Have a great day everyone!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
If you need anything else, please add me to the loop. I can send brochures, etc from the southern part of NH, seacoast area maybe... also newspapers? Please let me know, this sounds like fun! I could send you something about one of our local high schools who's band is traveling to China in just a couple of months

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-07-2008 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: EVERYTHING IN LIFE COMES BACK TO YOU!!:0) SMILE & IT WILL COME BACK TO YOU!!:0) WOOHOO!!:0)PEACE! :0)

Old 04-09-2008, 12:15 AM

Default the hunt is on...

Thank you all again for helping my son Justin with his assignment. I told him about the wonderful people I found online who will be helping him and he was relieved and excited. I have DM'd each of you and broken the list up amongst the 3 of you that offered to help. That way it’s not too much. If you have any trouble finding anything, please don’t go out of your way to get it. If you think or find anything that he may be interested in feel free to include it too.

Here's some info about him: He loves sports, especially basketball and just learned to ski and snowboard but is partially sighted so can't participate in nearly as many sports as he would like. He has a wicked sense of humor, loves animal, plays the euphonium in beginning band and his favorite subjects are P.E. and science. Especially when they study space.

DM me if you have any questions or ideas.

Thanks again,
Lisa and Justin

Old 04-09-2008, 05:27 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times
Lisa, would something from the Christa McAuliffe Planetarium in Concord be appropriate for him? The whole nation mourned when she was killed in the 1986 Challenger disaster, but I imagine that with so many years passing, folks in other areas don't see reminders here and there of NH's teacher in space....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire